Revelation Tracer

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

uplinkdude
level0

Postby uplinkdude » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:07 am

Hi i got the revelation tracer yeah and planted it in the file server how do i access it in the console what are those commands.
Woolridge
level0

Postby Woolridge » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:04 pm

Hi there! I'm not a really experienced player but as far as I know using the console is quite simple. When you are in a system click on Console (normally is ADMIN->CONSOLE or SECURITY->CONSOLE) and then the console window will pop up. Now, all you have to do is introduce the commands. Ever used the MS-DOS? Is the same as the console. Write "help" to get a list of commands.

Most used are "dir" to list files and directories, "cd xxx" and "cd .." to get in and out of directories, "delete" and "exit" to get out of the console
CTechAstronomy
level0

Postby CTechAstronomy » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:08 pm

If you're talking about the mission where you have to plant the tracer in ARC, then you place the tracer into the file server, then you go to admin, console and type:
cd usr       press enter/return  then type:
run revelationtracer      press enter/return then when it says, starting revelation tracer, go back to the place where you first put the tracer, and if you cannot see it then it has worked, delete your logs, go to internic delete your routing logs and make sure that it is in sync, e.g. "127.0.0.0 connection opened" is the one at the top and then disconnect without doing anything else, you must do this or the logs will be out of sync and will look suspicious.
Reply to the arunmor email and your done.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU BOUNCE THROUGH INTERNIC FIRST!!!!
Hope that this helps you if not then i'm shit at this game!

Return to “General”