[Bug/Glitch] Zombie Gang Leaders (WTH)

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Darkrious1
level1
level1

[Bug/Glitch] Zombie Gang Leaders (WTH)

Postby Darkrious1 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:27 am

OK, I was playing a map on Escape mode when Benjamin Curtis the green gang leader died somehow resulting in a riot. Not wanting that gang to die off and keep the game interesting, I edited the save file and changed one of the other gang members from a solider into a leader. Then I reload the game and played on for a bit only for Benjamin Curtis (The original gang leader for Green Gang) to approach me and recruit me into the gang. I'm like WTH? I saw him die, and his body get taken to the Hearse and drive off (sorta as my vision can't quite go that far). It's official the gang leaders are Zombies! No wonder they're so 'convincing' in their gang recruitment...

Yes, I saved after he died and then edited a different prisoner, so yeah I'm at a loss. I double checked to make sure I loaded up the save and yep, it's correct. But yet there he is, recruiting me and some other prisoners, taking a shower, and going back to his Original Cell. So it's not someone else. Body type, name, and face sprite match exactly. Very bizarre and creepy.

Update: OK, I reloaded the same edited save and looked for Curtis and sure enough he's back! No interest in recruiting me this time (for the moment), but yeah he's back. Its been a few game days since the riot where he was to have supposedly die. Could he have 'faked' his own death only to return at a later time when the prison was a bit more stable? I have no idea.
SunX
level0

Re: [Bug/Glitch] Zombie Gang Leaders (WTH)

Postby SunX » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:48 pm

I assume, that in Escape mode, prison seek for restore it original state.
So after some time all damaged furniture return to normal, all burned walls are being rebuild and all dead prisoner and staff are re-spawn (or arrive back).
Darkrious1
level1
level1

Re: [Bug/Glitch] Zombie Gang Leaders (WTH)

Postby Darkrious1 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Actually this isn't a bug at all. I could not get it to replicate on other play throughs. So I think what happened is that it wasn't Curtis at all and I just assumed as the body looked the same, but in reality he was actually in Solitary at the time and I just couldn't find him. In every other instance he is actually killed, he doesn't come back later, nor does it seem that any new gang leader is chosen, but it could just be random.

Return to “Community Members”