I made a song (fixed link)

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

User avatar
Iris
level5
level5
Posts: 2423
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:15 am
Location: Land of the Morning Calm

Postby Iris » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:29 am

Rkiver wrote:...I mean he is not that bad a guy, despite what others think about him.


HE'S NOT A BAD GUY! ^_^




















Okay, maybe he has bad taste, and spams bad, but otherwise, he's not bad! =D
Image
Banker
level3
level3
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 6:10 pm

Postby Banker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:35 am

I would point out that "rap" is by no means musical.
It is just words spoken at a certain tempo more then anything
else.


If you say so, your opinon is your own, just like mine..

Now regarding you Banker, I have seen others here tear into you on numerous occasions, with more ire then I normally use when flaming people, and trust me I am a mean bastard when it comes to flaming.


Strange, cause I havent been affected by any diss on this forum in any other way than laughter so far... :?
Most people here are some tame little pussycats when it comes to tearing....

I have read down through a few of your posts, and you do not seem to have a pleasant thing to say to anyone.


Ah, but I rather speak out against people I dont like then drop nice comments on those I think is ok all the time. So basically, if I havent said anything bad to a person then I have no problem at all with them.

Now go rap on a street corner and stop bothering us.


:lol:
Me300 wrote:I love how Banker has the uncanny capability cussing all the time while making his arguments.
User avatar
Flamekebab
level5
level5
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2002 5:39 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK
Contact:

Postby Flamekebab » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:43 pm

Just because you haven't felt insulted by use, doesn't mean we haven't felt insulted by you.

Why should we be good at flaming, what's the point?
So yeah, maybe we are "tame little pussycats" but that might suggest why we're generally a nice community and why people stick around for so long.
Rkiver
level5
level5
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:39 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Postby Rkiver » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:58 pm

Well I have never set out to insult Banker, but I am sure others perhaps did. Now I personally do not give a damn if Banker took what I said as funny, insulting, or some sort of religious preaching. Why? Well it is just my opinion, nothing more or less. I have mine, he has his, and you all have yours.

However I point out that when one person's opinion generally annoys most of the rest of a community they perhaps should examine their opinion, as we should do to ours once in a while. Now I will admit if we all got along, life would be boring, but still. You can debate and argue, without being annoying.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
User avatar
The GoldFish
level5
level5
Posts: 3961
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 9:01 pm
Location: Bowl / South UK
Contact:

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:31 pm

Banker wrote:I do not like it, and its not mainly beacuse it lacks singing and rapping, its mainly cause it sucks. Plain & simple, so therefore I call it shite.
And hell, I CAN & WILL insult anyone's ability or music with or without credibility, do you automatically have to say people like Britney Spears make good music even though you think its horrible crap, just because you dont have any "credibility"...
I dont think so.

And I dont think I need to apoligise cause YOU say so, if Luigi truly feels offended then he can just say that, and Id apoligise.. But Im pretty sure he's grown enough to take critique and doesnt need someone (you) to "protect" him either..

You've given NO critical analysis of the track whatsoever, all you've put forward is 'I don't like it', along with the STATEMENT that it's a shitty 39 second non-song, and then concluding Luigi30 has no musical prowess. At no point have you said 'I think it should be longer, because yadda yadda, this is because from my experience it's important to assentuate the flow towards yadda'. Look at me, I've not said 'this track is great, it is better than all music ever', I've stated for the record what it musically does, and my opinion in the form of adverbs of the way it's gone about accomplishing them (not my opinion of if I think they were the correct ways of doing them). What you've just done is said 'its shit because I said so', standing up and saying something sucks doesn't help anyone and certainly isn't critique, especially when you come back around saying that somehow it is. Credibility gives your opinion the base to be taken into consideration, regardless of what that opinion is, and that's the point.

I forgot where I said you *had* to apologise, I think I said 'I think'. After I explained WHY you were making poor conclusions. That's what gave me my credibility to have that opinion taken seriously, I didn't just say it because I thought it. That's the important bit. You failed to grasp the original concept of the song and seem unable to take the step to judge it as what it is, not necesserily as a piece of music you listen to on the stereo, and seem content with your illadjusted standing point. You can't say this song sucks at flying through the air at 30 thousand feet, and therefore it can't be good music, and expect that to be seen as valid - You don't seem to understand what the point of Music is. You also don't seem to understand the grammatical difference between statement and opinion. All you're doing is digging yourself into a hole where people will just look at you and laugh, cause right now you're running on ego.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Banker
level3
level3
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 6:10 pm

Postby Banker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:20 pm

Flamekebab wrote:Just because you haven't felt insulted by use, doesn't mean we haven't felt insulted by you.

Why should we be good at flaming, what's the point?
So yeah, maybe we are "tame little pussycats" but that might suggest why we're generally a nice community and why people stick around for so long.


:? I didnt know we 2 even argued.. And "most" isnt the same as "everybody"..


Rkiver wrote:Well I have never set out to insult Banker, but I am sure others perhaps did.


Im sure you didnt, you may not care, but I didnt take it as insulting at all, just you giving your opinons, and thats all good. :)
Me300 wrote:I love how Banker has the uncanny capability cussing all the time while making his arguments.
User avatar
Luigi300
level5
level5
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 2:08 pm
Location: :noitacoL
Contact:

Postby Luigi300 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:41 pm

I made a much better song in GarageBand on my Mac, but I have no way to get it on the internet unless TimTim grants me a Clanpower account because we have no internet at home, only at school with it. It's a school laptop and they're afraid of us downloading viruses on it.
Luigi for mod in 2006!
ODDin
level5
level5
Posts: 2521
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:44 pm
Location: Haifa, Israel
Contact:

Postby ODDin » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:16 pm

You see, Banker, to insult someone, you actually need to go to that level, and make the insult your purpose. Sure, insults can be unintended, but I'm talking about the "ability" to insult, we all seem to lack.
To begin with, maybe we really do lack that ability - it's not exactly an ability that is listed in the good man's abilities and skills.
But even if we do, as far as I'm aware, nobody has set up to "insult" you. Most of the things that you would take as insults (or the inability to make ones) were in fact more or less nice ways of saying "shut the fuck up and go away, we don't wish to see you anymore" - which isn't an insult, but a request.

You do have the ability to piss me off (and that, I might note, isn't really easy to do), yet I don't have neither the desire nor the time to fight you back. As you would notice, in most of the "debates" you take part in, I mostly ignore you (mostly - meaning that SOMETIMES there actually is something in your posts besides "you are all stupid pussies". Though rarely).

Sure, nobody has the ability to actually banish you (except for Icepick and Chris, and I doubt they ever will). But if you continue acting the way you do, chances are that you will be ignored most of the time.


I apologize if this post has insulted you in any way. :)
Last edited by ODDin on Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banker
level3
level3
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 6:10 pm

Postby Banker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:57 am

ODDin wrote:You see, Banker, to insult someone, you actually need to go to that level, and make the insult your purpose. Sure, insults can be unintended, but I'm talking about the "ability" to insult, we all seem to lack.

Right.... Now let me ask you something then, If I never made insults my purpose but is saying something in, what you probably would call an "insultive way", then why are you getting offended?
You're quite the confused one, arent you?
^ Like that, Im simply saying you're confused in a somewhat rude & insultive way, so dont get insulted, insult isnt the main purpose, its just the way I express myself... right? :roll:

You do have the ability to piss me off (and that, I might note, isn't really easy to do), yet I don't have neither the desire nor the time to fight you back. As you would notice, in most of the "debates" you take part in, I mostly ignore you (mostly - meaning that SOMETIMES there actually is something in your posts besides "you are all stupid pussies". Though rarely).


Thanks, though I dont really care. And when it came to the debates we had I started by giving the facts, which you ignored, and then procceded to tell the truth; you are ignorant and wont listen to anyone that doesnt see things your way cause you already got your mind made up and not even facts or reality can change the way you feel, and therefore gave up debating with you with reason, cause reality is something you fail to grasp.

Sure, nobody has the ability to actually banish you (except for Icepick and Chrish, and I doubt they ever will). But if you continue acting the way you do, chances are that you will be ignored most of the time.


Maybe, but I dont really care, its not like any of you matters to me in any way so give me a reason to care?
This site is just a bit of fun discussions to me.
And I'll keep putting my views/advise on different things here, if you dont like it, then dont read/heed it. Simple as that.

I apologize if this post has insulted you in any way. :)


It didnt.


@ GoldFish..
When talking about ego, who the hell are you coming here and trying to enforce your morals, like some kind of wannabe morality cop?
Consider yourself a "man of great morals" do you?
Hah, You defend him like you are his mother, or maybe you got a crush on him, so Luigi, it looks like you got yourself a bitch fanclub already, and you didnt even need to be famous.

Now to sum it up Goldy, Get back into whatever hole you came out of...
Me300 wrote:I love how Banker has the uncanny capability cussing all the time while making his arguments.
coolsi
level5
level5
Posts: 3990
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:46 pm

Postby coolsi » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:45 am

Hm, Banker...why do you still come here? You should know by now that no one likes you, whenever you post there's an argument of some sorts...
Nakatomi is coming
Banker
level3
level3
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 6:10 pm

Postby Banker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:10 pm

coolsi wrote:Hm, Banker...why do you still come here? You should know by now that no one likes you, whenever you post there's an argument of some sorts...


Oh, that breaks my heart, really it does.. :roll:
Im not here for some "who's most popular with the computer geeks" competion.. I just find posting here occasionaly quite fun.
Me300 wrote:I love how Banker has the uncanny capability cussing all the time while making his arguments.
User avatar
Flamekebab
level5
level5
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2002 5:39 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK
Contact:

Postby Flamekebab » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:56 pm

Geek is chic.

Anyway, many of us aren't geeks.

This isn't all about you, it's about us. If you enjoy it and we don't, why should we allow it to continue?
ODDin
level5
level5
Posts: 2521
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:44 pm
Location: Haifa, Israel
Contact:

Postby ODDin » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:07 pm

Geeks rule!

And Flame - it's not like we have the power to stop it. Sad but true.
User avatar
Flamekebab
level5
level5
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2002 5:39 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK
Contact:

Postby Flamekebab » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:12 pm

No, but I does.
Or if we were to ignore anything he posted and just reply to the previous/next post.

Yawn. Where the pie at?
User avatar
The GoldFish
level5
level5
Posts: 3961
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 9:01 pm
Location: Bowl / South UK
Contact:

I DEFEND THE GOOD BOOK!

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:54 am

Banker wrote:@ GoldFish..
When talking about ego, who the hell are you coming here and trying to enforce your morals, like some kind of wannabe morality cop?
Consider yourself a "man of great morals" do you?
Hah, You defend him like you are his mother, or maybe you got a crush on him, so Luigi, it looks like you got yourself a bitch fanclub already, and you didnt even need to be famous.

Now to sum it up Goldy, Get back into whatever hole you came out of...

When did I defend *him*? I think his song sucks ass. My actual point was you just couldn't seem to come up with any interesting reasons why you think what you think (hence my whole position of how *actually* it could be a contemptuous piece of modern art - all of that was a charade, btw, but you still couldn't actually fault its basis or use any of it to support your claim). If you can't at least be interesting, what CAN you do? Make fun of people actually trying to do stuff? Congrats! The overall objective was for you to testify your character, my good pawn, which in many ways I think you have. Your character isn't looking good, btw.

It's actually quite funny to see your (ironically) floundering responces, I already stated that I'm not forcing you to do anything, and regardless, the only thing I'd have been forcing on anyone is the dictionary - you ever look up the meaning of music?

BTW, you found any fossils in that hole of yours yet?
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests