Other
No votes

Total votes: 18
edd8990
level5
level5

WHO YA GONNA VOTE? (UK politics thread)

Postby edd8990 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:54 pm

UK election in 9 days. So who are you going to vote for. (Or who would you vote for if you are not able to vote!)

I'm drawn to the Lib Dems for their policy of scrapping tuition fees, and as far as I can see, their economics are better costed. Having said that, theur figures are still "optomistic"
Curiosity
level5
level5

Postby Curiosity » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:48 pm

Well, I would vote Conservative usually, but it so happens that my local Labour MP is the ex-vice-chairman of Labour Friends of Israel and remains a staunch supporter of Israel. That, combined with the fact that I actually agree with a lot of things Blair has done and plans to do (and my MPs support of him), mean that I am tempted to vote Labour. But then again, in terms of health and education policy, Conservative policies appeal more than Labour...
Not that either way will make much of a difference in a constituency with a 7,417 Labour majority...
Last edited by Curiosity on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:08 pm

SNP, if I could be bothered.
Curiosity
level5
level5

Postby Curiosity » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:26 pm

Because of your staunch Scottish Nationalist tendencies, right?
doormat
level4
level4

Postby doormat » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:32 pm

Conservative. My MP is a lib-dem front bencher, and he has so much money and Head-office support it's impossible to oust him (the lib-dems bus in activists from other areas for him), but a lowered majority focuses the mind. :lol:

Besides, It'll be a cold day in hell before I vote for Tony "Rewrite-the-constitution-on-a-whim, It's-time-to-put-this-behind-us-and-move-on, referendum-what-referendum?" Blair.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
Lord Ovrkill
level2
level2

Postby Lord Ovrkill » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:55 pm

Well given my new love for polotics and that I don’t like the EVIL Michel Howard, I have decided to become a full member of the labour party, as tey really are the only ones worth voting for, but as a student I would love Lib
Dems to get in, cos then no more FEES and that would be awesome

So come on Lib Dems, but as I know they have no chance

VOTE LABOUR

And all that nonse, well voting should be interesting this year, see the cons loose more seats, hope Howard leaves and does the world a favour.
Without a whisper,
Without a trace
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:37 pm

No monster raving loony voters? Pah.

A little more on my political views

I won't vote for labour while Blair's there, cos I have no trust in him any more.

I don't like voting for the undead, so Michael I'm-a-vampire Howard is out!

Monster Raving Loony have no candidates here (An issue I aim to fix at the next election, if I can raise the funds)

The greens I agree with on many things, but they are too much a one party policy

BNP are racist thugs, no matter what they say, so there out

No one else stands in Crewe.
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:49 pm

Lord Ovrkill...
"I'll vote Labour because the Libdems won't get in"

The Libdems won't get in if everyone takes that attitude.
Stupid boy. :P
doormat
level4
level4

Postby doormat » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:15 pm

The lib dems won't get in anyway :lol:

It'd be funny as hell if they did though. They've been on the wrong side of the house for so long, and made so many "pledges" to so many diffrent groups, following so many diffrent fashions and trends, that watching them try to implement them all would be so funny I think I'd die. You know the're commited to free electricity for all? And commited to halving greenhouse gasses? And commited to banning Atomic fission? And commited to a freeze on new windfarms?

Funny as hell. Charles Kennedy would have to start drinking. Oh no... wait... he already does. :lol:

Thing is, the alternatives are no better. Tony Blair looks in the mirror and sees the next Churchill: a true statesman with a place in history! And he'll do anything to get that place. Euro, Iraqi, House of Lords "reform"; anything blindly mad.

And Howard looks in the mirror and sees... nothing.
"I love my *ehum* family very much *ehum* *ehum*".
Yeah. With fava beans and a nice chianti!

I want to stand as a Raving Loony too, but the Deposit is a lot of money to throw away...
Curiosity
level5
level5

Postby Curiosity » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:26 pm

£500!

Think what you could buy with that!
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:39 pm

Michael Howard was reported to say that he could give up politic and spend more time with his family.

ImageImage
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:31 pm

According to Deadbrain, he's the Pope. This means Blair is going to have a hard time winning the election, he's got to beat the man who is always right.

Curiosity wrote:Because of your staunch Scottish Nationalist tendencies, right?
I'd rather be here than home, seriously.
doormat
level4
level4

Postby doormat » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:26 am

I'm English, and I'd vote SNP. The amount of money that goes INTO Scotland is a damn sight larger than the amount that comes OUT of Scotland!
What a huge role in international politics a few hundred square miles of moor and frozen pasture could play!
They keep telling everyone that they would own the north sea oil reserves, but they are already pre-empted. Heck, at least they'd have a healthy tourist industry! You can pay for free nursing care and eliminate perscription and tuition fees from that!

Or Not.

The stupidity of some people stuns me. I mean, I think its stupid to vote labour, but I understand that kind of stupidity.
But voting SNP, BNP, UKIP, Green, Respect, Veritas, Natural Law... Now thats stupid. It's a first-past-the-post system people! And even if they won: can you imagine Kilroy-Silk for PM?

Why do these parties even try?

One day, I'm going pull a L.Ron Hubbard and reform the Mosley boys. Not because I agree with their politics but because I realy want to see if anyone is stupid enough to vote for them! Or the CND. Some looser party like that. I'll put together some flashy posters and a charasmatic leader and I bet I get my deposit back.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:19 am

doormat wrote:What a huge role in international politics a few hundred square miles of moor and frozen pasture could play!
Beats a bunch of lousy Daily Mail and Sun readers.

Heck, at least they'd have a healthy tourist industry!
Yeah, you wouldn't believe those guys with the cameras take pictures of in Edinburgh, they'll even get snaps of the passing buses.

The stupidity of some people stuns me. I mean, I think its stupid to vote labour, but I understand that kind of stupidity.
But voting SNP, BNP, UKIP, Green, Respect, Veritas, Natural Law... Now thats stupid.
And voting for Conservative instead is the height of genius, because their numbers add up, and their main reason for being voted in isn't just "You've seen just how much Labour sucks, vote us back in!".
Settle for the mud slinger, just because that you're too lazy to think of a worthwhile replacement for the fuckwit pissing on the Geneva Convention, whose wife reinterprets it to make criminals gain compensation for their crimes fucking up, whose son is probably going to need it! In perspective, that doesn't sound too bad.
As for Lib Dems, just "meh".

It's a first-past-the-post system people! And even if they won: can you imagine Kilroy-Silk for PM?
Quite easily, we've seen enough worthless hot air trying to take charge.

Why do these parties even try?
Well, Lib Dems might even be getting to double digits percentage wise. Why not join in?

One day, I'm going pull a L.Ron Hubbard and reform the Mosley boys. Not because I agree with their politics but because I realy want to see if anyone is stupid enough to vote for them! Or the CND. Some looser party like that.
You used "looser" wrongly. I hate it when people use "loose" where "lose" is the word. I think people are idiots for doing it. I think dictionaries should be forced on people to make them stop. Gravity and the 19th floor of a building springs immediately to mind. But I digress. Your party will get votes, just because it exists. BNP is said to get tons of votes from Bradford, for Pete's sake.
Nines_Rodriguez
level0

Postby Nines_Rodriguez » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:00 am

Right well I'm new to this forum so I expect I'll no end of crap for this but here goes,

This country is being run like a totalitarian state just like America we have a stupid arsehole at the head of our government who says I want this to happen and so it will, the MP's for various constituencies no longer represent the views of their constituency your just voting to give someone a job... a seat in Parliament and £75,000 a year....

So you might now ask well if that's all it's become, why vote at all? Because people if you don't vote you won't make any difference at all... and that's just unnaceptable....

VOTE FOR THE MONSTER RAVING LOONY PARTY - ABOLISH ALL ROUNDABOUTS TO MAKE DRIVING THROUGH STAINES MORE INTERESTING!!!

Return to “General”