"Prison Architect has stopped working.."

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

lykmejoe
level0

"Prison Architect has stopped working.."

Postby lykmejoe » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I bought the game yesterday on Steam and it worked fine. I played the initial tutorial, and then started to build my own prison. Then today when I tried to launch the game I got a message/error saying "Prison Architect has stopped working.." I tried verifying the game files and it did not work, I tried reinstalling and that also did not work. So then I read that I should download the game from the wiki page, done that and it still isn't working. I don't have a clue what to do next other than post here for some help. I played the alpha roughly a year ago with no problems what so ever, just weird that it will not work now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Trixi
level2
level2

Re: "Prison Architect has stopped working.."

Postby Trixi » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:12 pm

Do you have some recording software running?
rdy2dve
level0

Re: "Prison Architect has stopped working.."

Postby rdy2dve » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:46 am

I'm having a similar issue and have tried rebooting, uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling, and even downloading the latest build directly from Introversion (thanks for allowing that with a Steam key, btw), and nothing worked. Based on the comment here, I did display Play.TV (came with my video card) and I _think_ it may now be running. Fingers crossed, because the game is really, really, fun!

Return to “Community Members”