dev cheat question

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

stonecold
level1
level1
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:21 pm

dev cheat question

Postby stonecold » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:52 pm

did I miss the option, or is there no "no tired staff" option in the dev menu?

the instant build is great, and a few of the other options are great as well, but if there is no tired staff option....the devs may have dropped the ball....
yuk
level2
level2
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: dev cheat question

Postby yuk » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:02 pm

You could just build a staffroom lol.
stonecold
level1
level1
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: dev cheat question

Postby stonecold » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:41 am

yuk wrote:You could just build a staffroom lol.


its post like that, that make me remember why I didn't post here for two years.....

I'm not going to address that comment further, but for the record, you don't have to (and I would really like it if you didn't) post/re: my messages in the future (there will not be many more, I waited two years, the game is done, so...)

lucky for me I can cheat the save file for fatigue, but it just seems to me a "dev menu" should have such an option...I must be in the minority on that, but........

I was just thinking I overlooked it, I guess the dev menu isn't as great as I had hoped....that or they (devs) are still holding out on us (as far as options and features go).
yuk
level2
level2
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: dev cheat question

Postby yuk » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:27 am

Staff tiredness has never been an issue for me. If they're tired they stand around and recharge slow. If they have a staffroom they go there for 2 seconds and pop out again. I like to place staffrooms pretty much everywhere for this reason, just little ones, and I've never had an issue...even on maps where I don't have staffrooms or only have one or two for large ones.

I don't understand why you want a cheat for this. I also don't see how it's dropping the ball. I was hoping you would explain why you can't just build a staffroom and need a cheat for it.
stonecold
level1
level1
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: dev cheat question

Postby stonecold » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:31 am

yuk wrote:Staff tiredness has never been an issue for me. If they're tired they stand around and recharge slow. If they have a staffroom they go there for 2 seconds and pop out again. I like to place staffrooms pretty much everywhere for this reason, just little ones, and I've never had an issue...even on maps where I don't have staffrooms or only have one or two for large ones.

I don't understand why you want a cheat for this. I also don't see how it's dropping the ball. I was hoping you would explain why you can't just build a staffroom and need a cheat for it.


dogs are different first off....I need the dogs to work more than they are programed for.

as far as you not "understanding" why I need to cheat....well, cheating is: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage....the key here is advantage. I myself like to take advantage of certain aspects of games....
if I have 50 dogs, that only work an hour or two game time, and have to recharge that's 50 recharging at once, leaving none to patrol (patrol, sniff, search for tunnels, ect) ... now I know what your thinking...why not hire 300-400 dogs to work in shifts, well...I could do that. or I could "cheat" and have them immune to needing to rest. that (the latter) saves me money in game (I know I could cheat that and do cheat that to start) but another aspect is, having them all on working all the time means I never have to worry about a tunnel being dug without my knowledge...they dig them, they get caught immediately. with cheating I never have to worry about the dog leaving a area unprotected (as far as contraband is concerned or for that matter digging as well)

cheating fatigue has a lot of benefits...snipers are another one....ever have someone escape (or try to) when your snipers are changing shifts???.....I have.....but I give them lots of energy and that problem is gone, that weakness in the game is gone for me. cheating is a very powerful tool for games (or anything else for that matter).

I can't help it if you have never cheated in a game, I can't help it if you "can't understand" the aspects of cheating to get ahead in a game, I'm never going to be able to convince you otherwise....cheating is fun, just ask other people. there are mods made for cheating games in every platform and every genre dating back since games even existed.

the dev tools are full of cheats, enable this....disable that.....cheating and games go hand in hand.

just because you don't have a desire, or don't see a point to cheating a game doesn't mean everyone shares that opinion.

you may not want to cheat, you may not "understand"....but I do, and I bet many others do as well.

its apparent your level of understanding needs work anyway, if you will read my earlier comment to you, you might get a clue why I say that.....but again, for your understanding....cheating=many people do it, if you don't know why, it doesn't matter to much for you. accept it and go on. I bet you don't understand everything in the world. just classify cheating as one of those things (for you) and move on.

oh yeah...as far as dropping the ball is concerned, the devs made a cheat menu for almost everything...but fatigue...the mere fact they left that off is "dropping the ball"...or maybe so you "understand" its like building a house with no roof....dropping the ball would be forgetting the roof (or forgetting an important part of something)....hope that helps you "understand"
yuk
level2
level2
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: dev cheat question

Postby yuk » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:26 am

stonecold wrote:
yuk wrote:Staff tiredness has never been an issue for me. If they're tired they stand around and recharge slow. If they have a staffroom they go there for 2 seconds and pop out again. I like to place staffrooms pretty much everywhere for this reason, just little ones, and I've never had an issue...even on maps where I don't have staffrooms or only have one or two for large ones.

I don't understand why you want a cheat for this. I also don't see how it's dropping the ball. I was hoping you would explain why you can't just build a staffroom and need a cheat for it.


dogs are different first off....I need the dogs to work more than they are programed for.


I agree the dogs need to amp it up, they get tired far too fast!

stonecold wrote:as far as you not "understanding" why I need to cheat....well, cheating is: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage....the key here is advantage. I myself like to take advantage of certain aspects of games....


No I mean your end game. There may be a mod that can help you which is why I wanted to know what you needed. Also you could have been having some weird bug happening too.


stonecold wrote:if I have 50 dogs, that only work an hour or two game time, and have to recharge that's 50 recharging at once, leaving none to patrol (patrol, sniff, search for tunnels, ect) ... now I know what your thinking...why not hire 300-400 dogs to work in shifts, well...I could do that. or I could "cheat" and have them immune to needing to rest. that (the latter) saves me money in game (I know I could cheat that and do cheat that to start) but another aspect is, having them all on working all the time means I never have to worry about a tunnel being dug without my knowledge...they dig them, they get caught immediately. with cheating I never have to worry about the dog leaving a area unprotected (as far as contraband is concerned or for that matter digging as well)

cheating fatigue has a lot of benefits...snipers are another one....ever have someone escape (or try to) when your snipers are changing shifts???.....I have.....but I give them lots of energy and that problem is gone, that weakness in the game is gone for me. cheating is a very powerful tool for games (or anything else for that matter).


No, I always have spare snipers and armed guards. 5 armed guards and 2 snipers extra for every 6 towers.

To help with tunnels you should do a shakedown when the prisoners go to sleep. Makes it quicker. You can also build perimeter walls around your housing blocks and add lights outside them, both deter tunnels. I've found more tunnels with shakedowns than with dogs, even though I do play with hundreds of them. It's good to have a perimeter wall then 3 or 4 spaces of concrete before you get to the prison cells because it slows them down too. At least this way tunnels won't be too big a deal. Also having shorter patrols might help. I have mine go past no more than 4 cells a night. Also be sure to have guards patrolling the corridors of the cell block so they can catch tunnelers (who do it at night).

Also metal detectors will help, as well as setting body and cell searches for every infraction in policy :).

stonecold wrote:I can't help it if you have never cheated in a game, I can't help it if you "can't understand" the aspects of cheating to get ahead in a game, I'm never going to be able to convince you otherwise....cheating is fun, just ask other people. there are mods made for cheating games in every platform and every genre dating back since games even existed.

the dev tools are full of cheats, enable this....disable that.....cheating and games go hand in hand.

just because you don't have a desire, or don't see a point to cheating a game doesn't mean everyone shares that opinion.

you may not want to cheat, you may not "understand"....but I do, and I bet many others do as well.

its apparent your level of understanding needs work anyway, if you will read my earlier comment to you, you might get a clue why I say that.....but again, for your understanding....cheating=many people do it, if you don't know why, it doesn't matter to much for you. accept it and go on. I bet you don't understand everything in the world. just classify cheating as one of those things (for you) and move on.

oh yeah...as far as dropping the ball is concerned, the devs made a cheat menu for almost everything...but fatigue...the mere fact they left that off is "dropping the ball"...or maybe so you "understand" its like building a house with no roof....dropping the ball would be forgetting the roof (or forgetting an important part of something)....hope that helps you "understand"


You sure take things personally quickly LOL.
Bryan Swartz
level0
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Re: dev cheat question

Postby Bryan Swartz » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Everyone likes to play games for different reasons. I certainly understand that, even though I'm someone who views the dev menu as an interesting curiosity that I have no reason to want to use; I'm the kind of guy who will use house rules to make the game more of a challenge, not less of one.

Having said that, re: 'dropping the ball', I simply don't agree that the dev menu has almost everything else but staff fatigue. There's a lot of things that could be in there, but are not. I don't at all agree that it's like building a house without a roof; this is illogical. If you listen to how the idea came up of releasing it, it's quite clear that these options were not developed for us, but rather what was already there for development/testing purposes was revealed to the player as an optional, bonus feature. In other words, the items in the dev menus are the ones that were useful to them while making the game. It is not, and was never intended as, a 'change anything you don't like' type of mode.
stonecold
level1
level1
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: dev cheat question

Postby stonecold » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:27 pm

Bryan Swartz wrote:Everyone likes to play games for different reasons. I certainly understand that, even though I'm someone who views the dev menu as an interesting curiosity that I have no reason to want to use; I'm the kind of guy who will use house rules to make the game more of a challenge, not less of one.

Having said that, re: 'dropping the ball', I simply don't agree that the dev menu has almost everything else but staff fatigue. There's a lot of things that could be in there, but are not. I don't at all agree that it's like building a house without a roof; this is illogical. If you listen to how the idea came up of releasing it, it's quite clear that these options were not developed for us, but rather what was already there for development/testing purposes was revealed to the player as an optional, bonus feature. In other words, the items in the dev menus are the ones that were useful to them while making the game. It is not, and was never intended as, a 'change anything you don't like' type of mode.


its apparent we disagree on most everything.....I will leave it at that.
yuk
level2
level2
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: dev cheat question

Postby yuk » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:23 pm

Despite all the personal attacks and ranting we've actually been trying to help you out here lol.

Step 1: understand the request.
Step 2: try to find a solution or alternative or workaround or all of those.
stonecold
level1
level1
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: dev cheat question

Postby stonecold » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:31 am

I have a "workaround" so....no need to comment again...l sure won't

Return to “Community Members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests