TWG3 - I win, you lose. Oh, and wolves claim victory

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:55 pm

Or we could just say that Darkshine's version is not true, as the rules would also say.
Somnolent
level2
level2

Postby Somnolent » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:39 pm

Wait... so the seer used one vision to find out you were human, Darkshine, used another to find out Curiousity was a wolf, used another to find out Mas used to be human, and was smart enough to use his last to find out that Mas was converted? Something about that lucky string of visions seems a litle off to me... So you're either getting smoke blown up your skirt by the "seer," Darkshine, telling the truth and the seer really was lucky, or you're making it all up... which wouldn't look too favorably on your argument/situation.
Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:40 pm

Where are the rules against quoting? And also, if it's been tampered, post the original - you were there at the same time I was.
Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:42 pm

Somnolent wrote:Wait... so the seer used one vision to find out you were human, Darkshine, used another to find out Curiousity was a wolf, used another to find out Mas used to be human, and was smart enough to use his last to find out that Mas was converted? Something about that lucky string of visions seems a litle off to me... So you're either getting smoke blown up your skirt by the "seer," Darkshine, telling the truth and the seer really was lucky, or you're making it all up... which wouldn't look too favorably on your argument/situation.

The seer saw that Mas was once the vigilante, but was since converted in one seeing. And he got lucky with Mas, and I asked him to see Curiosity last night, confirming our joint suspicions.
Ahdinko
level3
level3

Postby Ahdinko » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:49 pm

Edited: Removed stuff since i realised stuff. Nevermind.
I know a good signature when I steal one.
www.perathnia-online.com
Virulent Virus
level4
level4

Postby Virulent Virus » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:13 pm

I have to say that I believe Darkshine. His arguement seems the most solid to me, and it is possible that the seer was just that lucky. Or maybe he used some common sense to try and find out which one of you two was actually right. So I am voting Curiosity.
This is not a signature.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:23 pm

FATAL FLAW. FATAL FLAW. Why should the Seer trust Darkshine? Why should Darkshine trust the Seer? This degree of trust is unrealistic, and totally moronic. Is Darkshine a halfwit? No. Why would anyone who is supposedly intelligent trust a supposed "seer"? This belief was brought up on DAY TWO. Talk about desperate.
Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:28 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:FATAL FLAW. FATAL FLAW. Why should the Seer trust Darkshine? Why should Darkshine trust the Seer? This degree of trust is unrealistic, and totally moronic. Is Darkshine a halfwit? No. Why would anyone who is supposedly intelligent trust a supposed "seer"? This belief was brought up on DAY TWO. Talk about desperate.

The seer trusts me because they saw I was human. I trust them because I already suspected curiosity, the seer confirmed it, and then Curiosity confirmed it for me by saying "I know you're the seer". If he was an innocent villager, why would he say this? The fact that I had accused him of being a wolf would be proof positive that i was lying in his mind, yet he said "I know you're the seer" and all but admitted being a wolf.

And I will admit, I wasn't 100% sure about the seer until he said that, but now I am.

You're right, I'm not stupid - I'm just right.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:36 pm

Darkshine wrote:The seer trusts me because they saw I was human. I trust them because I already suspected curiosity, the seer confirmed it, and then Curiosity confirmed it for me by saying "I know you're the seer". If he was an innocent villager, why would he say this? The fact that I had accused him of being a wolf would be proof positive that i was lying in his mind, yet he said "I know you're the seer" and all but admitted being a wolf.

And I will admit, I wasn't 100% sure about the seer until he said that, but now I am.

You're right, I'm not stupid - I'm just right.

OK, date all these seeings, please. I make it:
Day 1: Mas Tnega
Day 2: Darkshine
Day 3: Curiosity
Implausible. Totally implausible. How you met the seer so quickly is a mystery to me. Please stop talking, your nose is starting to put my modem out of shape.
Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:43 pm

Yes, that's the order, except you were night 2, i was night 3, and Curiosity was night 4.
Somnolent
level2
level2

Postby Somnolent » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:23 am

When the seer uses his "power," he's told if a person has been converted? That doesn't sound right to me.
Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:59 am

Are we arguing over rules here, or who we think are wolves? Because if it's the former, why don't you ask Darksun to clarify whether that would happen?
Somnolent
level2
level2

Postby Somnolent » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:00 am

Sorry, next time I'll take up three pages instead of asking one question. Ass.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:02 am

The seer is told the special role of a person, and if they are human or wolf. If they are told the person has a special role, and are also a wolf, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what has happened
Somnolent
level2
level2

Postby Somnolent » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:04 am

Darksine. I don't buy his stories.

Return to “General”