Process Prisoner Immediately Command, and Other Commands

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Kilyle
level1
level1

Process Prisoner Immediately Command, and Other Commands

Postby Kilyle » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:40 am

I am sick of seeing prisoners waiting around in the intake area, while guards mill about doing nothing, and the prisoners haven't even been brought into the prison. I have no idea whether it's assigned to a guard who is off somewhere else in the prison or what, but it should be possible to prod the nearby guys into doing things.

Setting a command to do something immediately seems to work pretty well for the workers now. I hope it's just grabbing the nearest guy and saying "grab thing and do it"; I haven't really paid attention to work out the mechanics. But it would be useful if I could do that for guards as well.

Actually, janitors too. There are a few specific commands I want to be able to execute immediately, with the nearest guy grabbing it right then, and others I'd like to have the option of bumping to the top but that generally can take a back seat to the rest of the stack:

Process that prisoner immediately! Search him and bring him into a cell. Don't just search him and leave him to wallow in the memory of what he's done -- get him inside the prison and into the regular operational population!

Rescue that snitch! I don't know what this should be called, but on at least four occasions today I had a Snitch (already marked Protective Custody) randomly wander into crowded areas of Snitch-hating people, and get killed for it. Until the Protected Custody guys have some sense of self-preservation (better AI, different movement/avoidance patterns), I would like to be able to respond to that sudden-realization moment of "That guy is about to die" with "Nearest guard, GRAB HIM AND GET HIM OUT OF HERE!" Especially in one case, where the Snitch had been rescued from a fight, and was sitting there in handcuffs (for fighting back), and the guards completely ignored him, and I couldn't figure out what the heck to do to move him (he was marked "search prisoner") and had to just sit there and watch the other prisoners descend on a handcuffed and completely helpless man.

If a prisoner is in Protective Custody, and somehow ends up being attacked, the first response shouldn't be to shuffle him to the side and search him for weapons, it should be to immediately remove him to a place of safety (cell, or infirmary if he's below half health), and only later search him for contraband.

Move that item! I've seen food trays, laundry, bags, trash, tree stumps, etc. etc., and I only have the option of "follow" (??), "dump/discard," or "dismantle" -- sometimes not even that (if I recall). I want to be able to move these things back into circulation without difficulty. I want to put them on a list of items the game forgot about -- like the time that a laundry basket got stuck in one spot and nobody would move it or interact with it but I couldn't make a wall I needed to finish a cell because it was right there in the way. Having a worker or janitor move to a spot with a "forgotten" item should move that item back into circulation immediately, and there should be a command on the item to move back into circulation whenever convenient (stick it on the list of things to do, and if it's already there then shift it maybe a bit higher than it was?).

I had some other commands in mind too, but I can't think of them right now. Might come back and post them later.

Return to “Community Members”