Still using demo?

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

DariuZ
level0

Postby DariuZ » Thu Nov 01, 2001 8:37 pm

If you`re still using the demo version of Uplink or just stopped playing it cause your carrér as a hacker are stopped by the restrictions of which gateways you may buy.

Well for these poor guys out there i made a little crack so that you may buy all the gateways. I`m gonna try to remove the rating limit also, but that might take a while longer cause i haven`t got much time to do this... well hack along..    

(Edited by DariuZ at 8:39 pm on Nov. 1, 2001)
A
level1
level1

Postby A » Thu Nov 01, 2001 10:29 pm

yeah lets make the game a little easier.... crack here... crack there.... wham!...bam!...thank-you mam! unlimited money, best gateways/hardware, all software,  undefeatable, level selector, step-by-step guide how to do each mission and wipe your ass.... hmm what else.... i'm sure we can really make this game easier somehow.... just so that all i have to do is click a big red button and i'm automatically injected to the end with top everything and all missions complete. yeah, sounds great. i know your crack isn't anything like that, but it's getting there.
I'm A, but you can call me A
Grade 6 - Elite
Sociopathic... and stuck
Robert
level2
level2

Postby Robert » Thu Nov 01, 2001 10:31 pm

<sarcasm> How about a crack that disables active and passive traces </sarcasm>
Forsaken Sedai
level0

Postby Forsaken Sedai » Fri Nov 02, 2001 12:38 am

That'd be cool, hop to it! :-D
"You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."-Lan Mandragoran
--Wheel of Time
Troma
level1
level1

Postby Troma » Fri Nov 02, 2001 1:42 am

The lead designer has specifically said that he will not stand for hacking the executable and if you post it, he will probably ban you for life and delete the thread.
Devnull
level0

Postby Devnull » Fri Nov 02, 2001 2:02 am

Im sure this violates the EULA and would be illegal.
Zbaco_uplink
level0

Postby Zbaco_uplink » Fri Nov 02, 2001 2:26 am

It's fairly easy to get a nice gateway using Redshirt.exe.  All you have to do is edit a few of the files.  No exe hacking needed at all.
Also known as 'ZachB'
Troma
level1
level1

Postby Troma » Fri Nov 02, 2001 3:50 am

Messing around with the player files isn't a big deal.  It does ruin the game however.
Hacking the exe in order to play the demo still doesn't let you do much else anyhow, most of the story is included in the full version only.
DariuZ
level0

Postby DariuZ » Fri Nov 02, 2001 11:02 am

haha... alot of stupid answears there...

try to read my post and understand what i meant and then maybe you stupid ***** would c ..

First did you even read the topic and the description.. i guess not-..   It says if your still using the demo then read ... and if you don`t the dont even bother... capish

and second.. [quote: A] unlimited money, best gateways/hardware, all software,  undefeatable, level selector   ..... well lets c here.. did i say anything about unlimited anything .. nah dont think so... i have just made it possible to buy all of the gateways... you still have to pay the price.

[quote: Troma] The lead designer has specifically said that he will not stand for hacking the executable and if you post it, he will probably ban you for life and delete the thread

[quote: Devnull ] Im sure this violates the EULA and would be illegal.

mm ok... let´s c... This is the demo that i have made this for if you haven`t got that part.  And the crack is for anyone  that still uses the demo but wants to be able to do some more neat stuff. And that is what i said in the first post....
still people can`t seem to understand... if you don`t like it then just don`t give a shit.

And all of you people that has replied to this topic sofar...  come on... atleast think of something smart to say ... don`t just post cause you want a higher ranking or what the heck it`s all about

/DariuZ
----------------------------
Don`t even bother to reply if you haven`t got anything thats atleast worth to say.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Fri Nov 02, 2001 11:40 am

well i AM still using the demo cus my full version hasnt arrived yet.
For a start im pretty sure that it is illegal, the whole point of the demo is so you can only see what the game is like, not have every single thing availible to you, and personally i think it was rather foolish to announce that you are doing it on a public forum.

Also your attitude is terrible and personally i think that you should be banned from this forum.
A
level1
level1

Postby A » Fri Nov 02, 2001 11:43 am

Quote 'A': " i know your crack isn't anything like that, but it's getting there. "

READ THE FUCKING LAST SENTENCE.

i'm just against people like you who rearrange stuff "for the good of the people" - like you're just so nice. are you too cheap to just buy the game? besides, i think it's god damn rude to offer a crack on the website of the company. you have no respect at all. what makes me laugh the most is you trying to defend yourself and claiming that everyone else is wrong and you are right..... second sign of madness...
I'm A, but you can call me A
Grade 6 - Elite
Sociopathic... and stuck
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Fri Nov 02, 2001 11:44 am

i thought the second sign of madness was having hairs on the palms of you hands.... ;)
Jnuahs
level0

Postby Jnuahs » Fri Nov 02, 2001 3:39 pm

I happen to like the idea of this (though I may not agree with it ethically). I would like to keep playing this game past the demo stage, so I ordered the game a few days ago (shortly after I started to play it). However, since the game may take as much as a month to get here, I would like to have SOMETHING to do with the game in the meantime rather than not play it for a month and loose interest in it.
Forsaken Sedai
level0

Postby Forsaken Sedai » Fri Nov 02, 2001 4:22 pm

Why is everyone's solution always to ban people?
"You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways."-Lan Mandragoran
--Wheel of Time
JackJohnson
level0

Postby JackJohnson » Fri Nov 02, 2001 4:54 pm

I'll slap all your fat faces with my cisco router.. STFU STFU STFU especially Icedick and his fucking arabic keyboard

*edit*

You are all my bitches and if this game ever went multiplayer you would all suck fat arab dicks

(Edited by JackJohnson at 7:57 am on Nov. 2, 2001)
you fucking fat piece of shit

Return to “General”