[Suggestion] Minimum prison labour requirment

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Alpatron
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Minimum prison labour requirment

Postby Alpatron » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:14 pm

So here's the thing.

I've split my work time in my regime so that one group of prisoners can shop while the other one operates the shop and later they switch places. But one particular group of prisoners wants to sit on their lazy a**es all day and is taking the cleaning job, instead. *cough* low sec *cough*. So normal sec prisoners don't get any shopping time. But I've got a simple solution. A function where you can set a minimum amount of prisoners designated to work at a place, so there won't be any empty shops and prisoners in need of merchandise, kitchens with not enough manpower to run them...
Well?
wolfthecreator1
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Minimum prison labour requirment

Postby wolfthecreator1 » Mon May 09, 2016 7:16 pm

yes I have the same problem. Your idea is great! :D
Alpatron
level1
level1

Postby Alpatron » Tue May 10, 2016 2:08 pm

Thanks. Now we just need Chris and co. to think the same thing.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Wed May 11, 2016 8:21 am

I agree that it should be added. But for the time being, you can micromanage around the problem by removing all the jobs from the cleaning cupboard; once the guys inside have switched to working in the shop you can re-add the jobs.
Alpatron
level1
level1

Postby Alpatron » Wed May 11, 2016 11:07 am

Now that we are talking about micromanagement, one feature I would like is to see the total number of workpositions on the job distribution screen.
PrisonerJoe
level1
level1

Postby PrisonerJoe » Wed May 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Yeah, I agree that this is an issue for the shops and in general. One temporary fix that I think would be relatively easy for them to implement is the option of assigning a guard to work the shop instead of/in addition to prisoners.

I like the idea of forcing your prisoners to work as well. I don't know of any prisons (at least in the states) where a prisoner is just allowed to refuse work that is assigned to them without punishment. In other words, work is a requirement, not an option.
Alpatron
level1
level1

Postby Alpatron » Wed May 25, 2016 3:36 pm

PrisonerJoe wrote:Yeah, I agree that this is an issue for the shops and in general. One temporary fix that I think would be relatively easy for them to implement is the option of assigning a guard to work the shop instead of/in addition to prisoners.

I like the idea of forcing your prisoners to work as well. I don't know of any prisons (at least in the states) where a prisoner is just allowed to refuse work that is assigned to them without punishment. In other words, work is a requirement, not an option.

Well the prisoners in PA are forced to work, but he algorithm assigns the jobs based on proximity and qualification which can leave some empty. Another neat function I would like to see is being able to see the total amount of workplaces in the prison. It's tedious to count the workplaces one by one to see if I have enough of them for my new cellblock or whatever.

Return to “Community Members”