Uplink Hacking League!

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

einstein
level5
level5

Postby einstein » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:42 pm

Hello Uplink community, its good ol' einstein here. I have something to tell you, and a request to make of you! Icepick recently (like a couple of days ago) started the Uplink Hacking Leage (or UHL for short)... it is an amazing competition and the first competition to actually test your skill as an Uplink player. Every other contest to date, has generally tested your image making skills... WELL, it turns out there was a very low turnout for the game, either that or too many people counldnt complete the LAN!

Either way, i would request of the community that you all play UHL as it is a great opportunity that icepick has presented us with. It opens up the game uplink, to competing against others (almost multiplayer to an extent!) and so many people arent taking part.

Okay, so now this clearly isnt a plug as you know how much i hate to support Modlink and especially its owner (bah, Icepick - joke btw) but i would like to compete against all the others in the community.

So, in short, Please Play the UHL, its a great game and adds a new competitive edge to Uplink, which i think the game needs to survivie!!!!!!!!

Right, if you wanna take part you can click on the link to modlink before or in my sig and then click on the link in the latest news post! or i think its /uhl.html :)
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:44 pm

Yeah I only got about 13 entries, and it was posted on IV's news so i know ALOT of people knew about it.... :(

/me wonders why he even bothers.
Kromak
level1
level1

Postby Kromak » Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:21 am

I don't think it was like that... I think the reason there were only 13 entries was cause it was very difficult!! I was all night stuck in a clue with no idea how to solve it...

I too think it's an amazing idea, and i'd hate to see it end, for i await my next chance to win it... :)

Good job IcePick! And GPT of course, for the making of the LAN
There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

© 2002 Kromak
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:47 pm

Wow. Nice to see this thread got alot of attention.  Way to remove my doubts guys. Really.
einstein
level5
level5

Postby einstein » Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:04 pm

I know come on ppl, lets get a bit more enthused about the UHL PLZ! oh btw, the overall winner gets a pre-release version of v1.3  </lie to get ppl to play>
Creed
level1
level1

Postby Creed » Sun Jul 28, 2002 5:29 pm

Hey IcePick don't give up on doing another challenge,these things take time and for those like myself who had never hacked a lan before it can be quite daunting. My self though i'm stubbern and just kept going.

I found it more fun and challanging playing against other ppl that the game....

Special thanx to those that made the challange for giving me a right honourable head swell.... Oh yes can't wait till the next ;)
enter room 101 and face your fear
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Jul 28, 2002 5:58 pm

Quote: from Icepick on 12:47 pm on July 28, 2002[br]Wow. Nice to see this thread got alot of attention.  Way to remove my doubts guys. Really.
You just look at how many people have looked at the ANSWERs to it :)
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Gr Moff Matt
level1
level1

Postby Gr Moff Matt » Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:12 pm

What Icepick should do is to make UHL like a a club in which you have a username + a password like a forum. But it will not be a forum. 'twill be a meeting place for fans of the challenges to swap LANs + share tips. A bit LIKE a forum but not a forum. Um i should shut up now...
Gairne, AKA Gr Moff Matt
My Defcon Mods
graius_uplink
level2
level2

Postby graius_uplink » Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:29 pm

hey, calm down, I downloaded the challenge 2 days ago and I'm still trying to beat it!  There are probably more ppl playing than you think, but it is a very hard challenge.

Also, can you please keep this up, it is great fun
If you wish peace of soul and happiness, believe. If you would be a disciple of truth, inquire. -- Nietzche

Dictator of Treithar
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:38 pm

Hmmm, maybe i should let the next challenge run a little longer then? I had a couple of entries this morning but unfortunately they were too late and i couldnt accept them...
Overwatch
level1
level1

Postby Overwatch » Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:53 pm

Yep, I at least could use more time... Then again, I had an attack of RL, and have still not even managed to get past the second isolation bridge - I'm almost sure I know what to do, but getting myself and the PC in working order at the same time is taxing...

Anyway, I tried... :D And I've enjoyed it so far. Even if it is my first crack at a LAN (Learning by doing - a marvellous technique for memory, or a marvellous technique for making a fool of yourself. Opinions, people?)

So, please, don't let it go by the wayside, but spare a thought for those of us still breaking teeth on this positive koan of a test? ;)

Later,
Overwatch.
I'll have one of those, one of those, and Ooohh!! Two of those!!
<Toymeister>
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:40 pm

It would be better to make it run for longer because by the time I had realised it had started (I'm very slow) I think it had already closed!
Nakatomi is coming

Return to “General”