AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

BlinderBomber
level0

Postby BlinderBomber » Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:38 pm

Well, i've been playing my way through the game merrily.  I've hacked a few banks and right now have a 'mage' ranking.  However, I just realized that email I was sent a while ago about the guy being dead (i think it was a plot email), is missing! Is there any way to get the plot back on track?
TheVirus_uplink
level0

Postby TheVirus_uplink » Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:44 pm

thats what i would like to know, i wanna start the damn plot missions, but i dunno how ! im a rankin of elite, and the email he sent me was deleted too.
static
level0

Postby static » Fri Oct 26, 2001 12:20 am

*LIGHT spoilers contained ahead, not major spoilers, I tried to keep it as less detailed as possible, while still conveying the theme of the plot'

The first email is pretty useless actually. It gives you a bogus password and some stuff.

user; (normally) Maniak
pass; (normally) MySocratesNote
I *think* it changes per email, but the login/pass is useless. If you want to get the plot on track, know this.

ARC just murdered an agent for stealing a copy of Revelation, that agent is the one who sent the email - the email was a 'failsafe' of his, sent to send after 7 days automatically, if he did not shut it off. Revelation is a bigass deal, and that it's bigass trouble for you. I wouldn't recommend working with ARC, as they couldn't give less a damn whether you live or die - as long as you spread their 'Revelation' - that is, *if* you work for them.

Best bet; keep what they send you, if they send you anything - read over it carefully, and if you don't like the idea behind their reasoning - don't do whatever they want you to do. It's pretty much that simple.

If you want to cause some internal havok, you may want to play into their game just a tad bit, and when you get something important, you turn around and hope Arunmor, ARC's public enemy #1, comes to attention. Normally, they are spying on ARC day and night, because they know that ARC is up to something.

Arunmor will assist in producing 'Faith', a 'Counter-Revelation' virus. All you have to do is help them, and once ARC is gone, there is no more threat to your life.
BlinderBomber
level0

Postby BlinderBomber » Fri Oct 26, 2001 12:32 am

ok.... just they haven't sent me any emails....  should i just go hack ARC?? I have their central server... i could hack them and steal the revalation virus.
static
level0

Postby static » Fri Oct 26, 2001 12:33 am

The revelation virus isn't on their server through even the admin account. The only way to get it is through their emails. If they haven't sent you anything yet, keep taking jobs at the uplink BBS, and wait for them. They'll get word of your notority.
BlinderBomber
level0

Postby BlinderBomber » Fri Oct 26, 2001 12:52 am

The only email i got was the one about if you get this i am already dead...  I have taken plenty of jobs... weird. Do you think I could send them an email??

(Edited by BlinderBomber at 12:54 am on Oct. 26, 2001)
Apa
level0

Postby Apa » Fri Oct 26, 2001 12:53 am

or you simply hack the bastards, and do not cover up the tracks, and thus, behold, an email from arc...

you hack them => they give you virus if you agree to work for them
Jag äter småbarn!
BlinderBomber
level0

Postby BlinderBomber » Fri Oct 26, 2001 1:48 am

i tried hacking them and creating a pretty easy route.... I hacked the main server ( i forget what it's called, but the one u need the voice scan, pword, and decrypter for).... they arrested me and ended my game.  So obviously hacking them doesn't work!!! HELP!!!
static
level0

Postby static » Fri Oct 26, 2001 1:57 am

Apa; rank 'Registered'
Not exactly the best idea to take advice from newbies.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Fri Oct 26, 2001 1:59 am

thats not EXACTLY fair, you and me were like them once ;) , but still, your right, i wouldnt take advice from someone with a rank of registered when there are so many veterans floating about the place

Return to “General”