While The source code be made public?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

TechnoGoth
level2
level2

Postby TechnoGoth » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:00 am

Hello,  I was just curious, if there is any word on wether or when the uplink source code will be made public? I know theres a dev CD but I'm not interested in buying one since I don't have the time or desire to programm mods.  However I am curious to see the code itself I'd like to know how some of things in the game are accomplished.

Maybe someone with the code could tell me.  One thing I'm interested in is how the dialog boxes and other windows where programmed as well as how there corrisponding click detection was accomplished.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.
poortwistedme
level5
level5

Postby poortwistedme » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:06 am

Yes I think it will be realesed sometime, but don't go waiting for it.
There's gold in them mountains!
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:00 pm

IV said they were thinking of releasing the source to Uplink as opensource when they weren't making that much money from it anymore.

Some of the IV team then decided they wanted to release it earlier than that, so the modding community could grow even more, even though others in IV werent too keen on this idea!

Still, this is why the source was released this year in the form of closed source. Eventually, I think IV will release it as opensource, but not just yet!!!

Hope this helps.
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.

Return to “General”