Uplink on Amazon

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:58 pm

Here is your chance to make a difference in the world! ;)

As most people know, the US version of Uplink is about to go on sale.  It is now listed on Amazon.com and it looks rather lonely without a picture or reviews.  I guess IV or Stategy first are going to have to do something about the picture, but forum members can go and boost the favorable review count and give their own view of the game (all favorable of course ;) ).  Here is the link for anyone interested. :)

(Edited by Stewsburntmonkey at 1:06 pm on Mar. 7, 2003)
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:01 pm

Hmm, didn't we already play that game? Maybe that was amazon.co.uk, I forget.
Oh well
/me goes and writes a review.
mosher
level1
level1

Postby mosher » Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:04 pm

whatever
www.webpish.tk shit site but it is all i have whilst i get my uplink one up and running
TimTim
level4
level4

Postby TimTim » Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:12 pm

hmm, i need to sign up for amazon to write a review but i dont have an account, maybe i should make an account?
ben
level3
level3

Postby ben » Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:18 pm

err, where did the "Hacker Elite" portion of that come from?
omfg itz ben
AnthonyS
level5
level5

Postby AnthonyS » Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:24 pm

They are american, everything must have somethng extra :).
JohnWho
level2
level2

Postby JohnWho » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:37 am

Hey! Why does it say "Windows 95 / 98 / Me" ???
First: I haven't tried, but since the game doesn't seem to use fancy hardware features (OpenGL for graphics should be the most widespread lib anyway) I couldn't imagine why it shouldn't run on Windows 2000 or XP...
Second: Whatever happened to the Linux version? I ordered the game a week ago directly from Introversion (one of the autographed jewel case ones ;-), and there was both the Windows and Linux version on it.
Of course I know that the number of people interested in the Linux version will be quite limited indeed, but for my part I was rather excited about being able to play without having to "boot that other so-called OS..."

Also, I don't understand why they only ship it within the US...? Well, that's Amazon's business after all, just wondering.

Funny though: "Content suitable for persons age 6 or older." Boy, I sure feel like an old man reading that ;-) But I'd really like to see those 6 year old computer freaks hack the gamebibles... (I didn't manage without hints from the forum.)

Just my 2 cents, but after all I think it's good that Amazon agreed to sell it. Maybe more people will find and buy it that way.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:12 am

Yea, someone should get on that.  An official description, photo, and correct OSs would really make it look much more attractive.  Strange IV or Strategy First have not worked on that as Amazon is a rather large sales pool.  Oh well, I'm not the one making money on it so I won't worry about that too much.  :)
Solid Snake
level1
level1

Postby Solid Snake » Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:14 pm

I wrote a review.

I believe it does use OpenGL plugin. That isnt just for 3d software. I could have sworn I saw an OpenGL line somewhere in he all the files.

Oh yeah, btw, whaddya mean Americans always have to add something extra Anthony? Ya got somethin against Americans?!?! Huh!?!?! Ya wanna fight!!!!

J/K everyone, im a little high on caffeine right now, please excuse
"... violence never settles anything... So? I'm sure the city fathers of Carthage would be very glad to hear that." --- Mr. Dubois (Starship Troopers)
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:05 pm

....hey, I have an account and didn't even know it. Cool.
FoulPlay
level1
level1

Postby FoulPlay » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:43 pm

hey, he is right. Us Americans try to make everything bigger. BUT WE'RE STILL THE WORLDS BIGGEST SUPERPOWER!
War isn't about who's right, it's about who's left.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:34 am

*Looks@FoulPlay, thinks of a list of suitable insults to direct his way* Nah waste of typing time....

j/king
Uplink help: Read the FAQ

Return to “General”