massive lag>crash regardless of prison size since 12b

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

junktabot
level0

massive lag>crash regardless of prison size since 12b

Postby junktabot » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:53 pm

Ever since update 12b (as best I can tell), I've noticed that the game rapidly becomes laggy upon loading, to the point that after a few minutes the frame rate is in single digits and the cursor lags so much as to make the game unplayable. This seems to happen regardless of prison population or map size. I've tried starting the game and not building anything, but right from the start there are framerate hiccups, quickly leading to the game just stalling into a CTD.

I haven't seen many people posting about this here or on the reddit, but I've seen a few. Here's my system specs and the steps I've taken trying to find a solution:

Windows 10
i7 6700k
32GB DDR4 2400 RAM
GTX 1080 Ti

-First, I disabled all mods.
-I then tried reinstalling.
-I tried running the Prison Architect64 executable in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
-I ran benchmarking tests on my machine to determine if the performance problem was with my hardware.
-I tried a totally clean install of the latest nVidia drivers.
-I then tried a clean install of the geforce 385.69 drivers from last year, released before any fixes for the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities.

The issue persists. Has anyone found a solid fix for this? Is Introversion aware of any such issue?
junktabot
level0

Re: massive lag>crash regardless of prison size since 12b

Postby junktabot » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:46 am

I've seen several threads about this on the Steam discussions page with no response from Introversion. Given that there seems to be no technical issues board here, do any of the devs even look at these boards?
VoiD88
level5
level5

Re: massive lag>crash regardless of prison size since 12b

Postby VoiD88 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:08 am

Return to “Community Members”