uplink 2

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

There is No Spoon
level3
level3

Postby There is No Spoon » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:45 pm

IV is making a new game, different from Uplink.  No-one knows for sure about a sequel or not.  As far as I know.
<snip - signature removed - no reason provided>
Icecoolwarrior
level2
level2

Postby Icecoolwarrior » Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:26 am

I think that while the original Uplink was a winner (and is backed up by the October 1st news item), a new game/approach would be very nice.  The old formula was great, had tons of gameplay, especially with the patches, and although it was repetitive, never really got boring.  However, i think a new approach would be good.  But PLEASE, for god's sake, keep 3D graphics out of it!

PS:  Keep it about hacking too :P
Sonnybobiche
level3
level3

Postby Sonnybobiche » Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:11 am

Wait wait wait, whoah...
What do you mean you're moving on to another game?
There are still tons of bugs to be resolved in this game!
Oh, it just hit me. This is an opportunity! Now that Uplink is no longer being further developed, I think it's time to release the source code to people who have purchased Uplink so that it can be modded and not become abandonware ever!
The reason Half-Life is still selling copies is beacause it was moddable. Let's try to do the same! (Did they release source code for HL?)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
RoystonD12
level4
level4

Postby RoystonD12 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:54 pm

I think the next game should be to uplink what quake 3 was to quake... make it nice enough to seem like a new game but at heart its just like uplink, that way new peeps will be impressed and old hands wont feel too obsolete.. also, multiplayer... if it's done right, it could make all the differance...
what.up('yo');
ArcAngel
level1
level1
Location: are we actually anywhere or is where we're at just a dream or is the dream we're dreaming a dream at

Postby ArcAngel » Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:19 pm

I wonder how similler the interface will be to the original?
Is this the real world, or are you dreaming?                                           MSN me at arcangeljaguar@hotmail.com
bionic sheep
level3
level3

Postby bionic sheep » Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:46 pm

The elusive 'Chris' ventures out for the first time in bloody ages, it seems like . . . ;)
http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/pie.htm Mmmm . . . pie . . .  When come back, bring pie!
Tofu_uplink
level3
level3

Postby Tofu_uplink » Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:27 pm

dark signs is the new thing, its an all console single player gamewith just a graphical hacker meeting place, i and i think i heard him say somewere built in FTP server for trading in-game programs.

And, after the single player comes out it goes DSO!!!!

Darksigns Online Baby!
Tofu - The Sexual Soybean

Return to “General”