Test Game

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

darkkain
level0

Postby darkkain » Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:32 am

on the test game i accidently deleted the file i was suposed to copy and just because of that mistake you cant play the game anymore, there shuld be away to "redo" it like you can when you get traced

i think everything should return to normal when you log out
god is just a hacker who just got r00t to the universe
Szisser
level1
level1

Postby Szisser » Fri Aug 10, 2001 10:07 am

... and whoof! imagen a game, you seem to to funny things that look like hacking, imagine clicking on file delete...
a window pops up "You just hit delete! Ok? Cancel?" you click "Ok"... you select a file, a window pops up "Shure to delete this File? Ok? Cancel?" you click "Ok"... a window pos up "File is write protected! Continue? Cancel?" you click "Continue" a window pops up... a nifty little animation of a file, blindfolded, hands tied, standing in front of a firirng squad... a window pops up "File moved to Trashcan! Ok" you click "Ok"... you open the trashcan, you select the file, you choose to finally delete. a window pops up "File will be permanently destroyed! Ok? Cancel?" you click "Ok" a window pops up "File is write protected! Continue? Cancel?" ... you click "Uninstall"....
you get the idea ;-)
no, serious, the game is about being able to act fast and precise with your mouse, to be able to choose your actions wisely, to be able to cope with time pressure, a false click, a forgotten log entry, a false step, and you're out. that's the spirit of the game!!!
and yes, it does not take THAT much time to to start the testmission all over, does it?
szisser
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Chris » Fri Aug 10, 2001 8:47 pm

I couldn't have put it better myself.

At one point I had plans to expand the email system into another status window, like the finance screen or memory banks screen.  It was going to look like Outlook Express basically - your old emails would appear in a list, archived for future reference.

This might show up in a future patch / bonus disk.
Szisser
level1
level1

Postby Szisser » Sun Aug 12, 2001 8:08 pm

oh please oh please, if you gonna do this, make it possible to post real emails for the online version? yes? please?
;-)
GnuVince
level1
level1

Postby GnuVince » Mon Aug 13, 2001 3:08 am

Outlook Express?  Ewww.... couldn't it be more like mutt?

Return to “General”