Cheats

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Janus_uplink
level1
level1

Postby Janus_uplink » Fri Nov 02, 2001 9:14 pm

Yes, I found the cheat info in the game. Now to figure out how to activate it.

So we're fucking wankers, eh? :)
ph34r.
A
level1
level1

Postby A » Fri Nov 02, 2001 9:37 pm

i agree with chris, you are a wanker if you cheat and you should be shot.
I'm A, but you can call me A
Grade 6 - Elite
Sociopathic... and stuck
Janus_uplink
level1
level1

Postby Janus_uplink » Fri Nov 02, 2001 9:52 pm

heh :)
ph34r.
SomPo
level0

Postby SomPo » Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:00 pm

Cheats are for lamers... If you can't even manage to play the game without cheats, then you shouldn't be playing at all.. Find another game or something....
optyk
level0

Postby optyk » Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:14 pm

"Cheats are for lamers... If you can't even manage to play the game without cheats, then you shouldn't be playing at all.. Find another game or something...."

ummm, I would tend to disagree with your l33t hax0ring arse and agree with all these game developers that PRE CODE CHEATS INTO THEIR GAMES, then display a cheat page on their OFFICAL SITE. and STILL tend to make mucho money off the game. Dont be an idiot, cheats are a part of the games nowadays. Dont like'em? then dont reply/respond to anything on that topic. and what about the people that truely try and play the game but just cant manage to beat something or acomplish something? So they are wrong for cheating to help them out and they should move on to a different game? Like what? Crayolas Digital Coloring Books? Get a clue dood, not everyone is l33t as the hax0rz here seem to be. but oh well, too bad for them, sorry, you cant play this game, your not l33t enough, move on please.
megamold
level0

Postby megamold » Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:26 pm

i qoute a prof:cheating is used by the smaller children in videagames cause they cant or wont accept the fact of dieing in their games ;end quote
Kadarom Douhrek
level2
level2

Postby Kadarom Douhrek » Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:52 pm

I completely disagree with all those saying cheats are just a crutched for the handicapped.
Yes, some use them occasionaly to smooth their way past extremely rough spots.

I, and many others, upon completing the game start over, using the cheats to alter play style.
Or to just have fun and let off steam.

So whine all you want, I don't care.
And I'm pretty sure Chris included the comment about being a fucking wanker as a joke.

He did include the cheats in the first place.
A
level1
level1

Postby A » Fri Nov 02, 2001 11:28 pm

optyk, you must be a fucking retard. you think that companies add cheats as some part of the game? which asylum do you belong to ? maybe they just put them in so homosexuals like you won't need to create some spastic trainer/crack, and so claim you're some l33t shithead, even though you can't play the game for toffee. or maybe it's for game reviewers who don't have the god damn time to attempt something hard a number of times and just explore some levels for gameplay. if you can cheat at a game, why fucking play it?? you really are the thickest individual on the planet. i even rate igor above you.
Grade 6 - Elite
Sociopathic... and stuck
BrandonP
level0

Postby BrandonP » Fri Nov 02, 2001 11:54 pm

Looks like A forgot to take his medicine...

And yes, the companies DO include cheats so that the end-user can enjoy them, at least some of the time. (The alternative being debug codes that the programmers were too lazy to remove.) SOME PEOPLE, upon completing the game, LIKE TO CHEAT in order to HAVE FUN. Yes, there will always be the occasional wanker who cheats his way through -- but he's only cheating himself by shortening the game's appeal.

Lay off. I mean goddamn.
A
level1
level1

Postby A » Sat Nov 03, 2001 12:17 am

ok ok, yeah sure after you complete the game it's fun to fool around. but the fun is very short because basically there is no challenge. done it on a few games, could've lived without it though.
Grade 6 - Elite
Sociopathic... and stuck
Janus_uplink
level1
level1

Postby Janus_uplink » Sat Nov 03, 2001 12:23 am

Heh, I don't cheat at uplink :) I just found that in the game and thought it was funny :) 'Wanker'. lol.
ph34r.
Troma
level1
level1

Postby Troma » Sat Nov 03, 2001 1:37 am

Cheats first started being included in console games (as far as I know) to generate more sales by being able to market a magazine or book describing them in detail.  some of their books are just as expensive as the games.  I know this is true for the NES because nintendo would release books about the current games every year or so..  cheating also helps to ruin the games and not quench the thirst for gaming so people would buy more and more games, or rent them.  either way, it hyped it up.  the first real cheats were there for debugging the game and somewhere along the line became marketable.  There was even a tv show that nintendo made that showed exploits.  they also released game genie that used memory hacks at certain addresses to "enhance" the gameplay.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sat Nov 03, 2001 1:41 am

i dont have a problem with cheats in games, if people want to cheat their way through games, then they have just wasted the money they paid for the game, and I, like many others here, some times like to fool around with the cheats when ive finished the game.
And A, of course game companies put cheats in, you dont really think its coincidence that cheats like the Duke Nukem 3d All Stuff cheat just happens to be DNSTUFF do you???
A
level1
level1

Postby A » Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:28 am

yeah, i know. what i meant was that the company didn't intend it to be part of the game - i.e. in the instruction manual it says after you complete level 1 to press these buttons for a level select blah blah blah.

i remember those damn books that came out for the early console machines - probably still do, haven't looked. i agree with Troma though. to me, cheating on any game is like cheating at chess - you know you didn't win. i guess i should be less aggressive voicing my opinion.
Grade 6 - Elite
Sociopathic... and stuck
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:30 am

i agree totally, i dont cheat at a game at all until i have fniished it all the way through by my self.
But when ive done that and i get bored, i see if there are any good cheats and have some fun :)

Return to “General”