TWG 13: POE. GAME OVER. Humans won.

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Surinayamake
level3
level3

Postby Surinayamake » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:05 am

Blasted Heath wrote:

Out of interest suri, why exactly am I a wolf?

As I said before, I looked at past games and the playing styles there. Then, I looked at votes here. The Dasqay and Java, for example, this time seemed to be kind of be more with Curio and Mas. The only time they went against these two was when Mas was going to be lynched anyway. As for you, Blasted Heath, you're what I'm calling my unknown wolf. I'm not too sure about you, but I'd still be willing to bet you're the fifth wolf.

And if that doesn't work, just say that JavaMan accidentally sent me a PM referring to the other four.
Nothingus Impressus Likeus Madeupius Latina.
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:41 am

I'm seeing two groups of people...

Curiosity, JavaMan, etc.

LlamaBoy, Suri, etc. (I cant be arsed to write all the names this early in the morning).

Now, from the reasoning, I think Curiosity is the wolf. He's far too passionate about being voted, and Suri's logic is nice and I agree with him.

Probably means I've choosen the wrong side, but still... Meh.
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
JavaMan
level1
level1

Postby JavaMan » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:55 pm

Everyone suspects me even though I haven't done anything wrong at all :cry:

Surinayamake gets my vote out of revenge. I'm certainly not a vote and I don't see how someone could be that sure about who the wolves are at this moment. And for you, elDiablo, I voted for Mas yesterday NOT WITH WHOEVER CURIOSITY WAS TRYING TO LYNCH!!!!!!!!!!!

I kind of suspect Curio as well, but I don't currently see the need to vote for him. If it comes down to him versus someone else, and I can make the difference, I will change this.
Life Stories are like Starbucks.

There's always one just around the corner of another.
Dasqay
level1
level1

Postby Dasqay » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:13 pm

I just realized something.

Normally there are two messages, right? One's right and one's wrong, right? That means two things:

1) The message is either wrong or right: If it's wrong than Curio is probably human and we're just killing one of the best human's we've got.

2) If we divide the message in half, we get one true part and one false part. Basically that would mean that there are two people misleading us, Curio and the other group (led by someone, maybe Suri?)

Either way, the numbers show that it's two to one that Curio is human, meaning that he's probably human. It also means Suri's probably human as well, since he can be plugged in wherever Curio can. It also means that both are wrong in their theories. These are the people I crossed off my list:

Blasted Heath
JavaMan
Curiosity
Darksun
Surinayamake
and myself, Dasqay.

You may argue that Mas was a wolf, but now that he's gone, Suri can still be wrong and my reasoning still applies. I'm going to venture to guess that the wolves are people who have kind of flown under the radar. I'm going to vote one of them, elDiablo since he kind of is wishy-washy in his votes.
Dasqay.

The word for "Gullible" in the ancient language of Candaruan Chinese
ODDin
level5
level5

Postby ODDin » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:18 pm

It was said in the storyline that the message is a true one.
All of it.

Point is, each half of it refers to someone else.
Curiosity
level5
level5

Postby Curiosity » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:25 pm

Being fooled by Mas is far more galling than being lynched.

And why am I the influencer around here? Other people are exerting influence, just maybe mine is seen as being more obvious...

Anyway, as I said last night, I was misguided by myself about Mas, but I'm not infallible, everyone makes mistakes.
Also, if I'd known he was a wolf, would I really have bothered defending him when it was quite clear he was dead? That would be like digging my own grave!
Any wolf who has ever been with me knows that I operate an 'on your own' policy, if one wolf is gonna die, the others are not going to risk themselves by saving him, it's a sensible tactic.

What I did yesterday was not sensible, and now it loooks like I may be lynched for it.
Last edited by Curiosity on Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AgentX 24
level4
level4

Postby AgentX 24 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:26 pm

After considering the riddle again, I'm going to have to vote Curiosity now - surely I am the good one who affects your mind therefore Curio must be the opposite. He did affect your minds - he got Ozy lynched and saved Mas for an extra day. Die Wolf. I hope.

EDIT: Yes, I realise this post is quite incomprehensible, but meh, you know what I mean =|.
prozak
level4
level4

Postby prozak » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:46 pm

Dasqay wrote:1) The message is either wrong or right: If it's wrong than Curio is probably human and we're just killing one of the best human's we've got.

it was established in the story line that the message was true
Dasqay wrote:2) If we divide the message in half, we get one true part and one false part. Basically that would mean that there are two people misleading us, Curio and the other group (led by someone, maybe Suri?)

the two people that it refers to are agentx and curiosity, agentx being the good one and curiosity being the wolf.
Dasqay wrote:Either way, the numbers show that it's two to one that Curio is human, meaning that he's probably human. It also means Suri's probably human as well, since he can be plugged in wherever Curio can. It also means that both are wrong in their theories.

how do you figure thats its 2 to 1 that curiosity is human, the message stated one was good one was bad, obviosly agentx(mourge worker) is good, and the other curiosity(a wolf) is bad.
Curiosity
level5
level5

Postby Curiosity » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:48 pm

And has no-one else thought that maybe these riddles are a *little* too obvious? It's like ODDin is sticking up a big sign pointing at people. I've gone back to looking at people's names. Anyway, me and AgentX affect people's VIEWS, not people's MINDS.

What affects a mind?
Well, stimulants and drugs are the obvious things in my opinion. So, who here has a drug related name? --- prozak
Last edited by Curiosity on Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:54 pm

I voteses for Curiosity!
Because I can!
Curiosity
level5
level5

Postby Curiosity » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:59 pm

What a fucking great reason.
Blasted heath
level5
level5

Postby Blasted heath » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:48 pm

Surinayamake wrote:Blasted Heath wrote:

Out of interest suri, why exactly am I a wolf?

As I said before, I looked at past games and the playing styles there. Then, I looked at votes here. The Dasqay and Java, for example, this time seemed to be kind of be more with Curio and Mas. The only time they went against these two was when Mas was going to be lynched anyway. As for you, Blasted Heath, you're what I'm calling my unknown wolf. I'm not too sure about you, but I'd still be willing to bet you're the fifth wolf.

And if that doesn't work, just say that JavaMan accidentally sent me a PM referring to the other four.

I've only been a wolf once before, and I was not very active at all that game, so you can't as such pick anything out from then, and label it as specifically wolfish.

Curiosity
Blasted heath
Quantum Particle
level3
level3

Postby Quantum Particle » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:38 pm

Curiosity wrote:What affects a mind?
Well, stimulants and drugs are the obvious things in my opinion. So, who here has a drug related name? --- prozak

Well on these grounds, I think I'll vote prozak.
#Particle man
Particle man
Does whatever a particle can#
My profile!
My forums!
Curiosity
level5
level5

Postby Curiosity » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:57 pm

An island of sanity in a sea of insanity.
ODDin
level5
level5

Postby ODDin » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:59 pm

The people become nervous, seeing 2 of them have been already slaughtered by the wolves.
They begin arguing about who may be a wolf.
"Hey!" suddenly shouted Deepsmeg, "I think it's NightWind's blood on Curiosity's shirt! KILL HIM!"
"But that's only red paint!" screamed Curiosity. "Why do you want to kill me? It's not my fault that I didn't use good logic!"
But nobody listened.
They took him to the Colony Zoo, and threw him into the cage of the 2-headed gigantic cat from the 3rd moon of Jupitus-56.
Curiosity tried to pick up a stick and hit the cat with it, but he failed.
The cat jumped on him, and took a bite from his head with each of his.
Beheaded Curiosity fell to the ground.

Everybody were jumping from happiness, but Darksun and Darkshine were jumping more than everybody, and eventually, as it always happens when you aren't careful, they fell into the cage, and joined Curiosity.

Elvengirl, who was secretly in love with both of them, became very depressed over it.

It is now NIGHT.
Curiosity has been lynched,
Darksun and Darkshine were kicked out, due to not voting twice. They were both humans.
Elvengirl receives a warning.

Return to “General”