Creepiest Video Game Moments

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Starfyre
level5
level5

Creepiest Video Game Moments

Postby Starfyre » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:17 pm

You've played them all... Clive Barker's Undying, System Shock, Doom... and you know that in at least one location, you had the little voice in your head saying: "Okay, that was just plain scary."

Now we know you're all big buff men and women here, and of course something as pathetic as a computer game can NEVER creep you out.

So here is a thread to collect the scariest / creepies / eeriest gaming moments in history.
Enjoy.
----------------------------------------

My personal fave:
Recently been playing Doom 3, now you might say "ooh, yeah, of course, it's *all* panicy and eerie the first time round, at night with no lights and a headset!"...

But what truly freaked the pants off of me was the Spider Web room, the one where you blew up the big mutant spiderqueen thingie. In specifically, what freaked me out was the body hanging upside down and twitching erratically, but only the second time you looked in there; the first time, nothing moved. I swear I did NOT want to go in that room because of that twitching thing! ._.

----------------------------------------

Your turn to mock me and to post your own experience. Off you go!
ODDin
level5
level5

Postby ODDin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:26 pm

Hmm... the only thing I can remember right now is a moment in Return to Castle Wolfenstein...
When you get out of the catacombs with all the zombies, there's a tomb and a skeleton lying in it. And suddenly the music blows in your head and the skeleton jumps up in the grave... and I was looking right into the grave when it happened... damn, I jumped on my chair when that happened... ;)
The cat
level5
level5

Postby The cat » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:28 pm

Oh, yes, I love that level.

The battle of Normandy in Medal of Honor is probably one of the strongest experiences a video game has ever had.
AnthonyS
level5
level5

Postby AnthonyS » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:34 pm

Mine is System Shock 2, where you're walking through R&D, knowing/hearing there are zombies up ahead, but feeling safe for the time being, when suddenly a computer on the wall just explodes as you walk past, just as you're getting sciked up for battle....I jumped SO high! :)
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:58 pm

Not sure on mine however..

The battle of Normandy in Medal of Honor is probably one of the strongest experiences a video game has ever had.

Since when have video games been sentient?
Heh, anyway, I don't know about anyone else, but that level didn't move me in the slightest. Especially as the first time I played it I made it up the beach, etc. without dying once. Subsequent times I died, but after the first time MOH:AA loses it's touch..
The cat
level5
level5

Postby The cat » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:07 pm

Never mind
Last edited by The cat on Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ODDin
level5
level5

Postby ODDin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:09 pm

Lol.

Erm, Kitten, please do edit that, quickly. ;)
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:25 pm

I thought the original Myst was sort of creepy (if played in a dark basement). The music and the atmosphere did it pretty well. :)
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:41 pm

The first time those stupid zombie dogs smashed through the windows in the original Resident Evil :P
ODDin
level5
level5

Postby ODDin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:50 pm

Is this what you mean?
YAY!

Speaking of which: Alone in the Dark was also fucken scary... well, I was VERY little when I played it, so it's understandable... :)
MarcusHess2
level5
level5

Postby MarcusHess2 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:45 am

Doom 3.

Ohnos megabig spoiler, highlight if you don't care. Or have completed Doom 3.

When you go into this room with demons in stasis chambers, one of them, an imp, bangs against the glass and then goes back to "sleep". Scariest thing in the whole game, even though it's only scary for about a quarter of a second.

Well, it wasn't exactly creepy. But it was a huge shock.
All of these sigs have been created in part by me! yay!
Hektik sniper
level5
level5

Postby Hektik sniper » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:53 am

yah that bit was scary too, but for me the "creepiest" bit was when:

You are in alpha labs 4 and working your way towards the Vagary and you can hear the woman crying because someone has stolen her babies

Highlight to read :o
British Army The Number 1 UK Soldat Clan
Winners of Storm and Destory CTF
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:48 am

STRIFE. Creeping around darkened tunnels, the suspense building up. You know there's going to a sudden attack, but it still makes you jump out of your skin. Or, when you're going around and you hear the sound of creepers (giant mechanical spiders). It's hard to know where they are, they're just this ticking noise. They crawl around on the ceiling and drop down on your head.

Deus Ex didn't exactly have any scary moments, but it got my adrenalin really pumping in some places.
MarcusHess2
level5
level5

Postby MarcusHess2 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:19 am

Wuss, sniper! Wuss!

All of these sigs have been created in part by me! yay!
ToRmEnToR
level5
level5

Postby ToRmEnToR » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:36 am

Undying was kinda spooky. But the only scary part in a game which I can remember was in resident evil 2 for PC (I think).

When the G (or was it T?) virus guy stepped in the game. I mean the huge tank zombie that walks around very slowly. So a couple of times while you were playing, suddenly the screen starts shaking and you hear the footsteps of that monster. And there was a part in which you were in the sewers, and that thing passed right above you.

It didnt scare me the way that "house on the haunted hill" (probably the best spooky movie ever done, though it becomes funny to watch after 2 or 3 times), but I almost crapped my pants when that monster walked just about the player's charecter in the sewers (I was like: "keep walking, dont stop, keep walking, dont look down...").
meow

Return to “General”