Don't see The Matrix: Revolutions tomorrow!

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Faeruhn
level1
level1

Postby Faeruhn » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:29 pm

You really gotta think. The LOTR series and the Matrix series are two completely different things here, LOTR is..Fantasy and a long tailed story..
Matrix on the other hand. Is an Action movie. Its here for the thrills and the spills..People expect too much from things. Heh.
The Pain..
The Suffering..
That I have Created..
Mischback
level2
level2

Postby Mischback » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:37 pm

You're right Faeruhn, but Matrix is a fantasy story too...
Even if it hasn't got the fantasy quality of LOTR... But there are not many books/movies with the quality of LOTR...
"Siege egal wie. Die Guten verlieren eh!"  -
"Get the victory, no matter how! The good ones will loose in any case!" Durocher
Flamekebab
level5
level5

Postby Flamekebab » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:05 pm

Personally, I don't like LOTR, but that's my choice.

Anyway - this guy has to be joking - I mean, come on!

"Try to bend an object with your mind" as proof that telekinesis doesn't exist - erm yeah, whether it exists or not, it wouldn't be something that was quite *that* easy to do.

Also, the thing about putting a needle in your skull transporting you to some magical land... erm, why wouldn't it work, if you were wired up correctly so that you're brain accepted the artificial signals instead of the body's own signals whilst jacked in, it could work.

There are so many holes in his points - let me see, I weigh less than 200lbs and I am a bit overweight - and that makes me anorexic by his stats on the average weight of a matrix fan...

He claims that he mastered the coding of that webpage in 1/2 an hour, therefore he was a t3h 1337 h4><0r and could be the one equal to Neo by the films idea.

Erm.. since when is HTML real programming? HTML is fucking piss to learn, what's he on?!

</rant>
Mischback
level2
level2

Postby Mischback » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:22 pm

I can't understand people who doesn't like LOTR... But I've tried to convince my girlfriend for about 6 months to watch LOTR with me... I failed...
"Get the victory, no matter how! The good ones will loose in any case!" Durocher
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:32 pm

There is a difference between liking a movie and recognising it as a good movie.  I don't particularly like 2001: A Space Odyssey, yet I can recognise what an amazing movie it is.  If you don't like Fantansy then you will almost certainly not like LOTRs and will find its 3 hours beyond boaring, however many who like that thing wish it would go on even longer.  But I would hope the quality of the movie is evident to everyone.  I lost all respect to Ropert when he said the FOTR was a bad movie because it was just stupid to have all this fuss over a little ring.  He obviously doesn't like fantasy, but to say a movie sucks because you personally just don't like the genre is stupid, and he as a film critic is completely unjustified in making that mistake.  That is like the people who say the Matrix sucks because of the numerous scientific misteps and inaccuracies, ie using living organisms as batteries makes no scientific sense, as they will always produce far less energy than you put into them.  :)
poortwistedme
level5
level5

Postby poortwistedme » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:39 pm

And actualy, in What Is The Matrix Morpheus says that the machines use the humans "with a special form of fusion" to create the energy they need.
There's gold in them mountains!
hackerboy
level2
level2

Postby hackerboy » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:45 pm

People who criticize a FANTASY movie because it's not feasible remind me of people who think Uplink should be more realistic.

That's off-topic.  Back to topic.

Inspite of all this, I'm keeping The Matrix.  It's still an awesome movie.  The jury's still out (for me) on the rest of the trilogy.

Edit: Fixed a horrendous spelling mistake.

(Edited by hackerboy at 6:46 pm on Nov. 9, 2003)
    Friends don't let friends post spam.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:46 pm

Quote: from poortwistedme on 2:39 pm on Nov. 9, 2003[br]And actualy, in What Is The Matrix Morpheus says that the machines use the humans "with a special form of fusion" to create the energy they need.

Yes, but the human part is just an energy drain.  There is no reason for it, other than to set up the whole story.  But that is a large part of science fiction.  There are always querks in these stories that are what allow for the story to unfold.  These must be taken as such and looked beyond to see the story, the character, the images, the writing, and the other aspects that make great movies great.  :)

(Edited by Stewsburntmonkey at 2:47 pm on Nov. 9, 2003)
Mischback
level2
level2

Postby Mischback » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:49 pm

But I think the story turns worse... I loved The Matrix,
I liked The Matrix Reloaded, I was bored by The Matrix Revolutions...
My favorite movie will not have any sequels (I hope): FIGHT CLUB...
Cold Fusion
level5
level5

Postby Cold Fusion » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:54 pm

In my opinion, Revolutions was better than Reloaded. Of course, any sequels would have to be absolutely brilliant to top The Matrix.
*Cold Fusion*
Orillion
level3
level3

Postby Orillion » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:59 pm

Revolutions was definitly better, and the fight between Smith and Neo was brilliant.

Reloaded was....well...YAWN.
Don't get me wrong, every single thing in the movie was cool, and the fighting scenes and special effects were great, but it was boring.
Made you look!
Mischback
level2
level2

Postby Mischback » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:05 pm

I hated the fight between Neo and Smith, cause I think it was totally overdone... Flying around all the time... I liked the fights in Reloaded... They weren't realistic, but the guys were not flying around all the time... It was overdone...
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:05 pm

Revolutions, to me, felt like the Brothers were introduced into a film makers candy shop and just decided to go on a binge.  At one point I was driven to distraction by the though of how many cars they had destroyed.  It left me feeling I had just watched an effects reel not a movie.  I did like it and there were moments that I liked a lot, but it seemed to made by less than mature directors, which is sad since the Brothers did such a good job with the Matrix.  :)
Orillion
level3
level3

Postby Orillion » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:08 pm

Quote: from Mischback on 12:05 pm on Nov. 9, 2003[br]I hated the fight between Neo and Smith, cause I think it was totally overdone... Flying around all the time... I liked the fights in Reloaded... They weren't realistic, but the guys were not flying around all the time... It was overdone...

To me, overdoing is what the Matrix's all about! I mean, Neo slicing the raindrops with his fist on slow motion...that was extremly overdone, but extremly cool too!
Made you look!
Mischback
level2
level2

Postby Mischback » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:12 pm

Yes, this raindrop thing was cool - flying around all the time was not! With this flying thing there was no real martial-arts action given... They just flew around, crashes into the other, flew back, crashes another time, flew back again, crashes another time...
You're right, Matrix is about overdoing... Revolution was over-overdone! :)

(Edited by Mischback at 3:12 pm on Nov. 9, 2003)

Return to “General”