Third Party
9%

Total votes: 23
Adam Black
level4
level4

US Elections

Postby Adam Black » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:46 pm

With how much everyone likes to prove how smart and vocal they are, I'm surprised this thread hasn't started already.

So, who do you think will win? Bush seems likeliest at the moment, but they're about neck-and-neck in the opinion polls (which, if the Grauniad is anything to go by, are completely inaccurate).

I find it saddening to know that the results must be subject to some form of dirty tricks, whether from Bush or otherwise. Can't everyone just vote their own way?

I hate politicians.
Let's kick this bitch into overdrive.
ODDin
level5
level5

Postby ODDin » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:58 pm

Well, there was a poll regarding whow e WANT to win (here).
Anyway, both there and here, I say bush.
Ozymandias IV
level4
level4

Postby Ozymandias IV » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:46 pm

I think Kerry shall win. Hopefully those new electronic voting machines will not be used.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:08 am

The electronic voting machines are being used, unfortunately.

If anyone who supports Bush could explain why I would be most appriciative as I have yet to find hardly any redeemable qualities to him. :)
Surinayamake
level3
level3

Postby Surinayamake » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:08 am

If Bush does win, then I'm moving to Canada.

Kerry will win, actually, NEEDS to win. He's done so much better in the debates, and polls don't really mean anything. ABC did a poll of one debate saying it was a tie, and NBC then said that their poll showed Kerry one with about 64%.

And, seriously. Third Party? You just wanted another option!
Nothingus Impressus Likeus Madeupius Latina.
Ozymandias IV
level4
level4

Postby Ozymandias IV » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:10 am

Of course there's a third party. The Bull Moose Party! Yay!
Surinayamake
level3
level3

Postby Surinayamake » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:15 am

Don't forget about the Whigs.

Oh, and once there was a Lemonade party. Seriously! It was for this poor guy who paid for his election by selling lemonade on the street. It only lasted one election though.
Nothingus Impressus Likeus Madeupius Latina.
Banker
level3
level3

Postby Banker » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:17 am

Third party?

Indipendents? :lol:
lol, the only thing nader gonna accomplish in this election
is making it harder for Kerry to win.. :x

And I think Bush will win, its a pity though.
Me300 wrote:I love how Banker has the uncanny capability cussing all the time while making his arguments.
StOnEr420
level0

Postby StOnEr420 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:06 am

My vote goes to Kerry. If you haven't seen FH 9/11 download it rent it watch it learn from it. Bush is also a complete moron. I have more brains than that guy. He's like a broken record, (President Bush what would you do about N. Korea. response, Saddam was a grave threat). I mean come on... Not to mention the fact that he lied to everyone on TV during the second debate.. If he's going to lie about something as trivial as owning a Lumber Company, then do you really want to re-elect him!

I think when bush was elected his first Term to office it showed how we really don't decide who is president, the voting is just like some way to think we are... Al Gore won 4 years ago according to the people, but the Supreme Court decided that Bush should be president instead?

Since Bush has been in Office this country has gone to shit he hasn't done crap except piss off the world. My mother works for the government, the Census... Ever since bush became president they haven't passed a budget for them and she has been on layoff. We deserve to be taken care of first by our government. I think Kerry will do that.
Curiosity
level5
level5

Re: US Elections

Postby Curiosity » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:02 am

Adam Black wrote:With how much everyone likes to prove how smart and vocal they are, I'm surprised this thread hasn't started already.

I've been being smart and vocal for 4 days, so I'm voting now and commenting later. Amending amendments is fun!
ODDin
level5
level5

Postby ODDin » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:16 pm

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:If anyone who supports Bush could explain why I would be most appriciative as I have yet to find hardly any redeemable qualities to him. :)

Frankly, I'm not in the mood for another political discussion right now... sorry.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:24 pm

Heh, that's the responce I generally get when I ask that question. :)
Miah
level5
level5

Postby Miah » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:23 pm

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:Heh, that's the responce I generally get when I ask that question. :)

Is it possible that this is because there are in fact no redeeming qualities in real life versus fantasy/delusion?
ODDin
level5
level5

Postby ODDin » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:52 pm

No, I seriously meant that's I'm not in the mood for a political discussion. I'm tired, I have a gigantic bunch of homework (well, had, now I finished most of it, but am tired as hell), and many other annoying stuff on my mind (TWG 13 being one of them).
That's also why I'm not going to read through the rest of page 9 of "American troops...".

However, regarding the subject of THIS poll, I do have an answer: most of the previous presidents in the USA were presidents for 2 times in a row (not talking about the time when one could be a president more than that). It is known that while the president is still a president, he can do much more to get himself re-elected.
So even if this is unfair and all, Bush will probably win.
Ozymandias IV
level4
level4

Postby Ozymandias IV » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:58 pm

Of course, if you want to argue statistically, there were only about two presidential races where the shorter candidate won, and one of those times it was JFK.

Return to “General”