TWG 13: POE. GAME OVER. Humans won.

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Curiosity
level5
level5

Postby Curiosity » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:26 pm

Guess wrote:Mas would therefore also be a wolf, since you wouldn't have tried to protect him if he wasn't a wolf as well.

erm... could I refer you back a few games to when I was a human and I saved edd8990 (also a human) from lynching by pointing out a simple logical point that everyone else appeared to miss...

Once again, you don't discredit my logic, you just say 'OMG OMG YOUR LOGIC IS TEH BAD' (or words to that effect)

Due to this continued annoyance, my (at this point rather useless) vote is going to go to Guess. As he never provides reasons and has been accusing me for ages.
Quantum Particle
level3
level3

Postby Quantum Particle » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:12 pm

Mas Tnega Seems a logical choice.
#Particle man
Particle man
Does whatever a particle can#
My profile!
My forums!
ODDin
level5
level5

Postby ODDin » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:23 pm

As the people begin arguing, it appears that nobody was able to fully understand the messages. It also turned out that the fact that the transmitter was damaged didn't change a thing, as the messages were saying the same thing anyway.

The peopel eventually decided to leave the given messages alone, and get back to yeserday's messages.
As everyone believed Ozymandias is a human, they went for the person presumably mentioned in the other riddle - Mas Tnega.
There were alomst no doubts here, and only a few people ended up not voting him.

However, when people started closing in on Mas, he shouted "I curse everyone whose name starts with a D!"
That curse deeply affected the fragile souls of Darksun, Deepsmeg and Darkshine, and they became depressed. Dasqay, however, never thought too much about curses, and that's why the curse didn't affect him much.

But that curse didn't help Mas, who was taken to the Garbage Disposal System, and thrown away, despite his resistance. Due to the fact that the atmospheric pressure on the surface of the planet was rather low, Mas blew up, and left a rather big stain on the glass of the Life-Sphere. But nobody cared much.

Everybody went to sleep, certain that a wolf was killed.

It is now NIGHT.
Night ends at 21:30 GMT. Hence, Day 4 will be shorter by half an hour.
Mas Tnega has been lynched.
Darksun, Darkshine and Deepsmeg get a warning.
Everybody, you know what to do.

[For the pedantic among you: Ozy has been granted premission to post the next post]
Last edited by ODDin on Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ozymandias IV
level4
level4

Postby Ozymandias IV » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:44 pm

Oh, now you think I'm human. Now you lynch Mas. Thanks a lot you worthless bunch. I hope you all die in Purgatory.

(I'm a resentful human being)
(I apologize, no offense meant)
ODDin
level5
level5

Postby ODDin » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:25 pm

The colonists wake from yet another night. This time, however, they slept a little better, because they were relaxed by the image of Mas' insides all over the Life-Sphere glass.

However, as they wake up and walk to the city centre, they find a picture of less relaxing insides.
When they do a head count, they discover that the insides they found used to belong to NightWind.
They threw those insides to the Garbage Disposal System as well, and they joined Mas' on the glass.

When they arrived to the transmitter room, they discovered that there was only one message today. After reading it, they understood why. The sentence was surely a true one - but it gave little information...

It is now DAY.
NightWind has joined Mas Tnega.
ODDin
level5
level5

Postby ODDin » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:27 pm

- Two men here affect your mind, both in different ways; one man here can be your friend, but the other one just slays. -

Votes:
Curiosity - 8 (LLamaBoy, prozak, Guess, Surinayamake, elDiablo, AgentX 24, Deepsmeg, Blasted heath)
Surinayamake - 2 (JavaMan)
elDiablo - 1 (Dasqay)
prozak - 1 (Curiosity)

Yet to vote:
Darkshine
Darksun
Elvengirl
Quantum Particle

People on warnings:
Darkshine
Darksun
Deepsmeg
elDiablo
Last edited by ODDin on Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
prozak
level4
level4

Postby prozak » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:37 pm

<edit>
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:42 pm

Right, well I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and vote for Curiosity here. Ozy was human, So Mas, being the target of the other message, must have been a wolf. AgentX will confirm this. Twice we've tried to vote for Mas, once Curio dissuaded enough people so that Mas was saved. The next time, he wasn't so successful. Neither time did he actually vote for Mas himself.

AgentX is one person who affects our minds, with the facts he knows as morgue worker. The other is Curio, who as I believe is a wolf, and affects us with his logic (read: lies).
prozak
level4
level4

Postby prozak » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:45 pm

im not sure to vote for at this point, so im just going to go back thru the rest of the votes from everyday and look at voting paterns to see if something shows up.
Curiosity
level5
level5

Postby Curiosity » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:50 pm

OK, I now know what ambivalence feels like.

Of course, I'm happy we got a wolf, but I also know that the logical progression of this is going to lead straight on to me.

To me, Mas being a wolf (as AgentX said) STILL does not make sense. It still seems illogical. But I guess this proves that logic can not always be relied upon in a game such as this. I guess I deluded myself to such a degree that I ended up supporting Mas more than I intended to.
It was also very silly to carry on with this support once it was almost certain Mas would die. I tied myself so much to him, I realised if he was a wolf I'd be in trouble, but still I thought I was right. Those of you who know me know that I am not usually one to change my views. :P

I am at a loss for a target for today, temporarily at least, but I'm going to check voting records now.

EDIT: Darksun started the attack on Ozymandias yesterday (and although I voted for Ozy, I did say that I thought he was human) so I guess he's as likely a wolf as any.
Last edited by Curiosity on Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AgentX 24
level4
level4

Postby AgentX 24 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:15 pm

Just to confirm to everyone, Mas was a wolf!

To quote me in IRC,

[20:25:54] <AgentX> WE GOTSED ONE

I have received no PM about nightwind yet, so I'm hoping it means he was just an ordinary human, not a special :?.

So, any ideas for today!
prozak
level4
level4

Postby prozak » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:37 pm

im going to go with curiosity

curiosity voted for ozy even when he thought ozy was human

curiosity and mas have voted the same way in everyround

and now that we lynched mas as a wolf hes trying to dig his way out by throwing the blame for ozy's death at darksun.

we got another wolf backed into a corner....
Guess
level1
level1

Postby Guess » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:55 am

I vote Curiosity, and I'm kind of thinking along the same lines as Suri as to who the wolves are.

Like LlamaBoy said, Curio's the leading slayer.
???????????????????????????????????????
Surinayamake
level3
level3

Postby Surinayamake » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:58 am

I was going to vote Curiosity anyway, with my theories of who the five wolves are/were. Now, the riddle makes it certain Curio's a wolf.

Even you can't get out of this, Curio!
Nothingus Impressus Likeus Madeupius Latina.
Blasted heath
level5
level5

Postby Blasted heath » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:03 am

Out of interest suri, why exactly am I a wolf?
Blasted heath

Return to “General”