[Suggestion] Full hotkey support

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

christopher1006
level5
level5

[Suggestion] Full hotkey support

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:41 pm

One thing I'm surprised hasn't been added is real hotkey support. I would like the ability to bind hotkeys to each menu as well as being able to select objects and give them their own key to access, if we want. I know not everyone uses them, however it makes little sense that other producitivy aids such as the blueprint tool are aadded before hotkey support. What are your thoughts on this, wherever you stand?
goodvibesman
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Full hotkey support

Postby goodvibesman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:11 pm

Would love to see more usage of hotkeys in the game, I'm used to them after playing games like Dwarf Fortress.
BlackSheep86
level0

Postby BlackSheep86 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:52 pm

Especially "dump" and "dismantle"
Kilyle
level1
level1

Postby Kilyle » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:17 am

I'm after an easier way to dismantle or unlock doors. Trying to unlock a bunch of doors at once (in an area not set up to be connected) is tedious, as is telling the crew to dismantle all the things in a given area. (Actually, shouldn't there be a way to click-and-drag over items, perhaps while holding down a hotkey, that lets you select them all and do something to all of them like dismantle or dump? Would also like to be able to select all items of the same type within the screen, or within a given radius, by double-clicking one cell door or table or bed or whatever.)

Being able to click one thing then press a button would be so much easier. Click, press, click, press. And it avoids having notices thrown in my face every time I move my mouse -- clicking through a notice is irritating.

Return to “Community Members”