Onlink 2.5 or 2.6

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Jack Jones
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:06 pm

Onlink 2.5 or 2.6

Postby Jack Jones » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:11 pm

Hello my name is Jack Jones

I have been looking for the latest onlink mod, I got my hands on the 2.0-a7 version but I can not find the 2.5 or 2.6 versions anywhere. If any of you have it or the link to it I would very much appreciate it.

PS: On the side note do any off you know how to mod Uplink or know some good guide where I could learn that?

Thank you and have a great day

JJ
User avatar
SomeHacker
level1
level1
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:50 pm
Location: Ukraine

Re: Onlink 2.5 or 2.6

Postby SomeHacker » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:17 am

Onlink 0.2.5: Windows, GNU/Linux
Onlink 0.2.6-b2: Windows, GNU/Linux

The first link is from Ferrous Moon Forums, the second one is from Uplink Corporation Discord guild.

As for the modding, I'm not aware of any good guides. There are developer wiki and forum here (behind a paywall), but the wiki only contains a few patches and SVN usage manual (and a few almost useless pages), and the forum is dead I think. Also the code becomes difficult to build on newer systems, requiring unofficial patches.
Jack Jones
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: Onlink 2.5 or 2.6

Postby Jack Jones » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:38 am

SomeHacker wrote:Onlink 0.2.5: Windows, GNU/Linux
Onlink 0.2.6-b2: Windows, GNU/Linux

The first link is from Ferrous Moon Forums, the second one is from Uplink Corporation Discord guild.

As for the modding, I'm not aware of any good guides. There are developer wiki and forum here (behind a paywall), but the wiki only contains a few patches and SVN usage manual (and a few almost useless pages), and the forum is dead I think. Also the code becomes difficult to build on newer systems, requiring unofficial patches.


Thank you :). And in your opinion do you think that playing and coding it in a emulator would help or not?
User avatar
SomeHacker
level1
level1
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:50 pm
Location: Ukraine

Re: Onlink 2.5 or 2.6

Postby SomeHacker » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:26 pm

Jack Jones wrote:Thank you :). And in your opinion do you think that playing and coding it in a emulator would help or not?


If you mean using a virtual machine with older software versions (but I guess a 32-bit operating system with older compiler is enough) to build it, it should help.
Jack Jones
level0
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: Onlink 2.5 or 2.6

Postby Jack Jones » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:25 pm

SomeHacker wrote:
Jack Jones wrote:Thank you :). And in your opinion do you think that playing and coding it in a emulator would help or not?


If you mean using a virtual machine with older software versions (but I guess a 32-bit operating system with older compiler is enough) to build it, it should help.


Thank you will give it a go and see if anything comes from it.
alexssimolss
level0
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:48 pm

Re: Onlink 2.5 or 2.6

Postby alexssimolss » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:49 pm

It seems i have already tried hundreds of games. But still, my favorite entertainment is casino games. They bring me incredible excitement and fun. Of course, if you want to win, the easiest way is to make a deposit. But if you want to avoid financial risks, start with a bonus. There are many sites that offer such promotions - https://no-deposit-bonus.pl/kasyna-online/betchan/.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests