[Suggestion] Allow me to set the priority of deployments

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

groovybluedog
level0

[Suggestion] Allow me to set the priority of deployments

Postby groovybluedog » Tue May 03, 2016 3:29 am

With the deployments, there are some more important ones that others. Some, are just there to make use of those wondering guards and are not so important...

So my idea is to implement some sort of priority system for all types of deployment on a per-deployment and per-position/guard (not specific to that single guard) basis.

In this case, let's say that the priorities are Low, Medium and High. These are the effects:

Low: The deployment is the lowest priority and can be filled the slowest; a guard can freely move away from their deployment.
Medium: The standard deployment; they should be filled as soon as possible, and they can respond to doors/incidents as usual.
High: A guard cannot leave the deployment under any circumstances; if he must leave, a replacement guard must come first before the guard is relieved.

If that is too difficult, how about some sort of ctrl + left click system like with the job prioritisation, effectively "locking" a guard to that post which must be manned at all times?

What are your thoughts?
Pompier15
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Allow me to set the priority of deployments

Postby Pompier15 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:50 pm

That's a very good idea ! For some critical situations it could be very usefull. I propose that for maximum priority patrols instead of "a guard leaves his post to rest in the staff room then a guard is called to ensure the patrole" it could be like "the guard who wants to rest must wait another guard came ensure his post before he can leave". I don't know if I'm very clear and sorry for that.
Anyway your idea is great.
Axios
level2
level2

Postby Axios » Sat May 07, 2016 1:15 am

Awesome idea!
groovybluedog
level0

Postby groovybluedog » Sat May 07, 2016 4:59 am

Pompier15 wrote:That's a very good idea ! For some critical situations it could be very usefull. I propose that for maximum priority patrols instead of "a guard leaves his post to rest in the staff room then a guard is called to ensure the patrole" it could be like "the guard who wants to rest must wait another guard came ensure his post before he can leave". I don't know if I'm very clear and sorry for that.
Anyway your idea is great.

Hey, yes that is what I meant. It's silly to have guards leave their posts even when there is an outstanding job within that area... they should at least finish the jobs in that area first.

But yes guards should get a replacement. There should be the same options on all types of patrol as well. In general the guards/staff also need to react quicker and more efficiently to jobs near them.

Axios wrote:Awesome idea!

Thanks!

Return to “Community Members”