When will it Arrive?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Guardian Mike
level1
level1

Postby Guardian Mike » Sun Nov 11, 2001 9:07 pm

When will the game arrive if i send a letter with the money on monday?
I live in the Northen Sweden, and im addicted to the Demo, so i hope the full game will arrive fast.

I also sent 2 pounds more than required, so mabe it would be made a higher priority? One can always hope...

Anyone have any idea of the day? Before Friday? Later, Earlier?
Ravenshadow
level2
level2

Postby Ravenshadow » Sun Nov 11, 2001 10:04 pm

There really isn't any way to make it a 'higher priority' since as soon as they have posted it (which I am sure they do ASAP when they get the order) it is out of their hands and into the hands of the people who do the postal services.

Myself, I would hope to see things getting to people within a week, or at the most within two weeks. Of course, that all depends on the state of the post services. When I ordered mine, it was just over a week, and I don't live too far from where they are sending the post from *grins* Though I know that other people further away got it quicker than I did.

Pacience :) It is worth it when it does come through :)
~ They can not catch us all ...
Guardian Mike
level1
level1

Postby Guardian Mike » Sun Nov 11, 2001 10:08 pm

Yea, but im getting tired of the demo.
I tried to play it as long as possible by the abaddon button on missions, but when you have played it for 16 hours/day for 3 days without restarting, you get tired, there comes nothing new or challanging anymore...
Ravenshadow
level2
level2

Postby Ravenshadow » Sun Nov 11, 2001 10:20 pm

*shrugs* well, you can not rush the postal services you know. I played the demo for much longer than that *shrug*
~ They can not catch us all ...
Guardian Mike
level1
level1

Postby Guardian Mike » Sun Nov 11, 2001 10:31 pm

Heh, go into the postal office with a minigun...
Auggie Doggie
level0

Postby Auggie Doggie » Mon Nov 12, 2001 12:58 am

That minigun remark wasn't very good. Since, here in the USA that happens. You could of used a better analogy. Like threatening to us anthrax on the postal workers :sad:
I do whatever the voices in my head tell me to do...
Astromarine
level2
level2

Postby Astromarine » Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:25 pm

oh, come on. This is by no means a flame post, since I respect your right to be offended by any remark. But worse has been said, and people neem to realize that in a medium as diverse as the Internet, if you go around cutting all remarks that could possibly offend even one person in the universe of possible audiences (meaning, one in the entire world) you would get very little communication indeed. Would you, as an american, also stop me from saying any comment about drinking some wine, because that is a really bad offense to Muslims in Afganistan?

I really mean nothing by this post, but while I appreciate that civility is necessary in a public forum, I also appreciate the fact that here, in a forum as small as this one, every member is at least relatively well known to every other member, so we can (and should) have a little bit more freedom to speak our minds without fear of getting "censored" - even if it is light "censorship" like you tried with this remark.
I have seen several "jokes" arrive in my mailbox about afghanistan being renamed "lake america" after massive bombing, and several other "funny" stuff about destroying a whole country. But if I make a little remark about anthrax you find it objectionable? people laugh at what they do not feel. I know half the Brazilian population knows at least 1000 jokes about portuguese people, and I have to hear at least 3 daily at work. I do not find that offensive, because I also know 1000 jokes about brazilians. You probably laughed about at least *some* of the Afghan jokes, so you really should NOT be offended about remarks that hit home. Nobody else is, and you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
Auggie Doggie
level0

Postby Auggie Doggie » Mon Nov 12, 2001 5:34 pm

:o Astromarine, I'm sorry it came off as a flame. I didn't mean it to. I can laugh at that kind of remark. I was in a post office when a worker flipped out and started to shoot people. I was one of those people shoot. The way I learned to deal with the trauma was to laugh at postal jokes.

I just thought a better analogy at this time was to use an anthrax analogy.
I do whatever the voices in my head tell me to do...
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Mon Nov 12, 2001 6:13 pm

As long as people dont take jokes like that seriously, i dont see anything wrong with them, they are just that jokes.
In the end, the world is full of crap, and the only way to get through it is to joke about it.
Guardian Mike
level1
level1

Postby Guardian Mike » Mon Nov 12, 2001 10:11 pm

Yea, sometimes thats the only way...
i would know better than most, thats why i spend more time with my computor, then i do with sentinent life-forms.
At least the computor likes my jokes, while people just stare at me, not understanding...
KevinOwen
level0

Postby KevinOwen » Mon Nov 12, 2001 10:31 pm

Quote: from Guardian Mike on 1:11 pm on Nov. 12, 2001
At least the computor likes my jokes, while people just stare at me, not understanding...

Yeah, stupid people. Why can't they be more like computers?

(Edited by KevinOwen at 1:34 pm on Nov. 12, 2001)
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:02 am

heh, my computer just plain ignores me, never does what i tell it too (damn voice recognition software)
Guardian Mike
level1
level1

Postby Guardian Mike » Tue Nov 13, 2001 11:03 pm

Thats better than it understanding, and then acting like a teenager, right?
And it dont stare at you wondering if your crazy.

(Edited by Guardian Mike at 11:06 pm on Nov. 13, 2001)

Return to “General”