Web Design

Anything and Everything about Uplink

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris, Icepick, Rkiver

Prometheous01
level1
level1

Postby Prometheous01 » Thu May 01, 2003 1:02 pm

I've just been browzing the internet for web designes, flash and html, that I could to create a web site.

Then I thought of Uplink, and decided to ask you all: do you know any good web sites that have flash and html web site design downloads, if you do can you post a link to them.

Much Obliged

P   :D
People look at the world and ask Why? I look at the world and ask Why Not?
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Thu May 01, 2003 1:20 pm

Why go with presets if you can make them yourself?

If you think Flash is too complicated, go with Swish!

URL here:
http://swishzone.com/

Like Flash, just simpler and with less functions, but does tend to make nifty animations and menus.

Of course, you can also make a "techie" website with just plain HTML. Check the binary link in my sig for an example :biggrin: (yes, I know, I need to update it soon.)
BeC
level2
level2

Postby BeC » Thu May 01, 2003 1:22 pm

I've used Swish a bit, and I find it really easy. Much easier than Flash...
It's really simple to create flash animations, intros, menus...

Highly recommended
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers..."
- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM 1943
My second home: http://www.sebastian.laxell.com
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Thu May 01, 2003 1:24 pm

...but, as said, also limited.

The full version is quite expensive, but there IS a free trial version of an older Swish product.

I'll jus say one thing....

The Big K.
EdeNDarK
level1
level1

Postby EdeNDarK » Fri May 02, 2003 12:37 am

Heh, if your gonna use K..azaa, or something alike, i would recommend downloading Photoshop 6.0 to make cool graphics, with some plugins everyone can create eye-candish graphics, very proffesional ones ;)
And for the html, you could just use notepad or get the coffee-cup html editor...really cool editor.
Btw, bec i never thought you were here o.o Chief of the reporters heh
sir hackalot
level3
level3

Postby sir hackalot » Fri May 02, 2003 5:30 am

why not just make it yourself. That way your not limited to what certain programs can do. yes it is hardmaking a site without all those automated functions and little gadgety rpograms you can downlaod for  a ffiteen day trial but then you must pay soemthing like thirty quid for but tis well worth it. Im maing my site right now with Kate(BSD), SELIDA and MSPAINT. Thats all you need.

[EDIT] If you need any help jsut ask, a lot of people enjoy doing this as a hobby and will be more than happy to help you out, including me[/EDIT]

(Edited by sir hackalot at 5:32 am on May 2, 2003)
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Fri May 02, 2003 12:05 pm

HTML is written in Notepad PERIOD ^^

Write the HTNL in the .txt file and rename it to .htm or .html

Tadaah!

If you want instant look-and-see results, use Frontpage. Nifty for that.
GreenLeaf
level3
level3

Postby GreenLeaf » Fri May 02, 2003 12:49 pm

I love Flash, once you get the hang of it, its really nice to use, its kinda similar to using some graphic packages with layers etc...

you could try doing something in javascript, js is extremely useful and you can just about anything in it, much better than straight forward html, Like starfyre said html can be coded in a .txt file then saved as a html file, so to can JS.

You could take a look at PHP, similar to JS in many ways

Unfortunatly I think frontpage designed websites all looks the same, but if you can create your own graphics to install, work on the html instead of the drag and drop style frontpage offers it gets better effects, one other problem with front page is it need frontpage extension to be active on the site your uploading to, I don't think compnaies like NTL, BT etc.. support extensions, so you might need to get a third party hit counter or create your own.

Remember designing a site can take some people a day, designing a good site takes people alot longer, and your can earn a hell of a lot of money doing it, I say take your time on the site, try and make it look really i33t, if you wanna add a forum to it, I would recommend PHPbb, its clean, easy and there are loads of mods for it.

P.S. if your gonna program a flash (splash page) intro to a site, have small things load up first, little bits at a time, rather than a hugh great thing that take 30 seconds to load, small things happening on the screen keep people interested so they should stick around and watch your hours of labour.
Ummm.....
Darkshine
level5
level5

Postby Darkshine » Fri May 02, 2003 1:32 pm

Last edited by Darkshine on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLeaf
level3
level3

Postby GreenLeaf » Fri May 02, 2003 1:42 pm

MS studio
Ummm.....
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Fri May 02, 2003 2:09 pm

Big K. :biggrin:

Yep, GreenLeaf's right, Javascript is fun too, but it's a tad outdated already (seeing it's a rather young scripting/coding process).

Borland offers a good Visual Java Platform, look at it at their website:
http://www.borland.com

Microsoft does, too, but I tend to like Borland more because of their huge german forum and rapid support.
GreenLeaf
level3
level3

Postby GreenLeaf » Fri May 02, 2003 2:24 pm

With a com lines like this

<script type="text/javascript">

you can state which script you want it to use, bet theres loads of dif ones in dev now.

I always use notepad for JS

(Edited by GreenLeaf at 2:26 pm on May 2, 2003)
Ummm.....
SilentHacker
level2
level2

Postby SilentHacker » Fri May 02, 2003 6:30 pm

All you need is dreamweaver mx.
[b]Keep On Hacking
kabucha
level2
level2

Re: Web Design

Postby kabucha » Tue May 24, 2022 4:09 pm

Surely all of you have noticed how much sites are sometimes elaborate and thoughtful. A minimum of unnecessary information, but a maximum of efficiency and usefulness - this is the postulate of real web designers who create sites that sometimes look like a work of art. This work is very difficult, but it is even more difficult these days to find a good web design company that would complete the order with high quality, quickly, and for an adequate fee. But fortunately, such web design companies still exist.
I have worked with these guys a few times already and each time they made an incredible impression on me because each of their work is done with love and, all the sites they work on turn into the most efficient tool to use.
juliapaulson654
level0

Re: Web Design

Postby juliapaulson654 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:34 am

Hello,
you can easily make a website with the help of HTML and CSS. it's too simple. Recently I make a website Eden derma in which I used HTML and PHP language. if you want to build your website with the help of a plugin it's a little bit difficult. you can contact me if you facing any issues during creating your website.

Return to “General”