Speed ...  its important - right?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

supra
level0

Postby supra » Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:18 am

I mean - when deleting logs on i.e. Internic etc, its a bad idea to wait ... but how long time does the companies usually take to trace the connection back to internic *after* you disconnected?

im asking cause i just hacked an account, transfered 10k credits to my account, deleted the statement with log del v4, hurried back to internic and deleted my route and password auth.  unfortunately, i was too slow to delete the statement in *my* account, so i got caught.

- since i've been playing for SO MANY HOURS, i dont wanna start all over, im doing a backup of my *.usr file once in a while, so i did this 'lil cheat and overwrote my old .usr file with the one i wasn't caught in, and I worked *fast* - deleted the statement in my account, and I wasn't caught...   it was like 20-30 real time seconds that made the difference...  

oh well, guess i dont really have any questions after all ... just wanted to let ya all know i love the rush in this game...  :cool:

*I need a coke!*

(Edited by supra at 11:19 pm on Nov. 4, 2002)
ArcAngel
level1
level1
Location: are we actually anywhere or is where we're at just a dream or is the dream we're dreaming a dream at

Postby ArcAngel » Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:32 am

well it all depends hacking money is a hard ut to crack and they can get to you quick I'm not too sure how quick companies take but its always a safe bet to delete the logs as quickly as you can.
Is this the real world, or are you dreaming?                                           MSN me at arcangeljaguar@hotmail.com
Spectere_uplink
level4
level4

Postby Spectere_uplink » Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:28 am

My first bank hack left me sweating and breathing rapidly.

Yes, Uplink is immersive. ;)
.what.

Return to “General”