Obligatory suggestion list

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Kimyrielle
level0

Obligatory suggestion list

Postby Kimyrielle » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:53 pm

Here is my obligatory list of suggestions, after having played (and loved!) the game for a while:

1. Don't raze walls when you're expanding a building.
When you expand an existing building, the connecting wall(s) are torn down. I don't know why that is, but it's both not realistic and makes expanding a cell block a complete PITA as prisoners might just love the chance to escape.

2. Don't make reform programs use "work" time.
In a high security section I don't usually want prisoners to work (which for some inmates amounts to free time and additional chances to mess up!), but I would still like to send them to reform programs. Also, prisoners in reform programs are no longer available for work (also bad.) Reform programs should use separate regime slots.

3. Serve prisoners their meal in their cells when no "Eat" slots are assigned for them in the regime.
Prisoners already can be served their meals in their cells when in lockdown or solitary. It would be great if we could define eating in cells as the standard for a larger group of prisoners by not assigning "Eat" time slots to e.g. Supermax Security blocks. Maybe even introduce a separate regime slot "Eat In Cells" to implement this.

4. Make "No work" a form of punishment selectable in micromanagement.
Working in jail is a privilege. It should be able to be taken away or granted separately, even if the general population is (not) allowed to work.

5. Don't ship prisoners having babies to my prison if I don't have family cells to accommodate them.
Self explanatory. :D
07onur
level1
level1

Re: Obligatory suggestion list

Postby 07onur » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:40 am

1. If you don't select walls when you drag for foundation, nothing happens to existed walls.

2. Fair idea.

3. Why? If a prisoner in super max is very dangerous and you don't want to let him use canteen, you can use permanent punishments. if a prisoner is not dangerous enough for permanent punisments, you should let him eat in canteen. As far as i know, eating in solitary is possible in real life but i don't think super max prisons eat in their cells.

4. I think it can be done by using security classes. Like not allow super max prisoners work etc.
Kimyrielle
level0

Postby Kimyrielle » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:29 am

I am not a prison guard, but sometimes I read that some prisoners have to spend 23 hours a day in their cells, the remaining hour being yard/exercise time. I would have assumed this means they eat in their cells? For the "worst of the worst" it certainly would make sense.
goodvibesman
level1
level1

Postby goodvibesman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:00 pm

Kimyrielle wrote:I am not a prison guard, but sometimes I read that some prisoners have to spend 23 hours a day in their cells, the remaining hour being yard/exercise time. I would have assumed this means they eat in their cells? For the "worst of the worst" it certainly would make sense.

The game already does this though doesn't it? How else are you going to feed those super-max prisoners who need to be locked up pretty much 24/7 surrounded by armed guards.
Kimyrielle
level0

Postby Kimyrielle » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:51 pm

goodvibesman wrote:
Kimyrielle wrote:I am not a prison guard, but sometimes I read that some prisoners have to spend 23 hours a day in their cells, the remaining hour being yard/exercise time. I would have assumed this means they eat in their cells? For the "worst of the worst" it certainly would make sense.

The game already does this though doesn't it? How else are you going to feed those super-max prisoners who need to be locked up pretty much 24/7 surrounded by armed guards.

Maybe I overlooked something, but unless you put them in "lockdown" mode individually, they are not getting served in their cells. At least they weren't when I tried it. I set up a maximum security block with a kitchen and plenty of chefs. I did not assign an "Eat" regime slot (otherwise they'd leave their cells for the canteen), and after a few days they were pretty much starved.

Return to “Community Members”