Progs ???

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

NeoXan
level0

Postby NeoXan » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:24 pm

1. How many Progs are there besides the one you get from Uplink Software?
2. Where to get them?
3. Same with Hardware...heard something about "tripwire"...

(Edited by NeoXan at 10:48 pm on Oct. 26, 2002)
Adam Black
level4
level4

Postby Adam Black » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:44 pm

Keep it quiet about the Agent list and Revelation! They're spoilers!

I don't think there are many programs available to you apart from the ones you get from Uplink and the ones you get sent to complete the story missions. You can only run things like the ones on the file servers from the console, but they don't do anything.
Let's kick this bitch into overdrive.
ArcAngel
level1
level1
Location: are we actually anywhere or is where we're at just a dream or is the dream we're dreaming a dream at

Postby ArcAngel » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:47 pm

Do us a favour edit the post and type spoiler after the progs bit just to be on the safe side. :)
Is this the real world, or are you dreaming?                                           MSN me at arcangeljaguar@hotmail.com
NeoXan
level0

Postby NeoXan » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:50 pm

Ok and what about Hardware?
Where can you get either F**** or R********* else than from the story? On the Main Frame of eacht Company? I also heard something about a Core Sourcecode of R.?
Adam Black
level4
level4

Postby Adam Black » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:57 pm

Hardware you can only get from Uplink.

All this stuff about Revelation is just plot. Why can't you just experiment or do what the game tells you to do and find out for yourself? Why do you want these programs anyway?
NeoXan
level0

Postby NeoXan » Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:03 pm

Because I accidently deleted it :D...another thing...
why does ARC keep bothering me... I send a copy of R. to the other company which should make me play on their side...but I don't get any missions from them...
Adam Black
level4
level4

Postby Adam Black » Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:17 pm

You send Revelation to them if you want the end level to be harder, or if you want more money.

If you put the virus on Arunmor's server first and then send the virus to them, ARC won't know and you'll get money. You'll still be on ARC's side though. But Arunmor can continue their research and the final battle will be harder. You can check the progress and thus the difficulty of the game on the relevant Uplink page.
Talesin
level4
level4

Postby Talesin » Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:18 pm

You can only get Revelation from ARC. Delete it... well, you're SOL. Please play again, and don't do that any more.

Tripwire is a security daemon for actual servers.. likely heard about it during my little rant about backdoors in another thread. Lets you know if anything's been installed or changed on your server, by an intruder. You can't get it in Uplink. Sorry.
NeoXan
level0

Postby NeoXan » Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:23 pm

Ok...than how can you work for the other Company? hmmm...I don't think I could win this battle at all...F**** 3.0 and R. is still 1.0....
NeoXan
level0

Postby NeoXan » Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:35 am

How can you work for Arunmor? I thought you only have to send them the virus after you infected their Computer...
Talesin
level4
level4

Postby Talesin » Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:03 am

**SPOILER ALERT**

***WHITESPACE PROVIDED COURTESY OF GW BUSH'S BRAIN***

***WHAT? HE HAS PLENTY***

***VEESIT DER BEUTIFUL FNJORDS- Ow! Hey! What the... AIEEEE!***

***PERSON PREVIOUSLY IN CHARGE OF WHITESPACE HAS BEEN SACKED FOR UNNECCESSARY PYTHON REFERENCE- What the.. no! Not me!! <crunch>***

***You get it already.***

No. You DON'T do the ARC job. You sit and wait. Arunmor sends you a mail, asks you to send them Revelation and come over to work for them. You then reply to that offer, sending the Revelation *file* as an attachment with the reply. Congratulations. ARC hates you. Arunmor is happy, and gives you money. You are now playing the Arunmor-side missions. Enjoy.

Return to “General”