Fun feature of dormitories

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

WyDavies
level2
level2

Fun feature of dormitories

Postby WyDavies » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:21 am

A video of an event in a dormitory. I didn't expect that they would all work together to tunnel out. As it seems you can make dormitories of any size you feel like, this could lead to some fun.

https://youtu.be/lP60gVSWKxc
Brento666
level3
level3

Re: Fun feature of dormitories

Postby Brento666 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Oww. that'd be another drawback of housing them together.. :mrgreen:
Glad you caught them all, or I'd have a hard time sleeping tonight!
arwan
level2
level2

Postby arwan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:09 pm

the video also highlights the faulty guard AI logic, that is, only so many guards will chase escaping inmates, look at all those guards near the end just ignoring the escaping inmates,

there should be a AOE on escaping inmates IMHO, that affects ALL guards within the area, (10 cells or so maybe+ adjacent building interiors that fall within that area) where all guards within the AOE area will attempt to stop an escaping inmate.
MagnesiumDew
level1
level1

Postby MagnesiumDew » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Just found this out the hard way when 56 of my guys legged it from the dorm in the middle of the night.
dapullia
level1
level1

Postby dapullia » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:51 am

I have a general policy.....the dorm can gets 24/7 guard patrol supervision. Especially at night. Someone has said that if you don't put doors on the cans then they prisoners wont tunnel because they don't have enough privacy from the guards. Generally I station at least a couple of guards in my dorms at night and when prisoners will likely be in them and this greatly cut down the tunneling. One thing as well is that if you have a tunneling problem, you probably have a bad design. Put the cans near the center of the map and the beds near the fences. I always leave a one cell hallway between buildings plus I have constant dog patrols around the inside of my exterior walls (which is a double wall for patrols between them with dogs with real perimeter wall on both sides). I have an isolated inter court area for prisoners with their facilities and gates plus fences to keep them in the inner boundary. The outer area and pipe patrol halls are staff only. Every inch of large pipe is patrolled every night during sleep periods by dogs. If i start seeing a lot of yellow flags, then I indiscriminately begin searching up to and possibly including a shake down. I tend to run my larger facilities with an iron fist strategy....lengthy stays in solitary and lockdown, mass cell searches, regular shakedowns and if they prisoners don't like it then tough. If they riot then tazers + freefire and my 20 armed guards deal with the situation right quick. In a riot, I usually use shotguns first tazers second. By the end of the riot there is around 50 to 100 prisoners dead on the ground but the rest are no longer rioting. Generally, I have seen that this will not trigger the warning about excessive deaths if your population is large enough.

Return to “Community Members”