Warez

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

BeowulfNewbie
level0

Postby BeowulfNewbie » Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:14 am

excuse me, but wtf is Warez? i hear ppl exclaiming proudly"I Warezed uplink" or some shit like that?Did they not buy it? Is "Warezing" illegal?Sorry i dont do bad stuff on the computer! LOL :)
I LOVE TO HACK WITH GAMES I DONT REALLY KNOW HOW TO HACK LOL
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:19 am

Warez is basically the term used to describe a piece of software obtained illegally over the internet (ie downloading it from a website or filesharing program)
It is illegal and very much frowned upon around here.
majingray
level2
level2

Postby majingray » Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:52 am

hey i can say for a fact i dont know any one who hasnt use warez before (i dont mean n00b i mean ppl who know about computers) every one i know has used some full verstion of a game or software i for one have used and still do use full version wares i have downloaded almost every think i wanted at the time but only for a good reson

1. i cant aford the software becose thay want a MAD amount for it like say £300 for a small program becose it can be used by bigger componys to make more money
(am i a big compony no i dont use it to make any sort of living)
2. paying for it is a bit hard becose of the type of payments thay want IE creadit card payments if it dont say switch i Cant buy it :)
3. not avalible any where (silly i know but you try to find abadonwares and you will know what im talking about)
4. try befor you buy (most times i download a game or software to test the water so to speak see if the games as good as thay say it is or test to see if the software lives up to its name
5. this is the final one and its NEEDS (this is maybe a bit selfish but if i need a program to run anouther say like quicktime 5 pro i cant buy it cos of exe NO2 but i need it to save the .MOV files from the websites n stuff i could do with it :( sorry Apple)
iceklown_uplink
level0

Postby iceklown_uplink » Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:40 am

beleive it or not, not many companies have a big deal against FREE software, they hate the people that SELL the software to others. So in other words not only is the company losing money, but some jackass who can't program shit is getting THEIR money.

but yeah warez does suck. especially if your a programmer
Chaser
level1
level1

Postby Chaser » Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:46 am

I didn't log in for maybe 2 weeks, and the warez talk still on. Come on dudes let's change the subject for a while, because if you haven't realised, this isn't going to get anywhere! So what is the f$$$$ point  dude?
Even though it would be very nice to borrow (or ?????) peoples cars, woudn't it? you monks !!!
If you mess with the best you die like the rest.
Chaser
majingray
level2
level2

Postby majingray » Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:53 am

yeah thats true really true thats why i grassed up this guy who sold me a dvd thats was coped i took it home thinking it was legit BUT no it was a piss poor copy and it was jap subtitled and this is a shop too he he now there paying a fine all cos i payed £20 for a dvd i thought was the real McCoy
i also walked in to a toys are us to buy Alien Vs Predator a few years ago and he asked me if i wanted a cracked version of that game for a 10er i thought WTF why pay £10 for a copy that would probly be a warez version have no fmv no music and no returns atleast if i buy the real one i can patch it and not have to worry about it not working + online cd codes that work too first time i played half life was a downloaded warez verstion NOW I have the whole seires off the best seller ligit case box instuctions cd code the lot and im happy with that not with the no music warez verstion that didnt have online capablity most games and software i buy i do try first though
DaFerret
level1
level1

Postby DaFerret » Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:55 am

Oh but why stop the warez drama... it's soo.... controversial... o.O;

It is truly a beast of epic proportions... no human alive or dead can stop it... only the "great and powerful Dante, son of the legendary Dark Knight Sparda" can hope to best the hideous, grotesquely monstrous daemon/whore spawn from the ether of Cyberspace... err...

Damn... too much gaming and listening to sub par scripting/acting...
DaFerret
"Sometimes you feel like a nut..."
majingray
level2
level2

Postby majingray » Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:05 am

i hate GRAND THEFT AUTO 3 its the biges title on the ps2 and most of the ps2 owneres are under 18 this is iligal and should be stoped first warez second this game should be band for resons its giving Crime a cool image this could be the reson there are more crimes comitted in the worlld today
(uplink is just as bad but no one gets hurt unless you mess with records n stuff i dont agree with in real life but in the game its to get noticed)
Punisher Bass
level5
level5

Postby Punisher Bass » Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:15 pm

To quote Denis Miller "I don't want to go off on a rant here but..."

I wasn't going to say anything until majingray made his/her last post. There are very few things that piss me off more than some uninformed person saying video games are root of all evil. Most PS2 owners are not below the age of 18, many adults own a PS2. And Grand Theft Auto 3 should not be banned. The game does not "make crime look cool". The game simply gives you the option to do violent things, it is the user who makes the choice to do it or not. If you don't like violent games then don't play them.

The game was given a rating of M for Mature, meaning a person must be 18 to buy/rent the game. If little 12 year old Johny gets the game as a present and plays it does not mean he is going to turn into the newest member of the Trench Coat Maffia.

I am so fucking sick of video games and TV being a scapegoat for over protective socer moms and poloticians. Most kids are smart enough to tell the difference between a game and reality. Parents should take some damn responsobility and stop placing the blame on the media.

But that's just my opinion.
There is no patch for human stupidity.
Miracleasd
level1
level1

Postby Miracleasd » Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:51 pm

Well i blame TV ;)

On Warez. Quite simply warez will always exist. if Microsoft and XP cant even last a week in the public (let alone it being available several weeks beforehand) then no one can stop it. the difference is that 80% of warez isnt the full product. this that or the other ends up removed to cut down on space and in the case of uplink they wont get the spiffy case and cd contents.

On Videogames. NO game should be banned for its content. it is given a rating and it is the job of the parents to decide whether this rating is worth jack (quite simply as a parent would you let a 10 year old watch the texas chainsaw massacre). it is also their job and legal responsibility to make sure their children do not commit criminal acts (such as software piracy).

In short blame the parents. if they make an excuse, blame them even more.
RedDevil085
level3
level3

Postby RedDevil085 » Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:56 pm

BeowulfNewbie: Wow.. You really didn't know what warez are? Beautiful... A pure soul in this pool of misery called the internet :D...
Well, i bet he/she is having his/her first day on the net, so i won't say a thing :D

Oh, and i blame it on music...
The Devil told me to do warez, it was the devil...
Lost about 63 Games/ Lifes Ruined (total): 39/
Current status:31337 :-p/ Asswhoo

Return to “General”