TWG 13: POE. GAME OVER. Humans won.

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

prozak
level4
level4
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2002 4:03 pm
Location: behind you......
Contact:

Postby prozak » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:18 pm

im clueless right now, im going to give it some shot and see what i can come up with. hopefully this time we can find a wolf, but im gonna sit back wiht the riddles and a list of names and rack my brain for a while, mostly i think the royal wolf will be the biggest clue for today.


ODDIN- i dont want to sound like im doubting your programming skills but if the wolves have a 90% chance of killing, and they failed to kill 2 nights in a row, its either they arent oraganized or perhaps the program is only giving them a 10% chance to kill, just a thought again im not doubting your programming skills.
NightWind
level2
level2
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:56 am
Location: Anchorage, AK, USA
Contact:

Postby NightWind » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:18 pm

Well, now I think you're the morgue worker, Agent. That's kind of a blatant statement. Plus, you haven't backed it up; heck, you didn't even say that you can't say why.

Wait, maybe "Royal wolf" refers to Deepsmeg; he has the most posts of anyone playing the game (over 4800).

I vote Deepsmeg (retracted)
Last edited by NightWind on Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There we were all in one place
a generation Lost in Space..."
-American Pie (the song)

Check out WebWizard!

Image
ODDin
level5
level5
Posts: 2521
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:44 pm
Location: Haifa, Israel
Contact:

Postby ODDin » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:22 pm

prozak - my program only picks a random number within a given range.
So I insert 1-10. If it's 1, then it failed. If it's everything else, it didn't.
Curiosity
level5
level5
Posts: 1641
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 5:37 pm

Postby Curiosity » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:22 pm

It was pretty obvious yesterday that AgentX was the morgue worker, that's why I wanted to save him from the lynch. And I guess that's why he was targeted by the wolves (assuming it was the 10% that saved him)...

The GA seriously better get on him, quick.

And now I'm looking at those who wanted to kill him yesterday...
Last edited by Curiosity on Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightWind
level2
level2
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:56 am
Location: Anchorage, AK, USA
Contact:

Postby NightWind » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:30 pm

How was it so obvious?
I didn't have a clue. Anybody have theories on the GA or Vigilante?
"There we were all in one place

a generation Lost in Space..."

-American Pie (the song)



Check out WebWizard!



Image
prozak
level4
level4
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2002 4:03 pm
Location: behind you......
Contact:

Postby prozak » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:31 pm

oddin- alright sorry bout that, just wanted to check.
Quantum Particle
level3
level3
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:17 am

Postby Quantum Particle » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:34 pm

I vote Deepsmeg (retracted), because of the 'royal wolf' thing.
Last edited by Quantum Particle on Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#Particle man
Particle man
Does whatever a particle can#
My profile!
My forums!
Curiosity
level5
level5
Posts: 1641
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 5:37 pm

Postby Curiosity » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:35 pm

It's probably about time that I pointed out that in a previous game it has emerged that Ozymandias is the king of kings.
NightWind
level2
level2
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:56 am
Location: Anchorage, AK, USA
Contact:

Postby NightWind » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:37 pm

Oh, right,...I knew that, I'm taking history (NOT), ok.

But then again, it could still be false.
I will NOT retract my vote--yet.
EDIT--vote retracted.

!!!!!-Mas Tnega said before that when he runs his username through a text-to-speech program, it comes out "Mars Nigger" to him. Maybe he's a wolf???
I retract my vote for Deepsmeg and vote for Mas Tnega. I support the second riddle more because it's in my fave color.
"There we were all in one place

a generation Lost in Space..."

-American Pie (the song)



Check out WebWizard!



Image
Deepsmeg
level5
level5
Posts: 6510
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:26 pm
Location: Register 2102
Contact:

Postby Deepsmeg » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:50 pm

Quantum Particle is today's wiener, but not today's lynch-fodder!

You are hereby awarded this post in recognition of your sheer stupidity in the line of play.

What's the link between 4800 and royalty? Someone please tell me...
Last edited by Deepsmeg on Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
NightWind
level2
level2
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:56 am
Location: Anchorage, AK, USA
Contact:

Postby NightWind » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:53 pm

The reasoning WAS (key word WAS): You have the most posts of all of us playing the game. You are #3 in the "Top Ten Posters, Descending" arrangement of the Memberlist.

P.S. The exact thread and page in which Mas Tnega said what his name sounded like was "The 3-word story", and you can see him quoted in the first post on page 23. Or is it 22? One of those.
"There we were all in one place

a generation Lost in Space..."

-American Pie (the song)



Check out WebWizard!



Image
Darksun
level5
level5
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1

Postby Darksun » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:17 pm

Ozymandias

King of kings
prozak
level4
level4
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2002 4:03 pm
Location: behind you......
Contact:

Postby prozak » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:44 pm

okay so we have ozymandias as the "royal wolf", and mas tnega as the "blood thirsty nigger". now i cant vote for ozymandias, for two reasons, one oddin knows that we are a smart group and that most if not all of us would link ozymandias to the "royal wolf". but since the code from yesterday that we all agreed was true came from the second transmission, and since one always tells the truth and one always lies im going to go with the fact that the "royal wolf" hint is fake, and that we should instead be focusing on the "bood thirsty nigger" hint. even tho when you run mas tnega thru a text to speech translator it does sound like Mas Nigger, i dont believe thats enough proof to hang him. so im just putting my two cents out there, hoping that it will save an innocent mans life and will cast my vote after a lil more thought.

-edit-
i vote Mas Tnega
Last edited by prozak on Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozymandias IV
level4
level4
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:15 pm
Location: New York City
Contact:

Postby Ozymandias IV » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:47 pm

ODDin wrote:CHANNEL 1: Royal wolf

CHANNEL 2: Earth has been invaded by blood thirsty Niggers!


Well, I assume the first applies to me. Here is my logic, given in Statement and Reason form:
1. I am not a wolf ----------Given (for me at least)
2. The first one must-------It says I am a wolf, I am not (1)
be false
3. The second one--------Process of elimination
must be true
4. The second one says Mas is wolf------------Mas said that his
name sounded out is "Masta
Nigga"

So I vote Mas Tnega.
Last edited by Ozymandias IV on Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AgentX 24
level4
level4
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2002 3:09 pm
Location: New York

Postby AgentX 24 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:48 pm

I would vote for Ozymandias, the king of kings.

But.

We know that one of the statements is always true, the other always false. As most of you have realised, yesterday, statement 2 was true, meaning statement 1 is and will continue to be false. Therefore Ozymandias is no wolf. Therefore onto riddle 2, which is true. I'm relying on what NightWind says to be true here -

NightWind wrote:!!!!!-Mas Tnega said before that when he runs his username through a text-to-speech program, it comes out "Mars Nigger" to him. Maybe he's a wolf???
I retract my vote for Deepsmeg and vote for Mas Tnega. I support the second riddle more because it's in my fave color.


Mas Tnega.

EDIT: Heh, 3 of us all saying the exact same thing. I didn't see prozak's post when I wrote this. Honest :P.
Image

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest