(Bug) concrete or brick foundations not completing

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

RE4PER
level0

(Bug) concrete or brick foundations not completing

Postby RE4PER » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi guys. I've recently started play PA again, but my progress has been halted less then a minute into the first game. When I lay down concrete or brick foundations, a red marker always appears saying requires entrance? The builders will lay down a bit of groundwork, build a wall and then leave it. When I demolish a hole in the wall it continues to say this? I have also tried building the foundations in two separate parts (one wall first and the rest next to it) but the same issue occurs. Any suggestions?
eths2
level1
level1

Re: (Bug) concrete or brick foundations not completing

Postby eths2 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:20 pm

By entrance they need a door of some sort. Under objects you can find normal doors, staff doors and jail doors. Normal doors everyone can get through, staff is only staff, and jail doors only guards can get through. There is also a double jail door which is extra secure and takes so slots. Place the door on the outside layer of the building and it will finish the rest.

Hope this works for you!
RJenkos
level2
level2

Postby RJenkos » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:32 pm

eths2 wrote:By entrance they need a door of some sort. Under objects you can find normal doors, staff doors and jail doors. Normal doors everyone can get through, staff is only staff, and jail doors only guards can get through. There is also a double jail door which is extra secure and takes so slots. Place the door on the outside layer of the building and it will finish the rest.

Hope this works for you!

This.
This is a feature, not a bug!
07onur
level1
level1

Postby 07onur » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:09 am

Play campain mode first.
aubergine18
level2
level2

Postby aubergine18 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:43 am

Why don't they change the warning message to the more blatantly obvious "Requires Door"?
czar mohab
level2
level2

Postby czar mohab » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:44 pm

aubergine18 wrote:Why don't they change the warning message to the more blatantly obvious "Requires Door"?

It isn't as simple as that. For 4 walls, super basic foundation, yeah, you need a door. You can then remove the door (after foundation finishes, I do not recall if it can be done before completion) and the hole still counts as an entrance.

If you take your 4 wall basic building and add on to it on one of the walls, all you need to do is bust down one of the wall squares and there's the entrance that the new foundation will recognize (note that this is for when the new foundation does not overlap onto the existing wall, but is adjacent to it; if the new foundation overlaps a wall or portion of a wall on an existing foundation, that wall or portion of a wall will be demolished, which will count for the new entrance to the new foundation).

The Czar

Return to “Community Members”