I made a song (fixed link)

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Banker
level3
level3

Postby Banker » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:48 am

God damn... I said I wouldnt click it but so I did and well that was...
astounding..

...cause I cant belive someone would throw together some shitty 39sec shit made in eJay, with no singing, no rapping (the real stuff, not some crappy ejay clips) no instruments, no anything...

Fool.
I hope you dont consider yourself a musician cause of this lousy 39sec excuse for a melody. :evil:
Me300 wrote:I love how Banker has the uncanny capability cussing all the time while making his arguments.
Trust
level3
level3

Postby Trust » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:40 pm

Hehehe. Glad I didn't download it.
Luigi300
level5
level5

Postby Luigi300 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:59 pm

It wasn't made in fucking eJay! I'm not that lame!

I made it in FruityLoops 5!

Also, I am a musician. :P

If I could upload an MP3 off my Mac laptop I would pwn you all :(
Luigi for mod in 2006!
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:37 pm

Ejay are teh win for simple creation of music.

You suggesting I'm lame, heh?
Luigi300
level5
level5

Postby Luigi300 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:28 am

Didn't he just say eJay was lame?
Luigi for mod in 2006!
Banker
level3
level3

Postby Banker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:24 am

Luigi300 wrote:It wasn't made in fucking eJay! I'm not that lame!

I made it in FruityLoops 5!

Also, I am a musician. :P

The keyword in this statement being Fruity..
Just like your 39sec clip..

And I bet Id "pwn" you in a rapping battle, too bad we'd never know.. :(
And if you're such a musician, why is it only 39 seconds, that is WAYYYY too short too qualify as a song, and where are the instruments, the vocals.. Nahh, get that, and then come back. :)

@ Flame, well, eJay is lame, Ive tried it and yeah, It is pretty lame, especially since most beats that can be made in it is worthless for rapping.. :wink:
Me300 wrote:I love how Banker has the uncanny capability cussing all the time while making his arguments.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

omg no one will read this!

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:15 am

Oh, so you're a rapper?

Maybe this explains why you have no appreciation for true modern art - personally I think Luigi30 has created a very high quality stereographic piece, a piece which takes a truley elegant conspective view on a large amount of current youth culture, by embodying its very essance and style, whilst at the same time, being totally, and completely, abhorrent, nigh on self destructive, which in turn physically emulates within the track itself the vast amount of stigma and factual consequences this culture has on the minds and bodies of those drawn into it. Even the changing musical styles and timbres throughout the track represent the changing effect the culture has on its victims lifestyles, from first getting sucked into it, through an angst filled central depression, and then pulling themselves back up from it but never truly recovering.

Seriously dude, get with the program, don't just dismiss people because you don't get them or their work, that's your fault, not theirs. Sure, you have the right not to like it, but not to rebuke him as a musician and composer without any credibility. You wanna whine on at new talent you don't even seem to understand, why don't you dish out some of your cultural reprehensives, or are you just another streetside swearbox?
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Iris
level5
level5

Postby Iris » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:08 am

Banker wrote:The keyword in this statement being Fruity..
Just like your 39sec clip..

Yes, well, FruityLoops is more than your average flash-in-the-pan sort of composer, it's actually a very professional piece of equipment. I've done several pieces from that software myself (ask Mas Tnega, he's heard one), and it's good. As for Luigi, he can't be arsed for not being Herbie Hancock, but he does deserve credit for trying and not being selfish to share it.

Banker wrote:And I bet Id "pwn" you in a rapping battle, too bad we'd never know.. Sad

Gee, that's like comparing apples to oranges. Doesn't make sense.

Banker wrote:And if you're such a musician, why is it only 39 seconds, that is WAYYYY too short too qualify as a song, and where are the instruments, the vocals.. Nahh, get that, and then come back. Smile

I've seen artworks in Japan that looks nothing more than a goldplated piece of horseshit, and they treat it there like a Michaelangelo (worth 45,000 yen, too). Short or long, as they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Banker wrote:@ Flame, well, eJay is lame, Ive tried it and yeah, It is pretty lame, especially since most beats that can be made in it is worthless for rapping.. :wink:

Well, what can I say, a piano is only as lame as the pianist, eh?
Banker
level3
level3

Postby Banker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:41 am

The GoldFish wrote:Oh, so you're a rapper?

No, not really, but Im pretty good at rapping and Ive done some recordings with my friends, but not in any way that I am aiming at a career in music or anything... Just some fun you know.

Maybe this explains why you have no appreciation for true modern art - personally I think Luigi30 has created a very high quality stereographic piece, a piece which takes a truley elegant conspective view on a large amount of current youth culture, by embodying its very essance and style, whilst at the same time, being totally, and completely, abhorrent, nigh on self destructive, which in turn physically emulates within the track itself the vast amount of stigma and factual consequences this culture has on the minds and bodies of those drawn into it. Even the changing musical styles and timbres throughout the track represent the changing effect the culture has on its victims lifestyles, from first getting sucked into it, through an angst filled central depression, and then pulling themselves back up from it but never truly recovering.

Allright, thats your opinon, however if art is good or not is in the eye of the beholder right, and well, I think this so called art isnt art.. And was this serious, I mean, you seem to consider this short clip, musical art equal to Beethoven or something..

Seriously dude, get with the program, don't just dismiss people because you don't get them or their work, that's your fault, not theirs. Sure, you have the right not to like it, but not to rebuke him as a musician and composer without any credibility. You wanna whine on at new talent you don't even seem to understand, why don't you dish out some of your cultural reprehensives, or are you just another streetside swearbox?

I dont feel his stuff, period. If I would have had some stuff of my own up then you could put it down too if you wanted, not everyone is gonna like your shit, thats the way it is. One just have to accept it.

Yes, well, FruityLoops is more than your average flash-in-the-pan sort of composer, it's actually a very professional piece of equipment. I've done several pieces from that software myself (ask Mas Tnega, he's heard one), and it's good. As for Luigi, he can't be arsed for not being Herbie Hancock, but he does deserve credit for trying and not being selfish to share it.

Uhmm.. Its not very professional for real professionals but sure, for
the spontaneus musician whatever its probably quite good..
As for credit, well.. Does he really, why, I thought it was shite, it was courages (or maybe stupid) of him to put it up though but does that really change anything, my opinon about it still stands.

Gee, that's like comparing apples to oranges. Doesn't make sense.

It was somewhat of a joke cause he said he would "pwn" me..

I've seen artworks in Japan that looks nothing more than a goldplated piece of horseshit, and they treat it there like a Michaelangelo (worth 45,000 yen, too). Short or long, as they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Exactly, and I fail to see a beauty in this piece of "art".. :)

Well, what can I say, a piano is only as lame as the pianist, eh?

True, but a piano can do so much more than eJay, eJay's extremly unflexible and pretty much only gives you an interface to paste lots of clips over & after each other, theoretically, you could do that in windows recorder... The clips that makes beats are limited and like all of them are from drums.. Nah, thats one shitty program..
And dont even get me started on the totally worthless vocal clips..
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:59 am

I'm sure if you noticed, but I was using Dance Ejay. It's not designed for rap, there's a different ejay version for that, which I have never tried and so I'm not in any position to comment about that.

You can do more than just paste in prerecorded clips. Record your own sounds, sequences, etc. Although I will admit it isn't hugely powerful, but then again, I'm not a proper musician, so it doesn't matter.

I might actually try and get hold of another copy of eJay, like Dance eJay 6 or something.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:07 am

Banker wrote:No, not really, but Im pretty good at rapping and Ive done some recordings with my friends, but not in any way that I am aiming at a career in music or anything... Just some fun you know.

Allright, thats your opinon, however if art is good or not is in the eye of the beholder right, and well, I think this so called art isnt art.. And was this serious, I mean, you seem to consider this short clip, musical art equal to Beethoven or something..

I dont feel his stuff, period. If I would have had some stuff of my own up then you could put it down too if you wanted, not everyone is gonna like your shit, thats the way it is. One just have to accept it.
Yeah *exactly*, and you're mouthing off that Luigi doesn't even have the right to call this a piece of music. If you don't like it, fine, but not likeing something though not understanding it and not liking something due to your personal taste are totally different things, you need to take account for all the messages in a piece of music before dismissing it as not being a valid piece, especially just because it has "no singing or rapping". You can put it down if you don't like it, but you shouldn't insult his ability as a musician when you have 0 credibility. I think you need to apologise to Luigi30, take back your insults, and say you don't like the song because his chosen subject and musical style and timbre meet perfectly with your tastes - which is all perfectly respectable.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Iris
level5
level5

Postby Iris » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:17 am

Banker wrote:Exactly, and I fail to see a beauty in this piece of "art".. :)

Well, in fairness to you, you can't be arsed for that, too. To each his/her own. But you know, you can be honest without being insulting. =)

Banker wrote:True, but a piano can do so much more than eJay, eJay's extremly unflexible and pretty much only gives you an interface to paste lots of clips over & after each other, theoretically, you could do that in windows recorder... The clips that makes beats are limited and like all of them are from drums.. Nah, thats one shitty program..And dont even get me started on the totally worthless vocal clips..

No comment. I haven't tried eJay. =)
Last edited by Iris on Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banker
level3
level3

Postby Banker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:18 am

Yeah *exactly*, and you're mouthing off that Luigi doesn't even have the right to call this a piece of music. If you don't like it, fine, but not likeing something though not understanding it and not liking something due to your personal taste are totally different things, you need to take account for all the messages in a piece of music before dismissing it as not being a valid piece, especially just because it has "no singing or rapping". You can put it down if you don't like it, but you shouldn't insult his ability as a musician when you have 0 credibility. I think you need to apologise to Luigi30, take back your insults, and say you don't like the song because his chosen subject and musical style and timbre meet perfectly with your tastes - which is all perfectly respectable.

I do not like it, and its not mainly beacuse it lacks singing and rapping, its mainly cause it sucks. Plain & simple, so therefore I call it shite.
And hell, I CAN & WILL insult anyone's ability or music with or without credibility, do you automatically have to say people like Britney Spears make good music even though you think its horrible crap, just because you dont have any "credibility"...
I dont think so.

And I dont think I need to apoligise cause YOU say so, if Luigi truly feels offended then he can just say that, and Id apoligise.. But Im pretty sure he's grown enough to take critique and doesnt need someone (you) to "protect" him either..
Banker
level3
level3

Postby Banker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:19 am

Iris wrote:No comment. I haven't tried eJay. =)

Well, here's a tip then.. Dont, its shitty. :wink:
Stick to FruityLoops if you have it, its not the greatest, but compared to eJay its a miracle of a program.. :)

Well, in fairness to you, you can't be arsed for that, too. To each his/her own. But you know, you can be honest without being insulting. =)

Guess thats true, but to be honest myself Im not very good at being honest without insulting, if you catch my drift.. :)
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:22 am

I would point out that "rap" is by no means musical. It is just words spoken at a certain tempo more then anything else. I have heard some of Luigi's stuff, and while I would not be a fan of that sort of music, it is better then a lot of what I have heard in the past.

Ok so you don't like it Banker, fair enough. But you could have just said "Not my thing really, I don't like it.", rather then tearing into Luigi. I mean he is not that bad a guy, despite what others think about him.

Now regarding you Banker, I have seen others here tear into you on numerous occasions, with more ire then I normally use when flaming people, and trust me I am a mean bastard when it comes to flaming. I have read down through a few of your posts, and you do not seem to have a pleasant thing to say to anyone. Now we have had other occasions where n00bs have commented that I should leave rather then being a bastard. I normally tell them that no one is forcing them to stay, and that they may see I am not always a wanker. Unfortunately you have not done anything to prove you are not. Now I am not going to say you should leave, only Icepick or Chris has that right really but perhaps it would be in your best interests to reconsider how you act around here. We are a fairly tight knit community, yes we insult each other, flame each other, and generally rip the piss out of each other, but for the most part it is in good natured fun we do so. You have alienated yourself from the community in a way that I only thought beno was able to do, but rather then stupidity you use plain rudeness.

In short, that is a polite way of saying shut up, and think before you use the keyboard. I deal with enough morons in work to be rather short tempered with them elsewhere. Now go rap on a street corner and stop bothering us.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ

Return to “General”