[Suggestion] Rival gang members are not put in the same dorm

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

WardenHats
level0

[Suggestion] Rival gang members are not put in the same dorm

Postby WardenHats » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:51 pm

This causes absolute chaos and almost ruins dormitories for one simple reason.

Rival gang members will attempt to kill rival gang leaders, meaning, the leader will attempt to defend himself and get put in solitary, so the danger will go up, riots will start, other gang leaders will be put in solitary for rioting, riots forever, RIP prison.

While I am not 100% sure, from what I know, no prison in the world would dare to put two different gang members in a cell together, let alone a cell block, it is just asking for trouble. Putting them together in cells in PA just causes constant riots and a max danger constantly after one leader is punished. I love gangs and I love dormitory's, but putting a red and a green gang member in a cell together is stupid. Even if it was just that leaders are only ever put in with their gang, all red/green/blue cell with a leader, this would fix this 24/7 riot issue. I may be missing a simple solution to this, I would love to hear one if it exists but overall, solution or none, rival gang members in the same dorms is just bad.
Darkrious1
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Rival gang members are not put in the same

Postby Darkrious1 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:59 am

WardenHats wrote:This causes absolute chaos and almost ruins dormitories for one simple reason.

Rival gang members will attempt to kill rival gang leaders, meaning, the leader will attempt to defend himself and get put in solitary, so the danger will go up, riots will start, other gang leaders will be put in solitary for rioting, riots forever, RIP prison.

While I am not 100% sure, from what I know, no prison in the world would dare to put two different gang members in a cell together, let alone a cell block, it is just asking for trouble. Putting them together in cells in PA just causes constant riots and a max danger constantly after one leader is punished. I love gangs and I love dormitory's, but putting a red and a green gang member in a cell together is stupid. Even if it was just that leaders are only ever put in with their gang, all red/green/blue cell with a leader, this would fix this 24/7 riot issue. I may be missing a simple solution to this, I would love to hear one if it exists but overall, solution or none, rival gang members in the same dorms is just bad.

I know right? In one of my prisons they up the ante even farther by putting all three gang leaders in the same dormitory... That's a mass riot just waiting to blow, and I'm not even kidding. Plus if all three get in on it and get punished... Its lord knows how long of having to endure extremely high danger level and riots almost constantly because of furious gang members.
WyDavies
level2
level2

Postby WyDavies » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:04 pm

I just watched a documentary about a prison where - due to massive overcrowding - they have 3 gangs in 1 makeshift dormitory (intended as a basketball pitch). Scary stuff with all the rules the inmates have about where they can and can't go and any misstep leads to deaths.

In more practical terms - what if a player decides to construct a 1000-inmate prison with a single dormitory? Not that I would try that. Well, not more than once.
Dilbert Johnson
level0

Postby Dilbert Johnson » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:58 pm

I know, i'm having this problem too. It's just so silly that this happens. Someone could probably make a mod to fix it though.

Return to “Community Members”