Female Name in the Game

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Laila
level1
level1

Female Name in the Game

Postby Laila » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:42 pm

Hello!

As a female player of this game, I just want to say thank you for moving forward with female prisons. I appreciate the headaches it may have caused, but you have done a fine job. I like that you haven't dumbed down the violence or changed contriband, as it wouldn't effectively reflect female prisons, but actually reflect males uncomfortable perspective of women and female prisons. Hats off to you.

I do have my name in the game, however I had to change it to fit a male character, which was frustrating. I have come across some other women on this forum in the past experiencing the same frustrations.

If there is any chance we can call to action the female investors and any male supporters in this game to show we would love to have our names and bios moved to fit female prisonioners, should we desire, that would be wonderful. I know given the chance, I would for sure! Likewise, there might be some male 'Name in the Game' players that might like to change their character to a female inmate, also.

Name in the Game makes reading about characters when playing and giggling at names all part of the fun, seems a shame to miss out on this. Let's create a need for that option. I'm sure these great guys are Introversion would make it happen if they thought we wanted it.

Laila
a__gun
level3
level3

Re: Female Name in the Game

Postby a__gun » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:48 pm

As soon as they mentioned female prisoners in the update video, I immediately started thinking 'I hope they've set this up for face/name in the game players'. They do mention it in the update video as something they will do, but uunfortunately isn't possible yet. Presumably the instructions available here will apply when its live.

As a male player that isn't on a name/face in the game tier, this doesn't really effect me, but I whole-heartedly support the idea that those on those tiers should have the option of picking their prisoners sex.
Aatxe360
level0

Postby Aatxe360 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:41 pm

As soon as I saw the patch notes I was a little excited for when I could edit my inmate to the female gender.
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Laila wrote:Hello!
If there is any chance we can call to action the female investors and any male supporters in this game to show we would love to have our names and bios moved to fit female prisonioners, should we desire, that would be wonderful. I know given the chance, I would for sure! Likewise, there might be some male 'Name in the Game' players that might like to change their character to a female inmate, also.
Laila

Hiya, interested if many females or impersonators show up to give this idea a boost.. I'll second any kind of added customization options!..

"and bios moved to fit female prisonioners" -> Are you suggesting pink interfaces? 8) What should be reworked for bios? Female-only crimes?

Glad to hear this update pleases you even more then it does please me!
dareddevil7
level1
level1

Postby dareddevil7 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Brento666 wrote:
Laila

Hiya, interested if many females or impersonators show up to give this idea a boost.. I'll second any kind of added customization options!..

"and bios moved to fit female prisonioners" -> Are you suggesting pink interfaces? 8) What should be reworked for bios? Female-only crimes?

Female only crimes aren't really a thing, but you don't really hear about women raping or sexually harassing people because they generally can control themselves better
Laila
level1
level1

Postby Laila » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:45 am

Brento666 wrote:
Laila

Lol The freedom to edit the bio is only because the bio I gave my name in the game suggested anger management problems due to gender identity issues. If I moved it over to a female I would be keen to edit that along with the name. Also others may have used wording such as his, him, he. They might be keen to edit to her, she and such.
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:04 am

dareddevil7 wrote:Female only crimes aren't really a thing, but you don't really hear about women raping or sexually harassing people because they generally can control themselves better

That is.... just so not true. You generally don't hear about it because of the stigma that is attached to the concept of a male being assaulted by a female. Many male on female assaults are never reported. Almost none of the female on males are.
Brento666
level3
level3

Postby Brento666 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:39 pm

5hifty wrote:
dareddevil7 wrote:Female only crimes aren't really a thing, but you don't really hear about women raping or sexually harassing people because they generally can control themselves better

That is.... just so not true. You generally don't hear about it because of the stigma that is attached to the concept of a male being assaulted by a female. Many male on female assaults are never reported. Almost none of the female on males are.

I didn't feel like commenting on this earlier, but I must agree with 5hifty on this!.

There is still a lot of taboo, shame and even disbelief about the subject (!)
5hifty
level4
level4

Postby 5hifty » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:19 pm

Yeah I didn't want to start a flame war or anything. I umm'ed and ahh'ed for a while before posting it, but then I thought not talking about it was exactly why it is a problem. I sorta feel that the guys from PA at least had in mind the idea that the topic of the game would open discussion on 'taboo' topics.

Female on male assaults, prison rape, or all assaults of any body by anybody for that manner, all have a common thread - they are all drastically unreported because of the perceived, and more often then not, recieved social stigma that comes along with it. While each type of assault has their own complex social problems, each individual assault again has their own host of fears and threats be it physical or psychological, real or imagined social or personal.

In the end felt that brushing aside the seriousness any type of invasion of such a basic human right, on such antiquated reasoning as 'that's not something girls so', was worth pointing out.

That said I am a fan of some pretty dark humour, so if it was meant sarcastically, empathising basically exactly what I just pointed out, sorry for jumping the gun, tho I would say that if that is the case, it entirely was lacking of a punchline.
Laila
level1
level1

Postby Laila » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:19 am

This thread has trailed off the point somewhat and taken on a serious tone of a subject that really wasn't intended. That said, if anyone else is willing to support female Name in the Game please post here. I would be very appreciative. :D
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:13 am

As I already said in the Blog section of the forums, I think IV should not only do the name in the game for women but they need to convince Ryan to reopen the Face in the game tier as well. The game has about a hundred male faces in the game so it's only fair that they offer the same amount to their female players.

If they don't let's go on strike :twisted:
Last edited by VoiD88 on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
riversong395
level0

Postby riversong395 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:55 pm

It would be cool if we could make one male and one female name in the game. Not sure if that's too much though.
Inge Jones
level2
level2

Postby Inge Jones » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:05 am

riversong395 wrote:It would be cool if we could make one male and one female name in the game. Not sure if that's too much though.

No I think you should just choose one, but a man should be able to choose a female prisoner and vice versa if they wish. I just think that there should now be a one-off amnesty for about a month or so, for anyone who wants to, to change to a female, since the opportunity wasn't available until now.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:40 pm

Inge Jones wrote:
riversong395 wrote:It would be cool if we could make one male and one female name in the game. Not sure if that's too much though.

No I think you should just choose one, but a man should be able to choose a female prisoner and vice versa if they wish. I just think that there should now be a one-off amnesty for about a month or so, for anyone who wants to, to change to a female, since the opportunity wasn't available until now.

It has always been possible to change your bio in the name-in-game section, hence if IV were to add a sex or gender toggle to the name-in-game form, I would assume that one would be able to go back and change it.

xander
Dianna
level1
level1

Postby Dianna » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:26 pm

I'd love to be able to redo my prisoner; originally I gave her my name and tried to work with the sprite options available, but I'd definitely appreciate being able to switch to a more obviously female prisoner. It was also one of the things I hoped for when I heard female prisoners were possible now.

Return to “Community Members”