Why most people here suck

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Omega Phlux
level3
level3

Postby Omega Phlux » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:39 am

People of the forum, I came here on april 13, 2002.

I had just gotten off of the demo uplink and when I saw a URL for the main IV page, I wrote it down as fast as I could write.

A few tries later and I had the url. I came to the forum in hopes of meeting with people who share a common intrest, Uplink.

I took the suggestion off of my first post to buy the game.

A month or so later I was on top of the world. OmegaDryve had just hit 250 posts and then something strange happened. Someone got into my account, changed the password to something that at the time my ISP's mail service could not read, so it just spit some jargen out like ||2&*}|\>. In a desperate attempt to regain control of my account I copied the password and input it, but it did not work.

So I decided to scrap that account and chage to Talyn.

I didn't like the name after a while so I changed to my current account.

A few weeks later my dad got sick with a staph infection that started in his right knee and moved to his aortic valve. Once the replaced it, the found that he had 2 1/2 L of blood in his lungs and 1L of blood around his heart.

Then when I come back with the good news.

A few enemies later is where we are today.

So I ask you, why? Why am I the target of such segregation? It is because I'm 14? Mozart wrote his first symphony at 5, was he shunned because he was young? No, his ideas were welcome with open arms. Is the reason that every one hates me because I hold different beliefes then the norm? Do you hate me because I am diverse in my thinking and in my logic?

None of these things listed above will I change nor would want to change.

I came here seeking a refuge from the ordinary.

It seems like I have found it.

It is just like I always dreamed of: A place where only the people who have been here for more than a year are welcome. A place where you have to follow the croud or be banned. A place were free speach and free expression are just as easily taken away as you exhailing.

This forum has become one of the most decrepid forums that I have seen. It is not because of one individual, but because of the lack of productiveness of its masses.

I will not quit this forum untill this injustice is fixed. That is why I built the UUASQ. Not to stop free speach, but to take care of the exploits of this forum has.

Some may call me a hypocrite(Nentash), some may shun me(Cod3 R3d Hack3r), but you can never take away my freedom. As long as I am alive I will look after the neophytes, keep the so-called-vets inline, and make sure that this forum stay on topic: How Uplink is a good game and how to make it better.

Sae-la-vie,
Zach "Omega Phlux" Gardner

(Edited by Icepick to make every one think the same at 3:48 am on Aug. 7, 2002)

(Edited by Omega Phlux at 8:54 pm on Aug. 6, 2002)

(Edited by Omega Phlux at 12:30 pm on Aug. 7, 2002)
Only the true hacker can see beyond all of the glamor that comes with hacking  to see why we kneed to knee Mathew Lilliard in the movie "HACKERS" square in the nuts.
Talesin
level4
level4

Postby Talesin » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:53 am

Sounds more like you have a persecution complex coming on.
Not unusual at your age, but you need to realize that most people here are sitting safe and pretty behind a computer screen X thousands of miles away. So long as they don't go into the established stuff that'll get people banned, they can say what they like. And they use that whenever they see something they /don't/ like. Just as I do, when the next script kiddiot wanders on and asks for 'pr0gyz l1k3 d1$'. Take a chill pill, omae. You're getting into the phase where you've started taking life way too seriously. Much less VR 'life', here on the forum boards. Kind of ironic, your sign-off.. 'c'est la voie'. So is life. Completely against the rest of your post.

Hmm... keep the vets in line? Heh... time to go see if I can still hijack a thread and drive it to Mexico! ^_^

-----
FAHO - Foxes Are Highly Overrated
Omega Phlux
level3
level3

Postby Omega Phlux » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:00 am

I do not get mad at people who ask questions, but I get mad at people who answer rethorical questions.

Should I not take my life to seriouly?

I am not persecuting people, I am making a point of what is wrong and vile in this world.

That is another problem with our forum, nothing is done when people steal others passwords.

The name is omega, not omea.

And I like my ending phrase, so Humph!;)

Mexico is only a hour from where I live, lets go and start a new life there. I can be Jose and you can be Jose.
Only the true hacker can see beyond all of the glamor that comes with hacking  to see why we kneed to knee Mathew Lilliard in the movie "HACKERS" square in the nuts.
code red hacker
level3
level3

Postby code red hacker » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:01 am

Omega,

When I first joined all was well, people like Nentash weren't here, as well as a lot of others. People guided people, I think about 5 people have really helped me.

Sibn, Icepick, Jabberwocky, WolfLord, TheOnyx, and Zaptan, [when I needed it]. I haven't pushed you away, and if I made it seem that way in my replied e-mail to you, I'm sorry, I was not in the best mood that day.

I have also had problems with my names, Cod3 r3d hack3r doesn't work, for some ungodly reason.

I've been some tough times these past months, I was susidial, countless times, and I'm not afraid to admit it, I was also flamed by a countless number of people that had the lack of intelligence that a normal homosapain should have.

I give thanks to all the people who have helped me through rough times, and inspired me to help others.

I live my these words:

On my honor I will do my best, to do my duty, to God and my country, and to obey the scout law. To help other people at all times, to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

And my oath is: to be....
Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. I hope EVERYONE would follow in these words....
Omega Phlux
level3
level3

Postby Omega Phlux » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:05 am

I'm an athiest, so the god part dosen't work for me.

Dude, how far away do you live from St. Louis? I was there for a wedding and wanted to see you face-2-face but I didn't think that you wanted 2 see me.

I prefer to call the people with a lack of intelligence that a normal homosapien should have "Quazzis".

Did anyon like my part about Nentash raping virgins? That took me a bit to think of, but it does sound like something that he would say.;)
code red hacker
level3
level3

Postby code red hacker » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:07 am

im also Atheist.

i am about 3 hours from St. Louis, North.
Omega Phlux
level3
level3

Postby Omega Phlux » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:12 am

Damn, oh well. Better luck nextime.

I'm at my grandparents house in KS, but once I get home I will get my cable modem installed!!!;););)

I am so happy that I could danc-

I better stop there.

Athiesm rocks. Go 2 athiest.org or if the url is wrong then just put athiest in on google.com.

Their bone pit has a bunch of funny stuff.

I also like flipping 2 the "god" channels and annotating what they say with what they mean.

Do you have TechTV on basic cable where U live? Because in 'Cali' it is on digital cable. They hade it at the hotel I stayed at, so I was just wondering.

It is good to hear from you again,
Zach "Omega Phlux" Gardner
code red hacker
level3
level3

Postby code red hacker » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:15 am

Sorry, i dont get TechTV have to get DigitalCable....[that wont happen anytime soon]
I would of enjpyed you being here, gets me away from the day to day shit.
HackZombee
level2
level2

Postby HackZombee » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:17 am

damn god, yay atheism.  finally, people who share my views.  'tis a good day in whoville.
"How could you tell? Was it the hairy bosoms growing out of my back?"go play this.  its fun.  
http://www.seethru.co.uk/zine/south_coast/helicopter_game.htm
Omega Phlux
level3
level3

Postby Omega Phlux » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:17 am

I know what you mean.

I get back into school sept 4, so I'm still living it large.

But when I get back in, I'm going to ask this girl out.

Wish me luck...in a couple of weeks.
code red hacker
level3
level3

Postby code red hacker » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:19 am

i have 2 weeks left....

i'll also be going out w/ my same g/f for 1 year on Sept. 21st.

/me wished Omega luck
Talesin
level4
level4

Postby Talesin » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:19 am

No.. a 'persecution complex' is when you feel that the whole world is persecuting *you*. Or at least most of it. My Mom has one, based on the fact she's a woman, any time she gets a bad deal, it's 'guys trying to screw her over again'.

'Omae' is japanese. One of the forms of the word for 'you'. A more polite one would have been 'anata', but it doesn't hold the same tone.

And if your password got stolen, you should mail the forum-admin (at Ikonboard if neccessary) from your registered e-mail account and ask them to change it as it was mangled by something/someone. Most admins are happy to help out. Just have to ask the *right* one.

-----
FAHO - Foxes Are Highly Overrated
Omega Phlux
level3
level3

Postby Omega Phlux » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:22 am

I know that Omae is japanese. I just thought that it was a typo.

I don't feel like the world is aginst me, just the Christians *cough*March Rocha*/cogh*.

And I also didn't like OmegaDryve's name either, so it kinda worked out for the best.
Jabberwocky
level3
level3

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:25 am

The reason Mozart was welcomed was because he had skill.

:D

I try to be the same way I am typing as I am speaking because most of the people I speak to I also type to.

I have one of those, Talesin. But its tied into my paranoia and my gut, and its almost always correct.

(Edited by Jabberwocky at 5:25 am on Aug. 7, 2002)
There is always free cheese in a mousetrap.
Talesin
level4
level4

Postby Talesin » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:25 am

Well, I'm a personal path wiccan. I more find it fun to /mess/ with x-tians (hey, they use it for 'xmas'), Jehovah's Witnesses, and all those annoying people who stand on the street corners in West Hollywood, handing out tracts about the 'evils of homosexuality'.

Which, by the by, are *really* funny to mess with when they're drunk... especially sending a gang of boytoys over to 'talk' to them. ^_^

Return to “General”