[Suggestion] Extra Sector

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

CubeSy
level0

[Suggestion] Extra Sector

Postby CubeSy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi, after playing Prison Architect for 200+ hours there is one feature I'd really like to see.
An extra security level, maybe call it "Administrative Segregation" or something like that. This would be very usefully during a Virus Event or to separate Gang Leaders for the rest of the population.
Alternatively a simpeler option might be, to add a flag to a prisoner so he always keeps his current cell, and is never moved to an other cell, regardless of cell rating or whatever.
Alpatron
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Extra Sector

Postby Alpatron » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:14 am

Do you mean permanent lockdown?
CubeSy
level0

Postby CubeSy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Alpatron wrote:Do you mean permanent lockdown?

No, I mean an additional security level. Like MinSec, MedSec, MaxSec, Protective Custody, Death Row and <one extra level>.
Alpatron
level1
level1

Postby Alpatron » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:38 pm

CubeSy wrote:(...)Alternatively a simpeler option might be, to add a flag to a prisoner so he always keeps his current cell, and is never moved to an other cell, regardless of cell rating or whatever.

That does sound a bit like permanent lockdown now, doesn't it?
CubeSy
level0

Postby CubeSy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:19 pm

Alpatron wrote:That does sound a bit like permanent lockdown now, doesn't it?

Except prisoners would be allowed to leave their cell according to the regime. Just that they aren't moved around from cell to cell, they always return to the same cell.
That way you can keep gang members spread around.
Alpatron
level1
level1

Postby Alpatron » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:37 pm

Ahh, just turn of cell rating optimization, and automatic security class elevation.
CubeSy
level0

Postby CubeSy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Alpatron wrote:Ahh, just turn of cell rating optimization, and automatic security class elevation.

Turning it of in the Policy-tab doesn't do what I described, prisoners are still moved around to better cells if they behave well.
Alpatron
level1
level1

Postby Alpatron » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:27 pm

It shouldn't do this, I think, maybe it's a bug, we should check the bug tracker, post-haste.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:32 am

Yep. Big fan. +1
prisonarch125
level1
level1

Postby prisonarch125 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:40 am

I would love additional sectors. A "Green" or "White" "any colour not already in use" sector would rejuvenate my interest in the game. I'd love to segregate those addicted to drugs and alcohol into their own part of the prison where I can further limit the amount of contraband they have access too, without having to use supermax-protective custody as I already micromanage those as well.

I tried my hand at segregating mothers, but it seems like a silly workaround having to sacrifice one the existing security levels just to handle their regime and constant need for sleep.

Return to “Community Members”