(Question) 64Bits Windows OS

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

natariolucas
level0

(Question) 64Bits Windows OS

Postby natariolucas » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:07 am

Hi!, I'm from Argentina and I wonder if there is a special edition about Prison Architect 64 bits on Windows OS.
I ask this because before in my older PC, i had 32bits and Prison Architect worked excelllent!, but them, wit 4gb of RAM and 64Bits it works horrible.
I'm looking forward to an answer!!, thanks!
dogsbody
level1
level1

Re: (Question) 64Bits Windows OS

Postby dogsbody » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:22 am

natariolucas wrote:Hi!, I'm from Argentina and I wonder if there is a special edition about Prison Architect 64 bits on Windows OS.
I ask this because before in my older PC, i had 32bits and Prison Architect worked excelllent!, but them, wit 4gb of RAM and 64Bits it works horrible.
I'm looking forward to an answer!!, thanks!

When you say it works horrible, what are you talking about? Gameplay issues? Frame rate? I've got a 64bit Edition of Windows 7 and it doesn't seem to have any issues.

Don't just say it's horrible, tell people why so we can suggest things for you
dapullia
level1
level1

Re: (Question) 64Bits Windows OS

Postby dapullia » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:18 am

I can comment a bit from the hardware side and gaming on Windows. Windows 7, 8, and 10 64-bit prefer at least 8 GB of ram for the OS and programs to work comfortably. From what specs you gave, I would bet your PC does not have enough ram for the OS and the game to co-exist comfortably. With 4 GB ram, all you comfortably need is 32-bit. I am sure increasing your ram would probably help not only this game but others you play as well. I speak from experience here we do not deploy PCs at work (where I work in IT) with less than 8 GB ram. Ram is also fairly cheep and easy to install. Most systems can easily handle 8 GB at a minimum.

Return to “Community Members”