new school os

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Jabberwocky
level3
level3

Postby Jabberwocky » Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:38 am

We call it 'group policy settings'.

You are the person we design our defenses around. And believe me, you are not going to get through them.

Have a nice day.
There is always free cheese in a mousetrap.
RuBiX KuBiX
level1
level1

Postby RuBiX KuBiX » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:38 pm

yes I will I already have it all planed out.
think you have it the best in america why don't you take a good look you rich brainwashed fool!
     ~ZIONISM IS RACISM~
Jabberwocky
level3
level3

Postby Jabberwocky » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:47 pm

Nope. I run a network exactly like that, except with some 9X clients thrown in the mix, and I can tell you that any security administrator with half a brain can secure objects in the domain to the point where you cannot get to them.
RuBiX KuBiX
level1
level1

Postby RuBiX KuBiX » Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:38 pm

ya well um tobad the little kiddies who are the tech helpsers in the school are stupied and i can keylog them and if im brave enough try and keylog the admin then it looks like I will be in control for a short amount of time
think you have it the best in america why don't you take a good look you rich brainwashed fool!
     ~ZIONISM IS RACISM~
RuBiX KuBiX
level1
level1

Postby RuBiX KuBiX » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:36 am

well tommarow Im at school and will see what I can do wish me luck.
     ~ZIONISM IS RACISM~
Jabberwocky
level3
level3

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:28 am

In short, no. You won't be able to install a keylogger and even if you would it would not run. End of story.
RuBiX KuBiX
level1
level1

Postby RuBiX KuBiX » Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:04 am

well we will find out tommarow if my program works now shalnt we.
     ~ZIONISM IS RACISM~
Tornado Rex
level0

Postby Tornado Rex » Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:54 am

At my old school we had Novell running on Win95. OMG so easy to bypass. Download whatever you want onto C: (if you just leave it as the default dir it would usually let you into a sub-folder of C:) and then restart. F8 and boot into safe mode, viola full C: access with no blocks. Install whatever you wanted and add it to the task manager. Reboot regular, sign in, and run the task :) Hell I played the Uplink demo durring class many times.
Never fear, I, is here.
RuBiX KuBiX
level1
level1

Postby RuBiX KuBiX » Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:10 pm

1 problem xp not 95 now is it.  u cant boot into safe mode, I have my own keylogger then 2 of some ones i got off a site. a novell exploit and a bios cracker
     ~ZIONISM IS RACISM~
Bill
level2
level2

Postby Bill » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:40 pm

Pi$$ing abouot with school computers is fun...

And the funny thing is that I almost certainly know more about computers than the so-called 'admins'. No shit.

The net-nanny thing is crap. To get onto a website, all i need to do is open notepad, write an [a href=...] then save it as html and click it, then websites galore. We even got www.goatse.cx/hello.jpg to work. btw, don't go there...

And the c: drive is just kind of not there in my computer. But in the save(as) dialogue, it's there, and it's also there in Windows Explorer. And they didn't even delete the shortcut to winexpl in the start menu.

Dos prompt is still there. and there's a handy shortcut to it on 'someone else's' account.

In the start menu, Find is gone. but F3 still works

Run is also gone, but dos prompt does the same thing

When you click control panel, it closes after about 0.1 seconds. but you just go in there from win expl. but then, each thing in control panel closes immediatley aswell.

So, Display is unaccessible. But we found where the desktop background is stored on the c: drive, so it's easy to mod that. (the picture is the same for every computer in the school)

Everybody in the school has their account on the H: drive. and i found it funny that the h:\ drive is a 4Gb (yes, 4Gb for 1500+ students), and all my files are 3.1Gb

But it's crap because h: doesn't have a recycle bin for some reason, and the admins are too dumb to keep this thing called a 'backup'. so when this fat faggot just grabbed the mouse and deleted the folder with all my 2 years of graphics coursework, it was gone. gone forever, banished to computer heaven. Nnnnggghhhh.

Hotmail isn't blocked, but MSN Messenger doesn't work. You click Sign In, then the little circles move about for a few seconds, then msnmsg.exe just freezes. and you need to do a ctrl-alt-del

And if you ever do a ctrl-alt-del, there are at least 20 programs running, which would explain why the computers run like shit.

And it's so easy to get other people's passwords, if you're really sly. Just after they click in the password box, you just reach over and press Tab, so the cursor moves back into the username box which isn't cencored****. Then they look at their screen and say, "Ehhhh???? "

And every computer has bonzi 'i'm a dick' buddy installed for some reason.

And when anybody so much as signs into hotmail, without looking at any messages, then logs out, the admins get your address and password. (even if you click public computer) and they can read ALL your e-mail. Which they claim is not illegal, but i'm convinced that it is. especially if they have no reason to believe that you're using the computers for "non school related activities"

they've also got a password on the bios

and you can't start in safe mode.

But the school does have a ~15Mbps internet connection.  Even though our town doesn't even get isdn, let alone t1/3 or whatever. the school gets their own personal private phat pipe.
ZeE
level1
level1

Postby ZeE » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:54 pm

Hey,

Well, like most windows security, its all based in the Registry. Most of the keys can be found at:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policy/" << Then you get sub folders like, Explorer, System, Network, etc etc ...

This where most of the security keys are held, like, the ones stopping you from right clicking, and the ones stopping you from editing the registry.

The only way to "Turn Off" these machines, is to email me and ask me, because am not repeating it on here and getting everyone into trouble when they start hacking their scholl computers ....

And by the way, this does class as hacking, as its a form of illegal entry to a level of security clearence, you don't have, and aren't meant to have, end of.

ZeE@asm.net
### Keyboard Not Found ###
System Message: Please press F3 to continue ...
Jabberwocky
level3
level3

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:25 pm

Trust me. Your town gets ISDN, T1 and T3. They will run those anywhere. They'll be ungodly expensive, but they will run them anywhere.

Your school has either a frame relay link or a link through the cable company (probably frame relay) to the county seat where the entire educational net has a T3 or OC3 to share off of.
Mit
level0

Postby Mit » Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:03 pm

WindowsXP is quite secure. But there are sites out there that can help you out - just search! XP does not have DOS any more so you can't get in via that. Also, the network will have been set up so you can't do those things. The admin will not want to you get access and they will do everything to stop you - you will be in trouble if you try! Anyway, this has nothing to do with the topic of the forums - as the others have said :)
Mit [UK]
High spec webhosting!
http://www.clearviewinternet.com
RuBiX KuBiX
level1
level1

Postby RuBiX KuBiX » Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:15 pm

so what isnt this a little bit funner to talk about then the same old same old on uplink like hacking a bank? Oh I didn't get to do it today cause We didn't go to library to work on our projects today ehhe and in my math class my teacher banned me from using the computers hehe she has a cart which she wheels around cause we dont got enough classrooms and she keeps all her work on a labtop and I deltree it  but she couldn't prove it was me to get me in trouble with school so she just said stay off comps in the room. Like 10 peeps told on me but she didnt see it so i got off ahahaha.
     ~ZIONISM IS RACISM~
ee21035217k
level2
level2

Postby ee21035217k » Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:20 pm

you so crazzzy
Make haste for the parade is in but half an hour.
i morn the loss of my dear nipples, for she was a kitten most fair!

Return to “General”