Postby MaD2ko0l » Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:48 pm

lol...u have to decode it useing red shirt
© 1999-2002 MaD2ko0l
Life Is So Easy When You Are Evil
Makam
level2
level2

Postby Makam » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:15 pm

Yes, i had kinda figured that out. what i hadnt figured out was how you use it.
Makam: Everyones favourite palindrome
SSHack
level4
level4

Postby SSHack » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:15 pm

I Still can't get redshirt working.
"I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... After all, we're all alike." ----Awards:---- ||Grow Up! by Deepsmeg ||Qu
kaaphi
level1
level1

Postby kaaphi » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:17 pm

redshirt /? will tell you everything you need to know.
and I use these words pretty loosely
there's so much more to life than words

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:22 pm

Here is something I posted in another thread not long ago, its about Uplink, but the basics are the same:

It is a dos program, you need to run it in the dos prompt.  Go to the start menu and select run.  Then type command in the box and select run.  The dos console will pop up.  Then type "cd" and the full path of the folder redshirt is in,i.e. "cd c:\Games\Uplink\" (this will probably be different on you compter).  Then type "redshirt -d inputFile outputFile", where inputFile is the path to the file you want to decode and outputFile is the path to the file you want to create.  Example, if redshirt is in the same folder as the files you want to decrypt:
redshirt -d data.dat data.zip

***Note that the output and inputs can be any file type, the .dat and .zip setup is just how it works in Uplink.  Also depending on the version of redshirt it may be either /d OR -d .  :)
slyph
level1
level1

Postby slyph » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:25 pm

redshirt <input> <output>
no more :) . And I'm not saying Mas can't be strange, but by the same argument I cant be told to leave him alone either. That is just my form of 'strangeness'. I would pursue this further if I thought it would make a long-term difference, but I doubt it will so I'll not bother. Doubtless Mas will interpret this as my 'chickening out' or somesuch, but seeing black as white doesnt make it so. Unfortunately the satnet challenge is getting too boring to continue with, because it has no more logical steps apart from finding the combination. True there will be a way to decode it and find it, but it would take too long. There are dozens of sources of information on that site, from the position of the text in pixels to the low-order bits in the logo. Finding which is the right information source is profoundly unsatisfying and time-consuming. Since it's probably a random string or something equally unrecognisable, we'd never know we'd seen it either. A cryptanalysis package could pull the whole thing apart and automatically shoot every possibly combination into the page and find it eventually, but that's not much skill either. Alas, I may stumble across it, but probably not. Boredom and uni work prevails in the short term :(

~Sigital
SSHack
level4
level4

Postby SSHack » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:36 pm

Err... when I type cd C:\My Documents\Redshirt -d satnet.exe satnet.txt, It says:

"Too many parameters: Documents\Redshirt"
"I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... After all, we're all alike." ----Awards:---- ||Grow Up! by Deepsmeg ||Qu
MyUsernameIsTooLong
level1
level1

Postby MyUsernameIsTooLong » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:57 pm

You need to do the following:

redshirt /d satnet.exe satnet.txt
Longest username || Wondering why you can be Veteran with only 75 posts || Only self-describing username || Booted from the GIT because my username was too long || Cannot help but wonder what was wrong with
Chad Mulligan
level2
level2

Postby Chad Mulligan » Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:00 pm

SSHack --

Think about the error message for a moment.  Then think about how it determines what's a parameter, then take a look at the filename you gave it.  Then apply quotes...
"I tell you three times..."
MaD2ko0l
level2
level2

Postby MaD2ko0l » Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:11 pm

ok
1) My Documents = MYDOCU~1 try useign that instead

when u r in the folder with redshirt.exe in it type this

redshirt /d satnet.exe satnet.txt

that shoudl work fine.

2) hey u knwo that dead link that is on the man page?? well has anyone tryed to use hex2 on that and got anythign out of that???
© 1999-2002 MaD2ko0l

Life Is So Easy When You Are Evil
dajerk
level3
level3

Postby dajerk » Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:21 pm

im completly stuck, anyways i still think that he is trying to take over the world using penguins.
okay off to catch up on other stuff i missed
#501 to join the forums(under this name), #1795 under the name of Prozak
AnthonyS
level5
level5

Postby AnthonyS » Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:57 pm

Yay! Now that i've completed Http://www.Try2Hack.net
Im ready for SatNet!
:)

Damn.... This is hard :).
Crackdown2001
level2
level2

Postby Crackdown2001 » Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:26 am

ok goweb... put another clue or two on the site somewhere (and no more red herrings, plz)

oh and bu-bu-bu-bu--------

bump
I know a sig that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves...
goweb
level3
level3

Postby goweb » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:15 am

Quote: from Crackdown2001 on 11:26 pm on Dec. 10, 2002[br]ok goweb... put another clue or two on the site somewhere (and no more red herrings, plz)

There aren't any red herrings as far as I'm aware.
slyph
level1
level1

Postby slyph » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:28 am

The TransUpnet false function includes an IP address that does not exist. I've run rudimentary analysis on the numbers to investigate possible source of password data, but the challenge no longer requires skill or lateral thought. It requires pure persistence, which is better spent elsewhere, unfortunately.

~Sigital

Return to “General”