[Suggestions]Gaining / losing reputation ; valuation ; CI`s

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Dada Mirdal
level0

[Suggestions]Gaining / losing reputation ; valuation ; CI`s

Postby Dada Mirdal » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Hi guys,
what do you thinks about the idea of losing/ gaining reputations?
E.g. The Rep "fearless" could be lost, after the inmates got hit by a shotgun, or got beaten up seriously; Becoming stoical after a couple days in solitary/lockdown; Becoming To tough after getting in a fight/ or tazed often.
A way to still allow strong punishment prison, may be rita, wich could block the part with becoming stoical.
I also thought about a repuation like "wimp" or simliar. These inmates arn´t affectet by instigators and rather flee a fight. A way to lose it is by getting into a gang.

One more thing, I want to write is about the valuation of the prison: Instead of calculating it my mortar capacity and staff, why not add reoffending rate of current inmates?
The last one is about the CI´s. They are always giving information, and you aren´t doing anything for them(exept making them to snitches and risking there livies). So you may need to arange a deal, like a sallery, guaranteed parole pass, becoming a lower sec prisoner...
Would like to know your opionis about my suggestions
yuk
level2
level2

Re: [Suggestions]Gaining / losing reputation ; valuation ; C

Postby yuk » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:08 am

It would be cool if you had to pay CIs a lot of money.

Also love the idea on a rep system that changes prisoners attributes.
stonecold
level1
level1

Postby stonecold » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:40 am

yuk wrote:It would be cool if you had to pay CIs a lot of money.

Also love the idea on a rep system that changes prisoners attributes.

it would suck if you had to pay ci's "a lot of money"...that goes against logic of the real world and of the game (the game of which is finished...that won't be added)
yuk
level2
level2

Postby yuk » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:11 am

No it wouldn't. Most prisoners have to be bribed with luxuries and privileges to be CIs in the real world, so paying them a lot of money would make them far more valuable and would make you consider how many you're paying/how many you're calling in.

When you call one of them in you should have to pay them with money just like you have to pay working prisoners...because who would realistically give up information that could have them killed without any benefit. Breaking down in solitary is one thing, but ongoing support has to be bought.
stonecold
level1
level1

Postby stonecold » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:45 pm

yuk wrote:No it wouldn't. Most prisoners have to be bribed with luxuries and privileges to be CIs in the real world, so paying them a lot of money would make them far more valuable and would make you consider how many you're paying/how many you're calling in.

When you call one of them in you should have to pay them with money just like you have to pay working prisoners...because who would realistically give up information that could have them killed without any benefit. Breaking down in solitary is one thing, but ongoing support has to be bought.

whats your idea of "a lot of money"....when I think of that I think of at least a 100 million. I don't know any prison that pays 100 million+ to a ci....if I did, I would get locked up just to get "a lot of money" to use when I got out.
yuk
level2
level2

Postby yuk » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:09 pm

Like $100 per dude. Maybe $50. I don't know it depends what shop prices are like haha.
stonecold
level1
level1

Postby stonecold » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:54 pm

wow, you really are stupid.....100 bucks a lot of money :lol:
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:00 pm

stonecold wrote:wow, you really are stupid.....100 bucks a lot of money :lol:

As with anything, the definition of "a lot" of money is highly context dependent. In a prison, where one might earn only a few cents per hour (this article gives a range of 16-93 cents per hour), paid into a commissary fund, $50--100 might actually be quite significant. Calling someone "stupid" for applying that logic and suggesting that $100 might be a lot of money is uncalled for.

xander

Return to “Community Members”