Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Sexfight (Note: title be deceiving...)

Postby ScareyedHawk » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:37 pm

People call the woman the weaker sex.

Why?

Sure, physically they are generally weaker than men, but mentally... hell no. Those seductive bastards are somehow always convincing men, through various ways. In school, my class had to go to a place inside the... I don't know the english word for it, but it is like a collection of various important things, like schools, police, libraries, electricity etc. etc.... Anyway, my class had to go and interview the boss of one of these places, in teames. And if you get to select the him yourself, it's always me and Diesel in one team, and this time we did get to decide the teams ourselves. Anyway, apparently Diesel's mom knew some guy working at the Health Department, and since two teams can't interview the same place, we had to be fast. So, the next day in school in class, we tell the teacher that we should go to him. No problems there. The next day, though, Diesel's cousin (note: female) with 2 friends told the teacher that they had called the man personally (As they knew him too), which you weren't allowed to.
And this is the part where it gets interesting:
We told the teacher about it before (And he said: the first one to get there, gets there... hope that makes sense).
We never broke the "rules".
We are men.

THEY told about it later than us.
They broke the "rules".
They are women.

Right. So, me and Diesel should get this, right? No. their only advantage (besides being women) is that they are one more than us. Yeah, you can guess the rest, they got the interview.
Note that you only know Diesel if you hang out on the IRC channel.

speaking of IRC... Pathy is a very good example.

A time ago she was a hop. I don't know why she got it in the first place. Probably because she was female. She could do whatever a hop could do without getting scolded by the ops. And that just sucks.
For some reason, she CONSTANTLY banned me, over and over, for no particular reason at all. She claims that I pissed her off. How, I got no idea. She toyed with me, as soon as she unbanned me and let me into the channel again, she banned the again. I'm sure that some of you are laughing right now, but think about it, How come women always get what they desire? Now that she's not a hop anymore, I hardly get banned or even kicked at all. I've been thinking about this for a long time, and it troubles me. A lot.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:40 pm

To summarise: Scareyedhawk sucks.
Trust
level3
level3

Postby Trust » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:50 pm

Darksun wrote:To summarise: Scareyedhawk sucks.

To summarise in the least adult way possible: Darksun fancies Pathy ;o ;o ;o
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:52 pm

Seriously, I want mature comments about this.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:52 pm

Riiiight. Actually, I wasn't sticking up for Pathy, she's a bitch. But Scareyedhawk still sucks.
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5

Postby ScareyedHawk » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:55 pm

Darksun wrote:Riiiight. Actually, I wasn't sticking up for Pathy, she's a bitch. But Scareyedhawk still sucks.

Give me a reason. A reason that has something to do with this subject, I don't want any offtopic replies.
Trust
level3
level3

Postby Trust » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:00 am

This all comes down to an obvious fact:
Those who were treated badly before claim fair treatment. This fair treatment is, in fact, unfair.

Women - Previously unable to do a lot of things under law of most countries. Now, for example, many employers treat women preferentially, in fear of sexism charges, law treats women preferentially, rights of the mother etc.

Black People (Please, don't complain about terminology, it's an accurate term) - Previously excluded from many activities and picked on. Now, see racism. I've never seen anything on the news about a racist complaint in reference to black people insulting white people using racial slurs. It happens. Why is it left?

I'd come up with more examples, but it's too late for me, I'm off to bed. I'll see if I can come up with some more later on.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:01 am

v. intr.

1. To draw something in by or as if by suction: felt the drain starting to suck.
2. To draw nourishment; suckle.
3. To make a sound caused by suction.
4. Vulgar Slang. To be disgustingly disagreeable or offensive.

I find you disagreeable. Therefore you suck.
Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:21 am

This entire discussion is bullshit. Women and black people being treated preferetnially by employers? yeah fucking right.

And so you didnt get the interview, i gues the women were just fucking quicker than you, and didnt waste time moaning about it on the internet! Get over it!

And to be honest, i've never particularily liked Pathy, but thats mainly cos she is a dick.

Women WILL get their way with men, if stupid men let them. If you could look further than a girls breasts, maybe you could learn to treat them like any other human being - with suspicion!
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:31 am

I always treat girls like my D&D GMs*, but not nearly as politely.

* In one game, we make him cry. In the other, I somehow managed to completely evade having to be sensible, scoring a fairly good XP bonus for roleplay. He had tally marks and everything, and my having the highest stupid marks has no effect, yet. That's right, I astound girls!
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:41 am

Pathy had hop for whatever reason a person with the ability to grant hops gave it to her for. There does not to have to be a reason really unless they want to give one. Some people complained I only got a hop because I was Irish. Be that as it may, I had it. I then became an op. Why? Because the people who control the channel wanted me to be. IRC does not always make sense. Power is not always given to those you may think is deserving. In the end the IRCops and Channel Founders control the power. You can bitch and moan, but it will not make any difference in the long run.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:06 pm

Power is given to those that are liked the most, if power is what you seek, complaining's ruining your chances.

Pathy's alright, as long as you don't annoy her, which is supposed to be incredibly difficult.
Long Shoota
level4
level4

Postby Long Shoota » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:33 pm

Just want to point out:

[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- HOP list for #uplink:
[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- 1) NeoThermic (~NeoThermi@NeoThermic.com)
[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- 2) Long_Shoota (~Long_Shoo@best.heroes.ever)
[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- 3) Rubber_Duckie (~Duckie@the.duck.pond)
[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- 4) Epsilon (~something@uplink-1B273EE.sympatico.ca)
[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- 5) Nitronium (~Dave@mesuckysucky10dollah.com)
[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- 6) AgentX (AgentX@is.my.name.com)
[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- 7) MrDictionary (~default@uplink-E4C243B.access.uk.tiscali.com)
[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- 8) Mas_Tnega (~89c3655c@uplink-2E27632E.demon.co.uk)
[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- 9) Skorp (~Skorp@Bite.the.bullet)
[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- 10) Lord_Ovrkill (~Ovrkill@exos.co.uk)
[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- 11) PunisherBass (~PunisherB@uplink-30E3A2F7.charter-stl.com)
[26] [17:29:36] -ChanServ- 12) Pathy (~Pathy@uplink-29F8EE4F.range217-43.btcentralplus.com)

(This is the current half-op list as of 26/01/2005)

Yes, she was given half-op status because she is a girl. It's just about always been the way of the #Uplink channel (there are a few exceptions). There's nothing that can be done about it, those in power won't care about your moaning.

If you have problems with a member of the channel, just ignore them and don't speak to them, then they have no reason to remove you from the channel, as you can't piss them off.

I realise your point extends far broader than the confines of #Uplink, but I'm just commenting on the situation.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:59 pm

Girls mature faster than guys!

I should know, it's not part of my plan to do so.
Adam Black
level4
level4

Postby Adam Black » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:01 pm

Bloody hell I used to think some odd things.
Last edited by Adam Black on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's kick this bitch into overdrive.

Return to “General”