Donnie Darko

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Wishmaster
level2
level2

Donnie Darko

Postby Wishmaster » Sat May 08, 2004 7:59 pm

I just wondered if anybody here ever watched this goddamn great movie... Just finished watching, and I still think this is the greates film ever made! Better than LOTR, which says a lot, coming from me... If anyone here has ever seen it, do reply. And to those of you that hasn't, this should be the film on top of your "To See" list!

:!: W0W :!:
Last edited by Wishmaster on Mon May 10, 2004 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Homepage
Uplink profile--->Wishmaster
Swift99
level1
level1

Postby Swift99 » Sat May 08, 2004 8:04 pm

I ain't seen it. What's it about?
Uplink's amazin'
Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Sat May 08, 2004 8:20 pm

No, I've never seen it.

I've seen Donnie Darko, this fairly good film about a kid who narrowly avoids death but is subsequently drawn into an unchangeable spiral of events through psycotic 'delusions' which seem to be guiding his actions, through the protagonist of his subconcious mind, a six foot talking bunny rabbit called Frank.

Now THAT'S a pretty good movie.

ButI've never heard of this 'donnie Dargo'..
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Sat May 08, 2004 9:13 pm

I never saw the movie, but the site freaked me out:
http://www.donniedarko.com/
Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Sat May 08, 2004 9:16 pm

Starfyre wrote:I never saw the movie, but the site freaked me out:
http://www.donniedarko.com/

It's one of my favourite sites ever, totally pointless, but utterly awesome, especially with headphones.
BlueScreen
level2
level2

Postby BlueScreen » Sun May 09, 2004 2:08 am

apparently it's even better if you have been smokeing a certain class C drug (UK),

however, unless the drug is legal in your country, i highly advise you not to partake in any.

(Disclaimer: i don't advise anyone to do anything illegal, if you get caught, it's your fault). probably IV don't either.
Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything.  Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
<damn 255 char sig limit>
Riddla
level3
level3

Postby Riddla » Sun May 09, 2004 4:04 am

:shock: Site... trippy...
*Riddla+*, when mind-bogglingly insane just isn't enough, they come to me.
menancer
level3
level3

Postby menancer » Sun May 09, 2004 6:25 pm

Yeah, the site freaked me out also
what was the movie about?
Owner of the unique 35000GHz & 1000Gqs+ Gateway

Trust is NOT a weakness...
It is a sickness.

A very insensible person, according to everyone on this forum (only on this)
Superpig
level4
level4

Postby Superpig » Sun May 09, 2004 10:12 pm

Darkshine wrote:I've seen Donnie Darko, this fairly good film about a kid who narrowly avoids death but is subsequently drawn into an unchangeable spiral of events through psycotic 'delusions' which seem to be guiding his actions, through the protagonist of his subconcious mind, a six foot talking bunny rabbit called Frank.

That's not actually what happens.
Superpig
- Saving pigs from untimely fates
Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Mon May 10, 2004 12:52 am

Superpig wrote:
Darkshine wrote:I've seen Donnie Darko, this fairly good film about a kid who narrowly avoids death but is subsequently drawn into an unchangeable spiral of events through psycotic 'delusions' which seem to be guiding his actions, through the protagonist of his subconcious mind, a six foot talking bunny rabbit called Frank.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what happens in the movie, thanks. I could easily have said that the film is sipmly about the theory of <snip> but that could possibly ruin it for people. So I summarised in a non spoiler way, from the perspective of someone who has only seen half the film.

Happy?
Superpig
level4
level4

Postby Superpig » Mon May 10, 2004 1:11 am

Darkshine wrote:
Superpig wrote:

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what happens in the movie, thanks. I could easily have said that the film is sipmly about the theory of <snip> but that could possibly ruin it for people. So I summarised in a non spoiler way, from the perspective of someone who has only seen half the film.

Happy?
Oh, if you were only going for a non-spoiler summary, then OK. People shouldn't hold that summary in mind when watching it, though, because it may lead them to draw a conclusion which isn't the case.
Superpig

- Saving pigs from untimely fates
Wishmaster
level2
level2

Postby Wishmaster » Mon May 10, 2004 9:19 am

I did read the summary at IMDB first, but still could not draw any conclusion as to where this film had planned on taking me! (Oh, and sorry about the misspell of Darko in the Topic Title....)

What happens is that Donald at one point enters an <snip>, where he is told that the <snip> is about to <snip> and then it does and everything goes back to <snip>..

Those of you that has seen it, will know what hides behind the snips!

My Homepage

Disco Stuie_uplink
level3
level3

Postby Disco Stuie_uplink » Mon May 10, 2004 5:42 pm

Me being one. I have to agree, Wishmaster, Donnie Darko is one of the best fims I have ever seen. It didn't make a big splash when it came out, but it really should have IMO.

I command anyone who hasn't yet seen it to do so, on pain of <snip> ;-)
Wishmaster
level2
level2

Postby Wishmaster » Mon May 10, 2004 5:46 pm

Yeah, such a complex and innovative is rare! The people that think it bad, just don't understand it! hehe, they seem to be the majority though.... Anyway, check out IMDB's description at here

My Homepage

Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Mon May 10, 2004 10:44 pm

I wouldn't exactly call it 'complex' If anything I feel it's a little over rated.. It's an OK movie, but emo kids seem to drool ove rit like it's some life changing event, when it isn't really for me..

Return to “General”