some more ideas

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

mahldcat
level1
level1

Postby mahldcat » Fri Aug 24, 2001 6:06 am

OK just something that I thought would make for a more interesting game--someone mentioned that you could go sleazy in this game if you get a criminal record....do nasty things like frame people...make 'em go to prison....why not go the other way around as well----where you can go "white hat" where you basically end up running the security for a machine...try and break in, and then submit the report to the given company....which would in turn make 'em more secure
to others....

The rest of my ideas are centered around if there was going to be an online playable element involved...

Idea 2 (this would be VERY cool)...where you would go to work for the FBI---tracking down other hackers, and busting them =)....sure to make you VERY popular (if found out).......

Idea 3 (part of idea 2)....where you can also "smear" other online players--give 'em nasty records and what not...."hey whats this--I just got charged with this crime?!?!?" I have a RECORD?!?! (all of a suddent =P)

Idea 4 Trading between other players and team hacking--one player takes care of one part of the security (runs interference) while the other hacker makes off with the goods?

....just my 2 cents =)

(BTW either way I can't wait for the full version of this game)
WindDrake
level0

Postby WindDrake » Sat Aug 25, 2001 6:33 am

Aww heck yeah dude, that sounds awesome, smearing other guys would rock.
darkkain
level0

Postby darkkain » Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:30 am

most of your ideas i already did
eg idead 2 and 3 ive done
i went to the arc publi server and took down the ppls names
hacked into the criminal database
put a record on them and authorised an arrest

i found 3 top10 hackers doing this :)
god is just a hacker who just got r00t to the universe
darkkain
level0

Postby darkkain » Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:35 am

i really like your white hat idea though

mm maybe you should be able to do defaces ments and spying on ppl's hotmail and outlook express and stuff when you start off

and start the hardcore hacking a little later
god is just a hacker who just got r00t to the universe
mahldcat
level1
level1

Postby mahldcat » Mon Aug 27, 2001 5:17 am

Some more ideas

OK I have a slew of ideas most of 'em online stuff

First thing--if there is a method to connect online via something like Battle.net or a similar setup........

-- when you connect to the online version, when you hack a bank, social security, etc....it would query an online dbase.....and grab current information off the servers...I know that there are the internal mission people you have set up......but also have the accounts and other goodies that other hackers have created as well....this would add an element of danger to the game as well--if you could query the dbase and grab that other account with $200,000.00 in it that some other (real time person) had just been able to hack and data transfer--or even better----they have earned it via a legit mission.....

same thing would go for the social security dbases etc

if you successfully commit then it would change that data..

as for the criminal database--this would allow for some cool interaction between real live players---you don't really like JPNEMONIC2K the user...hack the Fed Dbase and slap half a dozen warrants on him......

you want to help a newbie out--create a bank account for him/her and then give her the account number---becuase this is grabs the data real time---they could access it and transfer the money......

NEW IDEA---are you guys gonna also be coding a mission builder/campaign builder?

This would be kind of a neat idea--would probably lead to some interesting campaigns...(not to mention it would also extend the life of the game even further)...

Return to “General”