uplink keycode

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

White Rabbit
level1
level1

Postby White Rabbit » Wed Jan 23, 2002 12:09 am

Erm, soz no. It appears I lost it in my last system format. I'll have a look for it on the inet again tho.
"Power corrupts. Absolute power is sort of fun."
monkey
level0

Postby monkey » Wed Jan 23, 2002 12:42 am

yo send  it to me.. sbc_monkey@hotmail.com   heeh tkz :)
Marecki
level0

Postby Marecki » Wed Jan 23, 2002 9:50 pm

Hmph. Perhaps they'd like to see the contents of my /dev/urandom file... In a few hundred copies...

...where is the moderator anyway?
Marecki
A Morally Bankrupt TERMINAL spreading the Revelation
Dexter_uplink
level2
level2

Postby Dexter_uplink » Wed Jan 23, 2002 11:27 pm

I think some of email bombers have those newsletter junks.
A bomber called "KaBoom" (or "Ka-Boom") has such feature but it is old.
I guess Avalanche has it too.
If you know google you should have almoast no trouble finding it.
There is no knowledge that is not power.
Anarchist
level1
level1

Postby Anarchist » Wed Jan 23, 2002 11:35 pm

I still don't understand why people get so fussy when someone sends out the keycodes. Understand this: every pirated copy of Uplink on the internet comes with the keycodes. And anyone who can find a pirated copy of Uplink but can't find the codes for it deserves to be shot. Therefore, Introversion might as well use a picture of their codecard as the background for their website, and it wouldn't affect them one bit.
And, yes, anyone who posts their e-mail adress in this thread is, as someone else said, below the legal IQ limit, and should also be shot.
Government, even in its best form, is still but a neccessery evil; in its worst, an intolerable one.
antiproanti
level1
level1

Postby antiproanti » Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:43 am

bob@aol.com

ha
(i feel sorry for whoever that is...thats the addy i always use for required spam signups and whatnot)
Who needs drugs when you have Winamp Visualizations?
dajerk
level3
level3

Postby dajerk » Fri Jan 25, 2002 3:35 pm

i hope introversion takes legall action against everyone who requested the keycode. i created the user that started this forum just to see how many fucking idiots would actually put their email down and expect some one to giv them the keycode. and by asking for the keycode you all just admitted to having a pirated version of the game, and can be subject to legall action, if uplink chooses to press charges.
#501 to join the forums(under this name), #1795 under the name of Prozak
BlackIce
level0

Postby BlackIce » Fri Jan 25, 2002 11:28 pm

All you people who asked for that keycode are morons, you put your e-mail adress down in a forum run by the company who your stealing from. That itself is as stupid as running into a bank, stealing a load of cash, then comming back in five minutes with it and trying to deposit it in your own account.
Furthermore, for those of you who use AOL, get a new ISP, as AOL is the gayest of all services, and the CEO should be shot along with all of you.
That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear.
Solace
level0

Postby Solace » Sat Jan 26, 2002 12:37 am

I hate to be the one that actually looks bad by disagreeing here but ummm...

Asking for a key code product..be it for Uplink or Microsoft or any other copyright software is not illeagal in any way.  If you have a copy of the software in questions then yes, THAT is illeagal, however, simply having the key that unlocks said software is not a crime.

You can request, send, recieve the validation code for any product.  There is no law saying that is illeagal.  The law states it is illeagal to possess a copy of software that must be purchased legally.

I agree, those who asked for the key are probably pirates but simply possessing the validation key or even asking for it is not a crime nor is sending/recieving such a key code.  I'm afraid if Introversion wanted to sue these people it would cost a large amount of money and without proof they even have a copy of the game itself it would be useless.  IPs can be spoofed and even if they are the real IPs, unless you have proof that they are distributing copies of the ACTUAL game then there is little that can be done.

I think I have some knowledge in this as I work for a major ISP and we deal with this on a daily basis.  I'm sorry...key is one thing, software is another.  There is no case here.
White Rabbit
level1
level1

Postby White Rabbit » Sat Jan 26, 2002 4:07 am

Yeah some of these laws are stupid.

Dunno about other places but over here in the UK it's perfectly legal to make, buy, sell, etc. survailance equipment. It only becomes illegal if you actually turn the stuff on. :confused:
"Power corrupts. Absolute power is sort of fun."
Leviathan
level0

Postby Leviathan » Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:48 am

Piracy?  Hah.  Here's my version of piracy.  I get the game my way and play it.  If it's good, I buy it, thus supporting the company who has done good work.  If I don't, I delete it.  It's that easy.  A game by demo or 'screenshots' cannot verify its quality always.

Of course, according to law, I can try it on a cracked copy for one day before I have to destroy the data, physical and intellectual.  And that little thing clicking Agree or Do Not Agree is not enough.  I can click agree, yet not read the statements of agreeance, which counteracts everything else.

My view on this particular game?  Don't give out keys, and don't give out free copies.  Why?  This is the first game I've played that I liked the demo enough to convince myself to purchase it.  That and it only costs 25 American dollars.  Piracy will cause that price to raise.  Why do you think Microsoft can get away with charging so much?  Falsifying piracy accounts.  Enough of it goes on, and everyone knows it does, that they can charge whatever they want.  That and social brainwashing, but that's a whole other story.
Leviathan
aribos
level0

Postby aribos » Mon Jan 28, 2002 2:49 am

deadman_2000@talk21.com

Plz send me the key code as i didnt recive a code card
Chad Mulligan
level2
level2

Postby Chad Mulligan » Mon Jan 28, 2002 3:19 am

The law most definitely does not give you 24 hours of time; that's a fiction created by the w4r3z community, just as "abandonware" is also completely a legal fiction, as copyrights do not become invalidated under disuse or even lack of vigorous defense.  Go ask a copyright lawyer if you want to verify, or simply search the US Code regarding copyright.

Oh, and distributing or requesting the keycard is probably a violation of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, as the code check could be considered an authorized technological access protection method under that statute, and circumvention of it or distribution of such tools is a violation with very few exceptions (mostly regarding reverse engineering for the purposes of backwards compatibility).
"I tell you three times..."
System Failure
level0

Postby System Failure » Mon Jan 28, 2002 5:55 am

i think the small gift that we (holders of the keycard) recieve is actually playing the game legally...
Jabberwocky
level3
level3

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Jan 28, 2002 6:04 am

I suppose i could just trace all the e-mail I see here...

Well why the hell not. Hang one.
There is always free cheese in a mousetrap.

Return to “General”