How do you hack into a bank?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

s007
level0

Postby s007 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:22 am

If anyone can help me hack into the US Bank I will pay them greatly. I want step by step instructions OR have that person do it for me. Contact me as soon as possible.
S007
andrewas
level4
level4

Postby andrewas » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:52 am

THis /is/ about the game uplink right? Just in case, real life financial institutions are very hard targets. AFAIK, nobody has succesfuly accessed a banks systems. Ever. So dont try it, you will probably go to jail.

If its an uplink bank, get a full set of bypassers.

Connect to the bank, activate the bypassers. make sure you have an account with the bank (set it up previously). Enter the target bank account number, run the password cracker. Enter the account, transfer the money. Use the log deleter V4 to clear transfer statements in both your account and the target account (this is why you have both accounts in the same bank) and then go to interNIC and clear logs there.

If you do it /quickly/ you should be safe. But bank traces are incredibly fast.
Orillion
level3
level3

Postby Orillion » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:04 am

What are you talking about?
Many l337 hax0rs can break into banks, it's easy!
You should try it s007.

I'll do it for you, but first you'll have to deposit a huge sum of money in a specified account. Deal?

;)

(Edited by Orillion at 8:12 am on Nov. 8, 2003)
Made you look!
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:18 pm

Please tell me this is for the game. IF it is, please ignore the rest of the lines of my post [BUT FOLLOW THE DAMN LINK IN MY SIG FOR FUTURE REFERENCE]

Anyway.
Banks. IRL. Impossible. First, you might think to hack into a system at the bank. Well, hate to bust your bubble, but most bank systems are only for local transactions, and all require unames and pwds. They communicate to a server in the said bank. That server is the only authorised machine that connects to the banks backbone, they use their own type of communication structure [not TCP/IP]. No one inside the bank, not even the manager has access to that server, so if it goes wrong, they have to call in those who need to know about it.

Unfortualy for you, you will never be able to gain physical access to that server, or the backbone it connects to, as all traffic is secured using a one way key system [similar to MD5 and other OWES]. this information gets to the central bank server, which is even more so protected. You will not be able to gain physical access to that one as well.

You then might think it would be funny to hack an ATM machine...
I would laugh at such impossibility. First, any ATM is only 300 baud modem connected [yes, thats a fact] and the second thing is they use their own type of communication structure [not TCP/IP] -again. And they are diffrent, so the one that the server uses != the one that ATM's use.

so in long and short, it would be damln well impossible to hack them in the first place. but say you did. say you suceeded in taking even a penny. There is a 100% chance that you will be caught. Yes, 100%. Why? you might ask, well, they log everything. and you might think to take out that log, but there are ALWAYS more than 5 copys, and even more than that in shadows, and other copys that even really high up people can't access and possibly don't even know about.

NeoThermic
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:36 pm

Must be someone a) Taking the piss and attempting to be funny, or b) Someone who is new to the game and does not yet understand how to hack into the ingame banks.

I for one shall assume for now that it is b), as if it is a).....well lets just say it is too funny to comprehend.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Ghostalker
level5
level5

Postby Ghostalker » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:39 pm

Well said.
~Watch me all In Flames ~ On a Butterfly I ride~
Coldfire26
level4
level4

Postby Coldfire26 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:16 pm

First access the IRC server: irc.uplinkcorp.net then access the channel #Uplink then write:
The chicken flys at midnight, the rooster calls at noon. i am the scriptkiddie.
this will grant you access to the secret organization glorified script kiddies world wide. if you want even greater scriptkiddie status write: 1 4M a l337 H4X0R!!!,  don't worry if you get kicked, the scriptkiddies will contant you shortly, they will give you this trojan horse so you can hack the bank.
I rock, and let no one tell u otherwise! :P
|My Profile|[
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:26 pm

I like the horse bit. Very amusing. The rest of your post is crap though  :)
Nakatomi is coming
Coldfire26
level4
level4

Postby Coldfire26 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:45 pm

What do you mean? i was being serious!

"AFAIK, nobody has succesfuly accessed a banks systems. Ever"

you'll be surprised of what has been done.

(Edited by Coldfire26 at 4:50 pm on Nov. 8, 2003)

|My Profile|[
Deepsmeg
level5
level5

Postby Deepsmeg » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:24 pm

OMFGUSUX LOLOL
Coldfire26
level4
level4

Postby Coldfire26 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:07 pm

doesn't anybody know about the l337 h4x0r underground anymore? "they are among us!"

|My Profile|[
hackerboy
level2
level2

Postby hackerboy » Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:28 pm

If anyone wants to hack a us bank, pm me.
    Friends don't let friends post spam.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:14 pm

/me wonders how long it will be before hackerboy ends up with 500 pms.
/me also wonders how many of them will be serious
hackerboy
level2
level2

Postby hackerboy » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:22 pm

It's been roughly 3 hours since I posted that, and I haven't had one pm.

Here's why: 1)They all think I'm a Federal Agent or 2) This isn't that kind of forum

Btw, I didn't think I'd get any messages, cause anyone dumb enough to try to hack into a bank, probably couldn't figure out how to message me.
    Friends don't let friends post spam.
Orillion
level3
level3

Postby Orillion » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:44 pm

I'm still waiting for my bank account to be filled with thousands of sweet green US dollars...

And waiting...
And waiting...

/me cries
Made you look!

Return to “General”