Teenager Confesses to Sasser virus!

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Natzor
level2
level2

Postby Natzor » Mon May 10, 2004 3:50 pm

It was possible to create a file you can't delete under normal Windows 2000 operations in QBASIC with less than 5 lines of code.

HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOWHOWHOWHOWHOWHOWHOW
????????

<I'm studying the construction of e-mails now :twisted: >
http://arsenark.com/games/original/?game=651
[Check out Galactic Hacker-Made totally by me using Game Maker & Corel Draw V9-current download is Version 1.0]
Blasted heath
level5
level5

Postby Blasted heath » Mon May 10, 2004 4:04 pm

Darkshine wrote:
Blasted heath wrote:
Darkshine wrote:
Titcher wrote:Ok so yeah it's risking peoples lives, but when people get it on there home computers and they look on the news about it, they go on the net patch and follow the directions of websites, which usually orientate about getting a firewall.

What on earth does that teach anybody? you're saying viruses are good because they teach idiots to protect against viruses, but they wouldnt need to protect their systems if these viruses weren't being manufactured..

And is this worth risking the lives of people in hospitals awaiting heart transplants? Or people who've narrowly avoided death?

"We're sorry Mrs. Smith, you're daughter survived the crushing side blow from a 6 tonne truck that crushed most of the bones in her body, but wasn't so fortunate to predict that her respiration machine would be attacked by a malicious computer virus that we had no hope of protecting our systems from until a patch had been provided.

But look on the bright side - at least you'll make sure you keep Norton up to date from now on eh? And you'll keep feeding Microsoft, the corporation these 'hackers' supposedly despise lots of money to keep your system virus free!

Oh come on.. please stop crying.. you can always have another daughter? Can't you?"

(you're daughter :x )
Why would a respiriatior be connected to the internet? :mrgreen:

Where would the world be without nitpicking...

@coolsi & mas: A thanking you - now I can unleash my wrath upon the world with a program that completely blocks up your system - with no way to quit without typing in the correct sequence of letters.

Shame it's in a window though...

I assume it would be regulated and controlled by the hospital system. And I'm merely making a point. Coastguards can't function properly without their sophisticated network of information, and that could just as easily mean the death of someone. My point is merely that there is nothing heroic or admirable about the actions of an irresponsible teenager. As Spiderman would say:

"With great power, comes great responsibility"

I know, I liked the post actually - I was just in a particularly fiendish mood. :twisted:
Blasted heath
Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Tue May 11, 2004 1:57 pm

Blasted heath wrote:
Darkshine wrote:
Blasted heath wrote:
Darkshine wrote:
Titcher wrote:Ok so yeah it's risking peoples lives, but when people get it on there home computers and they look on the news about it, they go on the net patch and follow the directions of websites, which usually orientate about getting a firewall.

What on earth does that teach anybody? you're saying viruses are good because they teach idiots to protect against viruses, but they wouldnt need to protect their systems if these viruses weren't being manufactured..

And is this worth risking the lives of people in hospitals awaiting heart transplants? Or people who've narrowly avoided death?

"We're sorry Mrs. Smith, you're daughter survived the crushing side blow from a 6 tonne truck that crushed most of the bones in her body, but wasn't so fortunate to predict that her respiration machine would be attacked by a malicious computer virus that we had no hope of protecting our systems from until a patch had been provided.

But look on the bright side - at least you'll make sure you keep Norton up to date from now on eh? And you'll keep feeding Microsoft, the corporation these 'hackers' supposedly despise lots of money to keep your system virus free!

Oh come on.. please stop crying.. you can always have another daughter? Can't you?"

@coolsi & mas: A thanking you - now I can unleash my wrath upon the world with a program that completely blocks up your system - with no way to quit without typing in the correct sequence of letters.

I assume it would be regulated and controlled by the hospital system. And I'm merely making a point. Coastguards can't function properly without their sophisticated network of information, and that could just as easily mean the death of someone. My point is merely that there is nothing heroic or admirable about the actions of an irresponsible teenager. As Spiderman would say:

I know, I liked the post actually - I was just in a particularly fiendish mood. :twisted:

Huh?!?! I swear last time i looked at this it was Sweatybob who posted it, and I was all confused thinking 'Shouldn't it be Blasted Heath saying that?'

I sense a conspiracy..
Blasted heath
level5
level5

Postby Blasted heath » Tue May 11, 2004 3:47 pm

Darkshine wrote:I sense a conspiracy..

Indeed...

You've actually confused me a bit too.

Anyway, on topic; I saw an article in the paper about this person who was arrested was actually part of a wider network, and was involved in all the versions of netsky.
Blasted heath
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Tue May 11, 2004 4:11 pm

Darkshine wrote:
Blasted heath wrote:
Darkshine wrote:
Blasted heath wrote:
Darkshine wrote:

Huh?!?! I swear last time i looked at this it was Sweatybob who posted it, and I was all confused thinking 'Shouldn't it be Blasted Heath saying that?'

I sense a conspiracy..

QUOTE NEST!!!
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Tue May 11, 2004 4:23 pm

Natzor wrote:It was possible to create a file you can't delete under normal Windows 2000 operations in QBASIC with less than 5 lines of code.

HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOWHOWHOWHOWHOWHOWHOW
????????

<I'm studying the construction of e-mails now :twisted: >

What good would it do you if I told you now? It doesn't work on patched systems anymore anyway. And it's not that hard, think a bit about it :)
jacka18l
level1
level1

Postby jacka18l » Tue May 11, 2004 4:47 pm

the "best" virus from a writers point of view.

would be;

a virus that speeds up the bios to go really fast thus causing some kind of super evil computer of doom.

or if you have an metal keyboard then your keyboard would become charged so you get shocked
run a webserver
hack this address
http://127.0.0.1
Blasted heath
level5
level5

Postby Blasted heath » Tue May 11, 2004 4:55 pm

jacka18l wrote:the "best" virus from a writers point of view.

would be;

a virus that speeds up the bios to go really fast thus causing some kind of super evil computer of doom.

or if you have an metal keyboard then your keyboard would become charged so you get shocked

Or, not...
Blasted heath
BlueScreen
level2
level2

Postby BlueScreen » Tue May 11, 2004 4:56 pm

Darksun wrote:British soldiers are still taught to read maps, whereas most american soldiers rely on GPS. Not sure what that has to do with anything, just thought I'd mention it

this is because just in case the kit fails (look at the SA80 for an example of British military kit), then they can still know where they are and how to get where they want to go.

The Royal Navy still trains to use mechanical sextants, compases and paper maps, which they keep a backup of their course<sp?> on, for the same reasons.

besides, America controls the GPS satellites, and can switch them off at any time.
Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything.  Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
<damn 255 char sig limit>
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Tue May 11, 2004 5:03 pm

point being, we use use maps, campasses and sextants.
We have a backup system.

Americans don't.
blind
level1
level1

Postby blind » Tue May 11, 2004 6:51 pm

Blasted heath wrote:
jacka18l wrote:the "best" virus from a writers point of view.

would be;

Or, not...

It kinda already exists, you can get or write programs which switch off all your fans and spin everything else really fast, so the HDD etc is totally burned out and irreplaceable (sp?)

All you would need to do would be, write a program to run the 'burner' and disguise it as solitaire or something similar so when the solitaire file is loaded, the PC is totally destroyed.

The only problem would be distributing the file, as if the infected PCs all get destroyed, so would the files.

Anyhoo, I feel I shouldn't link to the file, just in case it falls into the wrong hands and my PC gets wrecked. 8)
Blasted heath
level5
level5

Postby Blasted heath » Tue May 11, 2004 7:57 pm

blind wrote:It kinda already exists, you can get or write programs which switch off all your fans and spin everything else really fast, so the HDD etc is totally burned out and irreplaceable (sp?)

Heh, when I read that I had a vision of my comp's tower spinning on the spot.

Also, it could distribute before it instructed the machine to destroy itself.
Blasted heath
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Tue May 11, 2004 8:29 pm

What I want to know is why Naztor is so interested on creating a virus.

But on the topic, people these days. Instead of making viruses why not turn that skill into something useful. My dad writes programs for medical equipment. He can write games or do something like my dad. But that's just what I think.
I wasn't here.
sweaty bob
level5
level5

Postby sweaty bob » Wed May 12, 2004 8:02 am

Darkshine wrote:

I sense a conspiracy..

What did i say??? :shock:
blind
level1
level1

Postby blind » Wed May 12, 2004 9:23 am

Blasted heath wrote:
blind wrote:It kinda already exists, you can get or write programs which switch off all your fans and spin everything else really fast, so the HDD etc is totally burned out and irreplaceable (sp?)

Heh, when I read that I had a vision of my comp's tower spinning on the spot.

Also, it could distribute before it instructed the machine to destroy itself.

LOL! That would be the best virus ever.

Return to “General”